Started on: 04-10-2004 02:18 AM
Replies: 30
Last post by: GT-X on 05-15-2004 02:05 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

OK Archie,

With all the buzz created by Madcurl's silver chop top, his upcoming Fiero Redux chop top, and The Newly ventilated Dirty Rat,
tell us who is on deck and next in line for a chop top ?

How many do you currently have on your schedule ?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
This years bonus in November for me
Archies chop top is my DREAM MOD!!!! I must have it and ill dump that much into my Fiero in a heartbeat. Just havent talked to Archie yet. Gonna get the 3800SC in the clear first... Workin 58hrs at work deffinetly put the chop top into the easily affordable catagory... hehe! Ill be commin to see ya soon Arch!!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better" ~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
US Armored Cavalry - Fox 2/81 - Death By 120 - 1 Shot 1 Kill

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Funny you should ask......

The customer did the Hot Cammed LT4 swap we are just doing the Chop Top.

BTW, Don't give me too much credit for Curl's & Rob's cars. We just did some of the work on them. THEY are the one's who had the vision to come up with the concept.

Archie

------------------

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 04-10-2004).]

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

BTW, Don't give me too much credit for Curl's & Ron's cars. We just did some of the work on them. THEY are the one's who had the vision to come up with the concept.

Archie

What is it with guys with sawzalls and this evil smile when putting it to metal?

Archie, who's Ron? Thanks for the compliments but lets face it - you and Bill have helped make my concept, my dream a reality. Both of your signature trade marks rest imbedded in the car - forever! Thank You both!

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 04-10-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Fieromaster:

Archies chop top is my DREAM MOD!!!! I must have it and ill dump that much into my Fiero in a heartbeat.

I second that notion ! I too must (MUST !!) have a chop top ! I was originally planning on building a lamborghini replica, but knowing you can get these kind of killer exotic looks at one 10th of the the price , blows that idea out of the water.

I currently have a notchie, and the stinger looks nice, but I think the chop looks best on a GT. So now i am in the market for a low end GT to build up. I may end up having to get two because i also want a B and B spyder convertible.

If i could afford it i would get the notchie and the GT chopped and do a convertible on the second GT. Who knows I may fall into some big cash someday.

Ahhhhhh dreams,..... fieros,..who can have just one !?

Shadow_Wolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shadow_WolfSend a Private Message to Shadow_WolfDirect Link to This Post
How do you still fit after chopping the roof down like that?
SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
Im only 5'10" so i dont think i'd have any problems

If you find yourself having problems getting into the car, you should give it to me

James Z

------------------

[This message has been edited by SplineZ (edited 04-10-2004).]

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
damn Archie! you are always busy busy. i still cant get over the GT40 car you have done. amazing!

------------------
-Monkey

9 Fieros....help

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Archie, what's the wait on the Chop Top right now?? I'm trying to decide when would be a good time to bring my new fastback up there for a chop.

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shadow_Wolf:

How do you still fit after chopping the roof down like that?

Well I'm 6' and fit just fine. I had a few people at the Daytona show sit in it and only one was too tall, but then he was like 6'4" .

Rob D.

BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

Well I'm 6' and fit just fine. I had a few people at the Daytona show sit in it and only one was too tall, but then he was like 6'4" .

Rob D.

Guess thats what sunroofs (or targa tops ) are for. Heh, I just watched Coneheads a couple nights ago...

Brad

PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BtotheB:

Guess thats what sunroofs (or targa tops ) are for. Heh, I just watched Coneheads a couple nights ago...

Brad

Hehehehe, I guess if your big enough you'd look like The Roth's "Rat Fink" sticking out of the roof...

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY!
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
Archie, hows the 4-seater coming along?
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

Archie, hows the 4-seater coming along?

4 seater? did i miss something?

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk
www.XoticRydz.tk

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Funny you should ask......

The customer did the Hot Cammed LT4 swap

Chop what???? Who cares how tall the roof is when it's got a Hot Cammed LT4!!!!

It's all about the horses, man!

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TaurusThug:

4 seater? did i miss something?

It one of the Fiero-Limo's... shhh...

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!
3.4DOHC/5speed swap coming soon..(gathering part's now!)

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to but in, I just wanted to say how amazing it is how these cars turn out...they sometimes look awful during parts of the "build ups":

but then, at the end, they look totally awsome!

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 04-10-2004).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I second that notion ! I too must (MUST !!) have a chop top ! I was originally planning on building a lamborghini replica, but knowing you can get these kind of killer exotic looks at one 10th of the the price , blows that idea out of the water.

I currently have a notchie, and the stinger looks nice, but I think the chop looks best on a GT. So now i am in the market for a low end GT to build up. I may end up having to get two because i also want a B and B spyder convertible.

If i could afford it i would get the notchie and the GT chopped and do a convertible on the second GT. Who knows I may fall into some big cash someday.

Ahhhhhh dreams,..... fieros,..who can have just one !?

I agree, you just cant have one.

Hey Archie, it's nice to see another choptop build-up again. Which state is the guy from? would be nice to have another choptop in Caleefornia or in each state, so keep the sawall sharp....I'm comming. Hehehehe.

------------------

NickBW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NickBWClick Here to visit NickBW's HomePageSend a Private Message to NickBWDirect Link to This Post
man..

I have heard the top of the fiero is incredibly strong and that it can hold the weight of the car or what ever.. The choptop wont weaken it will it?
Also how much does this cost to do?(maybe if someone wants to pm a quote they got for there car)

------------------
This msg was brought to you buy a person who wishes he had an 88 fieroGT with an LS1 and 6speed.

bdjones

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bdjonesSend a Private Message to bdjonesDirect Link to This Post
NickBW -
http://www.v8archie.com/choptop.htm

<snip>
For the complete conversion (Steps #1, #2 & #3) Price By Quote Only*
Forconversion without paint (Steps #1 & #2) Price $ 3995.00
For the conversion to the top only (Step #1 you do the interior & paint at your leisure) Introductory Price $ 3595.00
* This price can vary depending on your paint choices.
</snip>

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Archie, what's the wait on the Chop Top right now?? I'm trying to decide when would be a good time to bring my new fastback up there for a chop.

Jscott,

I did not know you picked up another GT.

That is sweet,..even sweeter that you are planning on getting it chopped !!

What are your plans for it after the chop,,... any other body mods ?

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Jscott,
I did not know you picked up another GT.

Not exactly....my white coupe, which long time PFF readers may recall seeing here, had a minor accident and I've used that as an excuse to do a full body upgrade to a fastback and other Archie goodies...

My only debate is V8 first or the chop? I'm thinking engine first otherwise I would end up with the only 4 banger chop top and would not be able to back up the good looks with anything Thanks for the interest!

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Not exactly....my white coupe, which long time PFF readers may recall seeing here, had a minor accident and I've used that as an excuse to do a full body upgrade to a fastback and other Archie goodies...

My only debate is V8 first or the chop? I'm thinking engine first otherwise I would end up with the only 4 banger chop top and would not be able to back up the good looks with anything Thanks for the interest!

Does the conversion come out looking the same ? In other words are the GTs, the SE's and the Notchback coupes all exactly he same under the panels ??

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

The customer did the Hot Cammed LT4 swap we are just doing the Chop Top.

I knew I recognised that hood... It just hit me... Tell tyler I said "Hi"....

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!
3.4DOHC/5speed swap coming soon..(gathering part's now!)

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 05-04-2004).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Does the conversion come out looking the same ? In other words are the GTs, the SE's and the Notchback coupes all exactly he same under the panels ??

Yep, all Fieros have identical space frames

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

EDIT...
Too fast jscott...

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 05-04-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Archie,

Have you started on your new chop top yet ? I am referring to the successor to the Stinger.

If not any timetable in place on when you plan to begin, finish, and or debut it ??

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

My thoughts too. Which one first? However, I don't want to be the first choptop w/o a V8. Either way my car will look ugly due to it being not painted, who cares, right?

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Jscott

any more pics of your conversion ? that one looks kinda dark, hard to distinguish.

Thanks

Tony aka exoticse

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Jscott

any more pics of your conversion ? that one looks kinda dark, hard to distinguish.

Tony, I have tons more pictures I didn't want to take over your thread with pics of my (presently) non-chopped top car but since you asked

If you are interested in converting your notchback to fastback it's pretty simple once you get all the parts. I did it the hard way and collected all the parts separately. It's much easier to start with a fastback that's been wrecked and get everything you need at once.

I wasn't quite ready to start this project but my wreck altered my timetable. At least 4 different cars have donated panels to this car so far and now that it's multi-colored I'm thinking I might as well have it chopped now and only have to paint it once. So the engine might have to wait...

My primary focus right now is getting my GT ready for Wheatstock then I can finish the fastback/coupe then make the appointment for Archie's Place

- Jonathan

GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2004 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
just got her home last weekend *joy* it looks freakin awesome pics coming tomorrow

Tyler

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock