Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  GTA/London Fieros: Possibility of a Square One Meet? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
GTA/London Fieros: Possibility of a Square One Meet? by Street&Strip Performance
Started on: 03-30-2004 09:21 PM
Replies: 96
Last post by: x-thumpr-x on 05-09-2004 12:03 AM
Street&Strip Performance

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking end of May/start of June having a Fiero owner meet/greet at Square One one weekend. Square One has a massive amount of parking lots around it and usually some big empty spaces for us to park in.

I know Becky is expecting really soon and I'm hoping May/June would be late enough that her and Pete could also show up with the London gang.

Any opinions/suggestions are appreciated,
Derek

[This message has been edited by Street&Strip Performance (edited 03-30-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
We are working out our first Cruise/bbq/St Thomas drag way event the first weekend in June. So this will give us a few weekends after Carlisle to focus on it. Shall we work something out together, to nail down a date and plan?

Pete

------------------

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:

We are working out our first Cruise/bbq/St Thomas drag way event the first weekend in June. So this will give us a few weekends after Carlisle to focus on it. Shall we work something out together, to nail down a date and plan?

Pete

Grand Bend cruise should always come first in the year, and I plan on having my car on the track this year(tracking down a cooling problem). Shoot me an email at streetandstrip@rogers.com or PM me and we can figure stuff out.

I know Becky is due next week(from the 4.9 Turbo build thread) and you'll be extra busy, Brandy and I wish you guys the best on the new addition to the family.

liltobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liltobeSend a Private Message to liltobeDirect Link to This Post
I live about 15 minutes from Square One, They do have a lot of room, even the Famous Players Colliseum parking lot is huge,
my 85gt isn't on the road now and I will be gone May and June Treeplanting up north.
But, If you guys had a meet, even a small one, before May, Ide be there for sure. besides that, I'll save the pics when I get back.
peace

------------------

3.8T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8TClick Here to visit 3.8T's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3.8TDirect Link to This Post
yes, after mid-May is great......
L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2004 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post
Im up for it.Waiting for my damn engine rebuilder to finish my motor Hopefully my ride ha snew paint by then
I Annoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I AnnoySend a Private Message to I AnnoyDirect Link to This Post
Derek, I'm in. Just let me know the date and time.

[This message has been edited by I Annoy (edited 03-30-2004).]

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Assuming I still live in the area, I'm in. I'd like to go on some of the cruises this year too

Brad

ionstorm666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ionstorm666Send a Private Message to ionstorm666Direct Link to This Post
I would like to attend some gatherings or track days also since I am new to the fiero game. Just gotta get this idle problem figured out.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I'm in for sure! My fiero is at Hi-Tech Development right now for a few things and it should be ready to go soon. I can't wait! Square One would be perfect. If we wanted a parking lot all to ourselves, the Hershey Center (hockey rink) has a massive parking lot and it's not busy in the summer. It's about 5 mins from Square One.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiDirect Link to This Post
Im down!

forward all meet details to my adress

steve@venomperformance.ca

Steve

------------------
www.venomperformance.ca

PFF
System Bot
ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to come to a meet with you guys. I know for the people from London its nice to stay on the west side of Toronto but thats quite a distance for us durham folk to come down. I'd love to see something more downtown Toronto or even Etobicoke. That kind of distance isn't too bad for me but driving all the way to mississauga is quite the distance.

I want to try and have some meets on the east side of toronto this year too so maybe if you guys agree to travel out my way I can come down and hang with you folk

------------------
Alex

stored for the winter

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ThaFieroMunk:

I'd love to come to a meet with you guys. I know for the people from London its nice to stay on the west side of Toronto but thats quite a distance for us durham folk to come down. I'd love to see something more downtown Toronto or even Etobicoke. That kind of distance isn't too bad for me but driving all the way to mississauga is quite the distance.

I want to try and have some meets on the east side of toronto this year too so maybe if you guys agree to travel out my way I can come down and hang with you folk

Etobicoke would probably be close to the same as coming to Square One or even to the Hershey Center as someone mentioned as they are both on the east side of Mississauga closest to Etobicoke. The reason I picked Square One(besides the fact that I live right across from it ) is that I've seen a lot more Fieros in Mississauga than when I live in Toronto and hoping some of them will see the cars from Burnhamthorpe and come in. I've seen a silver GT that looks like the person is either restoring or getting ready to sell over on the South service road by the QEW near Dixie. Also Playdium is right there if people want to go go-karting, I have to find out more about the cost and if it's available on Sunday(I know Playdium itself is open from 10am to 12am on Sunday).

Yorkdale is okay, but it doesn't have the space that Square One does. Also might be nice to have lunch at one of the restaurants around there if people are up for that. There's a few good places within walking distance(Alice Fazooli's, Jack Astors and there's a place I haven't been to yet but heard good things about called On the Curve).

Also maybe some of the Buffalo people might come up as it's closer to the border for them. It'd be nice to see some of the State side people come up for the day.

As for coming out to the east end, I'm up for driving anywhere. My Fiero is mostly driven long distances anyway.

[This message has been edited by Street&Strip Performance (edited 03-31-2004).]

JeffsGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JeffsGTSend a Private Message to JeffsGTDirect Link to This Post
Street, as I mentioned yesterday, I'm in. I'll try to get hold of Dave (Fierofitz) and let him know. I see Thafieromunk is has already replied and he'll call in Matthew_Fiero (I think that's his friend). So, that could be 4 from Whitby. There was another new guy from Whitby who was on here recently so, if he chimes in we could get a cruise to the meet going.

Edit: The other Whitby guy is "85 Fiero 3.1" if anyone knows him have him check in here.

[This message has been edited by JeffsGT (edited 03-31-2004).]

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
good 4 me...just say when..
ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Street&Strip Performance:

Etobicoke would probably be close to the same as coming to Square One or even to the Hershey Center as someone mentioned as they are both on the east side of Mississauga closest to Etobicoke. The reason I picked Square One(besides the fact that I live right across from it ) is that I've seen a lot more Fieros in Mississauga than when I live in Toronto and hoping some of them will see the cars from Burnhamthorpe and come in. I've seen a silver GT that looks like the person is either restoring or getting ready to sell over on the South service road by the QEW near Dixie. Also Playdium is right there if people want to go go-karting, I have to find out more about the cost and if it's available on Sunday(I know Playdium itself is open from 10am to 12am on Sunday).

Yorkdale is okay, but it doesn't have the space that Square One does. Also might be nice to have lunch at one of the restaurants around there if people are up for that. There's a few good places within walking distance(Alice Fazooli's, Jack Astors and there's a place I haven't been to yet but heard good things about called On the Curve).

Also maybe some of the Buffalo people might come up as it's closer to the border for them. It'd be nice to see some of the State side people come up for the day.

As for coming out to the east end, I'm up for driving anywhere. My Fiero is mostly driven long distances anyway.

OK cool, I got no real problem getting down there its just that most of the Fiero meets I've gone to have been west of Toronto (the cruise night in burlington, pete and beckys grand bend cruise, etc). I can make it easy for one of these events and if you wanna come down our way once that would be awesome too. I think I might try and figure something out with Jeff and Adam (thumpr) for out east.

So give me a date for Square One and I'll be there, work permitting.

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I Annoy:

Derek, I'm in. Just let me know the date and time.

Check your PMs. It's about your Zex kit if you still have it.

I Annoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I AnnoySend a Private Message to I AnnoyDirect Link to This Post

Check your PMs. It's about your Zex kit if you still have it.

Right back at ya.

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Right back at ya.

And back at you. hehe. I'm working hard today.

hoola47

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoola47Send a Private Message to hoola47Direct Link to This Post
I'm in for sometime in may as well, congrats to Pete and Becky.

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
Auto, soon to be 5 spd Getrag from 88 z24, Best 1/4 = 16.1 at 83mph, mods, wires, CRX intake, and power pulley. Planning Turbo 2.8 swap for a little more umph!!!!

Bought for 2500$ Canadian.

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2004 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
*Spoink*
PFF
System Bot
I Annoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I AnnoySend a Private Message to I AnnoyDirect Link to This Post
Any date set??
Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Not yet. Do you guys want to set up two dates? One before and one after the Grand Bend cruise?

I'll send Pete and Becky a PM to see how they want to set up for the second date.

In the mean time though, maybe May 8th or 9th for a pre-summer meet at Square One?

I Annoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I AnnoySend a Private Message to I AnnoyDirect Link to This Post
May 8th sounds perfect. This would be the first even of the year.
Maybe we should consider a once a month meet in different parts of the province.
May 8th - Square one - GTA West end
Early June - London Cruise
Early July - Yorkdale -GTA East end
Early August - Woodbridge - GTA North
Early September - Pickering/Ajax/Whitby area
Early October - End of year London Cruise

What does everyone think?

------------------

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
May 8th sounds good right now. My car should be ready by then, it's getting a lot of work done

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

May 8th sounds perfect. This would be the first even of the year.
Maybe we should consider a once a month meet in different parts of the province.
May 8th - Square one - GTA West end
Early June - London Cruise
Early July - Yorkdale -GTA East end
Early August - Woodbridge - GTA North
Early September - Pickering/Ajax/Whitby area
Early October - End of year London Cruise

What does everyone think?

That's an awesome idea. That way we can try and get everyone out during the summer. I know we usually have the GB cruise first in the year, but this might get everyone warmed up for attending all the events.

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
June is ok for me, and I will need to fine tune my carb.

Good timing.

------------------
Arn Brown,

spearce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceDirect Link to This Post
I'm in just let me know when. Hopefully the engine will be in the car and in some form of tune

Steve

JeffsGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeffsGTSend a Private Message to JeffsGTDirect Link to This Post

And back at you. hehe. I'm working hard today.

Should I inform Mr. Cook (Street's boss)? No wait that would mean I'm not getting any work done either.

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JeffsGT:

Should I inform Mr. Cook (Street's boss)? No wait that would mean I'm not getting any work done either.

Rob's on vacation.

I just remembered that May 8th is Mothers Day Weekend. And a Saturday is probably be going to be pretty busy at Square One. How about May 16th?

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
May 8th will be fine I'm sure.
PFF
System Bot
Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BtotheB:

May 8th will be fine I'm sure.

The only thing I'm really worried about on the 8th is parking, in May on a Saturday, I'm pretty sure Square One is going to be crammed full of people. The 9th is probably better, but that is Mothers Day itself, so people probably have plans.

ManiMack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManiMackSend a Private Message to ManiMackDirect Link to This Post
Im for sure up for this. Pull up a thread a few days before to remind us all.

We should bring some cones. Security might not like though.

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
Sounds good to me

------------------

The 4.9 To Be! (Spring, 2005)

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ManiMack:

We should bring some cones. Security might not like though.

This guy'll handle the cones

But seriously, I don't think there'll be too much of a problem with parking. I've only been to Square One a few times but from what I remember its huge Plus I'm guessing we'll be there in the afternoon, lots of parking outside the movie theater that won't be used probably. Anything better than Yorkdale though, thats for sure.

Brad

Toogy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToogySend a Private Message to ToogyDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I haven't been around in awhile, but I hope to have my car back in action this season. Just thought I'd post that I might be able to make some of these shows.

------------------

banditbalz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for banditbalzClick Here to visit banditbalz's HomePageSend a Private Message to banditbalzDirect Link to This Post
If it were to be held on a sunday, Becky and I would consider going...

What ever happened to the Yorkdale meets? They kicked ass!

------------------
I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I am free. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat.

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2004 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Hello friends in the Great White North!!!

Would a Detroiter be welcome to come to this meet and greet? If your talking about meeting in London, that's only around a 2 hour drive for me. I love Toronto, but I really would rather not drive the 4 hours in my low milage car.

Let me know about London and I might take you guys up on it.

------------------
www.cardomain.com/id/wingnutmd------ "Peg" ------ 1985 GT - THE FORGOTTON GT!

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
You're more than welcome to come. PBJ or Her86GT can give you more info on the London/Grand Bend cruises. We usually have 2 or 3 during the summer/fall.

Lots of fun to be had. Would be nice to see some State-side people show up from Buffalo and Detroit, since they are right on the border.

Fiero~Spataro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroDirect Link to This Post
Im in! hopefully ill have my interior all together

------------------

*click to see my Fiero site*

[This message has been edited by Fiero~Spataro (edited 04-03-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave