Started on: 03-17-2004 01:16 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: SplineZ on 03-17-2004 01:38 AM
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Got a newsletter from Parts Express today and the first thing I notice is this:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=299-027
and
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=299-028

They mention mounting them in cars like ours that don't have a lot of room for subs (unless you want to give up passenger foot room). The first only needs 25watts like a stock Fiero sub and the second goes up to 50. They work on the premise that you don't hear the really low, powerful bass as much as you feel it. Sounds cool, plus they're on sale pretty cheap.

So, anyone ever use these? Are the worth the money and time to install (I'm using an Alpine head unit, BTW, not the stock Fiero stereo)?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post03-17-2004 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Scot, I had a set of the Bass Shaker Pro in my last Fiero. They are definately no replacement for a big 10" sub, but they do work. I would recommend using an amp to power them, but see if they work off of your headunit first, no harm in that. If I were to do the Bass Shakers again, I would forgo mounting them under the seat and figure out some way to mount them on or in the seat.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Hi!
I had the smaller ones in my 85 GT. They were "ok", but they MUST make contact with a SOLID part of your seat for you to feel it. I wedged them between the seat and the center "glovebox" on either side. I liked them because you couldn't hear that stupid bass "moof moof" sound from outside the car...

Since it vibrates, it seemed a little "behind" the music. not bad for the price they are asking.
my .02
-FieroRumor

------------------

SplineZ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
I cant hear any moof moof outside my car with a regular sub

however one guy in the EFC had some shakers, and he took'em out. There is just no replacement for a real sub..

These things are used in video game chairs, and amusement rides.. I dont know how well it'd deal with music..

James Z

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock