Started on: 12-11-2003 02:06 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: doublec4 on 06-13-2004 10:32 PM
Bigfieroman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
As I mentioned before, I was in an accident. This is what I wrote:
"I was on my way to a job interview, on an off-ramp from I-96 near Livonia (eastbound exit 173), when it happened. I was on the off-ramp, and two lanes of parallel traffic were merging with mine from the right. They had stopsigns, except that the sign for the leftmost lane that was merging was on a concrete curb between my lane and theirs'. So the sign was on my right, clearly visible, and pointing almost completely in my direction...I briefly doubted if it was mine, but descided to stop just to be..."safe". 2 seconds later, I was hit from behind by a tractor trailer doing 35. He didn't beep or brake, and took another 70 feet past my car to finally stop, (about 95 feet from impact). Hit me by about a 1.5 foot margin, so my car skipped off to the right and spun partway. I believe that he is at fault, since he couldn't stop, and I did not really stop suddenly. The entire rear driver's corner was punched in, all the way to the gas filler neck. All of the coolant came out of the driver's side pipe, and the suspension over there is really screwed up. Both tail lights were broken, and the stantions were broken off of the wing, which looked mostly intact. I assume it is totaled, since a wing, a new rim, 2 taillights, a bumper, decklid, fastback clip, and quarterwindows come to about $1500 just for the parts. I am uninjured, but my back is beginning to hurt...I didn't go to the hospital. I was wearing my belt. I don't know if I will get another Fiero...I love these cars, but...I don't know. I am really upset about my car...even now I am on the verge of tears knowing that I will never drive it again."
I also said I would post pics when I got them. So, here they are:

I got $3859 from insurance for it (includes deductable, and $100 buyback). It is totalled. I am going to be selling the parts off of it soon.

I have found a new fiero, which I plan to buy. This is what I wrote earlier:
I found this in Ohio...I may buy it.
88 GT 103k
Automatic
All options except lumbar and performance sound
Tan interior
New:
Carbomet pads
sunroof seal
trunk seal
4 wheel alignment
tie rod ends
balljoints
cross drilled rotors
rear coliovers
all poly balljoints
shocks
struts
poly bushings
exhaust
cat
tips
OEM quarter windows
all engine sensors
switches
pioneer CD player
speakers
accel coil and wires
k and n filter
NOS left and right taillight lenses (!!!)
Black professional base clear (200 miles ago)
tsw 16" wheels
needs:
headlight rebuild
134a AC recharge
$4500 asking price

Pics in next post.

I will probably buy this car after Christmas, but it will still never be able to replace my first car. I started saving for the 87GT when I was 12, abd bought it shortly after turning 16. RIP 11/18/2003

------------------
87 GT Auto, Beretta GTZ Wheels, 225/50-16 Dunlop SP Sport A2s, Poly cradle/swaybar bushings, KYB shocks/struts, RCC Bumpsteer kit, 1" front & 7/8" rear swaybars, NYM rear springs (stiffest), H4 headlights, Fierowarehouse Scorpion scoop, 88GTNeverfinished tails, Repainted all silver, Fiero Store hitch, Accel SSR wires, Rapidfire plugs, K&N filters.
Future mods: Rear control arm poly bushings, Front mounted battery, Hood pressure vent.
3800 S/C after all that!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Matthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MatthianSend a Private Message to MatthianDirect Link to This Post
ouch man, i feel your pain, and your car's pain

The 88 looks really good tho, but nothing will replace that 87

red85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red85gtClick Here to visit red85gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to red85gtDirect Link to This Post
Man those rims are lookin kinda FLAT lol.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for mocking my pain red85gt.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry about your 87
but I have to say that I love the black 88 and I really like the way those wheels look on it, it looks like it was lowered some. I personally think, what they are asking for the 88 is a good price because of everything that has been done to the car.
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

Thanks for mocking my pain red85gt.

Actually, it seem's he's talking about your new Fiero's rims, which are pretty sweet! They do have a "flat" appearance which is just a combo of the offset/style of the rim.

Anyway, good luck on modding your '88GT and such, it is pretty sweet the way it looks now though!

------------------
'87GT Fully modded, 3" Drop on 17's 3800SC on the way....or a turbo
'92 LeBaron soft top, The Players car. :)

fieros only

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow! ...those pics are amazing to see.

Sorry to hear about the accident, but definitely glad to hear that you're OK. Another attestment to the quality and structural integrity of the Fiero's space frame design! (We actually had an '86 notchie that looked very simliar, with the exception that it to the force and crunched that corner in as opposed to shearing it off)

Good luck with the '88 - it looks like quite the find!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post
Two upsides are that you are ok, and that 88 GT looks to be a suitable replacement for your nice 87 GT. - kv
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
That GT is gorgeous. Man I love it!
MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
since ur guna be parting ur old one out, would u be willign to sell me the trailer hitch? even if its a little bent or something, i dont realy care, i can fix it if needed
let me know please
~Mark
PFF
System Bot
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Mark, I am going to be keeping the hitch for the 88. Sorry. I purchased it from the FieroStore, I don't know of any other sources.
MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
aw, darn, hoping to get it cheaper than the fierostore.com, maybe ill make my own lol

------------------
Black 85GT

No PM Please
AIM : Mjpana252
email : MJPana@Comcast.net

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
Thats the closest to tears I've come while looking at a car man.. that black one would be oh so sweet lowered and tinted windows
-Ryan
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in the rear GT Clip. Friend of mine was hit on the passenger side and trashed the Passenger side of his rear clip. His tail lights and decklid are intact.

I would piece them together. Lemme know.

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Sure, but I won't be back in that area til april. If you could wait until april, when I put everything else up for sale, lemme know.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

As I mentioned before, I was in an accident. This is what I wrote:
"I was on my way to a job interview, on an off-ramp from I-96 near Livonia (eastbound exit 173), when it happened. I was on the off-ramp, and two lanes of parallel traffic were merging with mine from the right. They had stopsigns, except that the sign for the leftmost lane that was merging was on a concrete curb between my lane and theirs'. So the sign was on my right, clearly visible, and pointing almost completely in my direction...I briefly doubted if it was mine, but descided to stop just to be..."safe". 2 seconds later, I was hit from behind by a tractor trailer doing 35.

Where were you interviewing at? GM, FORD, and TRW are all a couple exits up (like 175-176). Damn forieners trying to drive on our pristine Michigan roads, not knowing our rules!! Seriously, I feel your pain on the merging thing, I almost did the same thing my first time down there when I interviewed, since the damn offramps come so close to parallel with the road. Jon Chaprnka told me he saw your car all smashed to hell at Kettering but I didn't believe it until I saw this post! I don't suppose I could talk you into getting an AWD 6000 to replace it instead?

Kurt Kimmerly
(who drools over fathers SE V6 4spd, lusts after his former 84 SE 4spd, and thinks automatics are stupid.)

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Kurt! I cannot believe you are finally on the forum! I was interviewing at Valeo Transmissions. Thanks for the offer on the 6000 (not really), but I found an even sweeter GT! See you in april, and come with a list of parts you want off of it!
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
Yep, finally just made it onto the forum.... back in Feb of 02! The funny thing is, a lot of the parts I am looking for are four cylinder, manual transmission, and SE parts. I am interested in some of that stuff possibly though in the suspension, or perhaps my dad, or Andy, or Jon (all Fiero owners).

Kurt Kimmerly
(who doesn't admit that he still has a junk 84 sitting out behind a barn)

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2004 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2004 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to see that, its tough when you're emotionally attached to your car.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock