I'm a fiero owner again (pics) by newfie
Started on: 04-28-2004 08:40 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: newfie on 04-29-2004 01:25 PM
newfie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
Well after finding this one on ebay a few weeks ago and buying it up right away. I flew out to the dealers last weekend in Arizona and drove it ALL the way back here to Des Moines 1500+miles. It was long but worth it, looked a long time to get just the right car for the right price and finally found it. Goes to show, those deals are out there if you wait long enough. Anyway, finally took a couple pics this evening, a bit dirty and bugs on the front but like I said I just drove it 1500 miles. Its an 88GT t-top (#366CJB) 5speed, beechwood, lumbar, rear defrost, everything except perf. sound. And in red , the exact car I wanted, and didn't pay the price any fiero enthusiast would pay for it. The dealer didn't know anything about fiero's or cjb ttops or anything, at least 'till after I had bought it. He said he had a ton of calls after I got it off ebay. He said he got it from a Lexus dealer, someone had traded in. zero rust on it as well, Arizona car! Came with a carfax clean history gaurantee as well , very happy. Interior is a bit dirty and needs a bit of work, rear p-seal could use replaced and dew wipes. But thats all part of the fun, oh btw the car has 101K on it.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
Got some other pics of the interior but the PIP says its too big. Anyone know a good place to get webspace, I plan on making a website showing all resto/mod work done to the car. I have a site with geocities already but don't really like them
freshfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freshfieroSend a Private Message to freshfieroDirect Link to This Post
we all have to know! what did you pay for it? come on be honest -gary-
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Very nice car, sent you an e-mail
Roylmohr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoylmohrSend a Private Message to RoylmohrDirect Link to This Post
You lucky dog that car is nice. What did you pay for it? Please tell!
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post
Cool find man! T-Tops, 88 model, GT, and red, that's a pretty good combination.

------------------
'87GT auto MODS!, 3" Drop on 17's, boosted 3800 *soon*
'95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD Turbo 5-spd
'90 Plymouth Laser RS FWD Turbo 5-spd

Fiero~Spataro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newfie:

Got some other pics of the interior but the PIP says its too big. Anyone know a good place to get webspace, I plan on making a website showing all resto/mod work done to the car. I have a site with geocities already but don't really like them

nice car! most free webspace comes with advertisements and bandwidth problems, your webhost (example rogers, sympatico) somtimes offer free webspace with no ads or bs. Call ur internet company and find out
if not try www.angelfire.com or www.bravenet.com
only free ones i know of right now

------------------

*click to see my Fiero site*

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
If youv'e got a cable modem or DSL I guess and an old PC lying around its not to hard to knock up your own web site and domain name, even with a dynamic IP address. All the space you could ever want then. Upload speed ain't that fast but hey, free is free.
My site sits on a web server here in my home office.

PS. Nice car. Love those T tops...

------------------
Dave E

www.ltlfrari.com

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
88s come with red mirrors from the factory?? Just curious if that was part of the monotone scheme.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
VERY nice car, newfie! Looks like your diligence in searching for the right car has paid off! Des Moines, eh? I have a friend that lives in Des Moines....he has a silver 88 Formula, has an eagle graphic on the doors, and says "Pro Street Formula"....ever see it? If so, chase him down and stop him if you want to talk Fieros...his name is Phil, and he's quite a guy. Congrats on the new ride...I'm envious!

------------------

Mike...86 GT 4 Speed
"Sucks to be me..."

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 04-28-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
wriott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wriottSend a Private Message to wriottDirect Link to This Post
u want to sell the car. ill be happy to take it off your hands if you want congrats on a great find!!! now... if i can find myself one...
88GTNeverfinished

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTNeverfinishedSend a Private Message to 88GTNeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

88s come with red mirrors from the factory?? Just curious if that was part of the monotone scheme.

They didn't. Black like every other year.

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
Great find!. I have a set of 88 beechwood leather seats for sale, shoot me an email if interested; mrdanone@aol.com.
newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
I noticed the mirrors too, the car has been painted over the years, it was a good paint job, I'd say about 4-5years old. I personally like the mirrors the color of the car rather than black. As for the seats, I'm going to keep my seats due to the lumbar and get Mrmikes covers.
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Nice car Newfie. I'll be keepin my eye out for you on the streets here in Des Moines. If you see an Orange PT Cruiser chasing you down, it's just me trying to get you to stop so I can check out your car.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car & a great find!

Only thing I'd change? Needs some gold lace wheels instead of the black ones

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post
Looks good. And T's for the icing on the cake.
newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I probably won't be driving it alot until I get it looking like I want. I want to redo the interior, replace the dew-wipes and couple other little things. As for the wheels, I will eventually be going with 17F/18R combo but thats not a priority. I wouldn't do that without upgrading the brakes anyway, don't like the look of a 17" wheel with the little stock rotor behind it. The existing tires are practically new anyway.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock