Started on: 05-09-2004 11:06 AM
Replies: 29
Last post by: Tina on 05-11-2004 06:24 PM
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Keep this in mind if your going out to test that unproven suspension set up. This was posted by one of my fellow club members. I think the drivers door can be saved?

http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/guntalk/config.pl?read=1171

Last Wednesday May 6, I was leaving the rifle range at Julif, Tx. On Brazoria Co. Rd 57, looked like someone just dumped garbage along side the road. It wasn't there earlier. A pickup was parked next to it, thought he were scavenging. Looked like a pile of car parts.
What kinda jerk dumps junk on the side of the road?
As I looked back to the road ahead, then could see the tracks skidding off the gravel road where it hit a tree. Here's pics of Fiero accident. The kid driver, walked away from this! He walked a mile back to the golf course where he worked. The man in the pickup at scene was the superintendant at the golf course.
Did I say he walked away from this? This knuckle-headed was driving way too fast as he drove off the blacktop and onto the gravel road he lost it. Hit a tree and then boom broke into 3 pieces. The rear engine section separated and was upside down next to front hood. The front end was separated almost at a 90 o to the left of the cab. Fieros are fantastic cars on dry pavement 70 mph hairpin turns no problem.
My son Chris totaled his Ford Bronco and walked away. But this kid "Destroyed" his and walked away! Did I say that already?
Can you see the business size card of Jesus Christ in the passenger side sun visor? Yes, Jesus saves. Thank God he had no passenger, he would be up on involuntary manslaughter charges
ur out testing that unproven suspension set up. This was posted by a member in my club, this guy was lucky.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2004 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
For those on dialup, I grabbed the pics off that post and resized them. They appear to be scanned images from a cheapie film camera, hence the bit quality is reduced.

JazzMan

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
This is the most messed up fiero i've ever seen! He surely beat my accident with this crash.... Looks like he hit the tree sideways....he must be very lucky to come out alive...

Yeah trees rarely move for a car. They're always stronger.

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
But is it art?

Glad he walked away. But how?

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post
looks painful.

------------------
*ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* Hi, this is Kettle, leave a message at the beep.. *beep* Hello Kettle, this is the pot.. You're black

watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
I think I still see some parts I can use!! Err.... no.. maybe not....

That has GOT to be the worst one I've ever seen too. Unreal that he walked away, and damn lucky for him there was no passenger.

85fierowiks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksDirect Link to This Post
damn.

------------------
-Josh
AIM: swingline1021

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
What's this 'unproven suspension set up' you speak of?
boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
I sense that gravel + high speed + unproven supension = pain + more pain
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boristheblade:

I sense that gravel + high speed + unproven supension = pain + more pain

I think you are right...
Look's like he just need's a welder, and some Bondo!!

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!
3.4DOHC/5speed swap coming soon..(gathering part's now!)

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
Welder? Ha, weve got JB weld for those kinds of things!
PFF
System Bot
Ambush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmbushClick Here to visit Ambush's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmbushDirect Link to This Post
R U sure he is still alive, DAMMMMN that hit looks pretty hard. If he is god was in his corner that day. I wonder if this teaches the kid to slow down, or does it show him he in invulnerable. hmmmm

------------------
Beware, somewhere there lyes an AMBUSH

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Welder, bondo, and Grey Primer.... (j/k)

Paul

Pontiac Boi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiac BoiSend a Private Message to Pontiac BoiDirect Link to This Post
Wow

------------------

wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Ain't nothing duct tape can't fix!
DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
BF Comp TAs.. Sigh.. man I'm glad to be rid of mine. they are only good for clean dry pavement.

Insane how the whole car crumbled up around him.. you can't be any more lucky!! Or was he thrown?

------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!!
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2004 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the car was rusted in a few spots.
Take a close look at the one of the back of the cluster and drivers door... Looks like rust down on the bottom left
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
That "unproven suspension mod" must have been trying to drive Dukes of Hazzard style without any bolts in the front end holding it together.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Here's another
here's the front

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 05-11-2004).]

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Look at the bight side, you can still save the ..... oh, no wait theres always the.... nope. Uhhh.....
BTW, I'll pay $20 for the washer tank, somethin on that cars must be blessed, and I need a new good luck charm
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
glad he's ok, but ya only need 2 things to fix it:

duct tape for things that should not be movin
and wd40 for the parts that should,

------------------
1985 RED & SILVER GT 2.8 V6, 99.5k KM!

PFF
System Bot
FieroPilot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroPilotSend a Private Message to FieroPilotDirect Link to This Post

I wouldn't have walked back to work......I would have gone to the nearest store to get lotto tickets cause the boy has horseshoes the size of mars up his arse.

btw, did he mention how the new suspension mod worked.?.....lol

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
How the hell did he live??? I cant understand walking away from that. Let alone a mile.
Mini z Crazy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mini z CrazySend a Private Message to Mini z CrazyDirect Link to This Post
WOW !!! Looking at that just made me set my keys on the counter and stay home tonight. That man is lucky. There was an accident here in wisconsin like that. He hit a telephone pole and it split the car in half, then it proceeded to burn. Sadly the driver died inside the car. They said when they pulled him out he was so badly burned you couldnt recgonize him.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroPilot:

I wouldn't have walked back to work......I would have gone to the nearest store to get lotto tickets cause the boy has horseshoes the size of mars up his arse.

MOST DEFINATLY !!!!!

TuningForks250F

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuningForks250FSend a Private Message to TuningForks250FDirect Link to This Post
.....and they say the Fiero is a death trap.....
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

What's this 'unproven suspension set up' you speak of?

This is my question too... what's the evidence of a modded and/or untested suspension? Anyone driving any car the way it was described that this one was driven would've crashed too... but that boy sure is lucky!

Wonder if he got another Fiero after?

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
The untested suspension was a joke! and only ment as a joke please don't dig too deep here.

But on the other hand with some of the test pilots I have seen posting once and a while they may end up looking like this if they are not careful. But if suspension engineering was easy everyone would be doing 1G.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 05-12-2004).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

The untested suspension was a joke! and only ment as a joke please don't dig too deep here.

Ah... sorry, I missed the joke part thanks for clarifying!

BTW: Does anyone else think it looks like there are flames in the trees in the top of the 1st photo?

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Does anyone else think it looks like there are flames in the trees in the top of the 1st photo?

Looks more like a red barn partially visible thru the leaves to me.

Tina

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock