My '84SE... by 84se-Stock
Started on: 02-10-2004 11:43 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: 84se-Stock on 02-25-2004 11:48 AM
84se-Stock

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
Right now it is pretty much bone stock other than turning the stock gauges from the stock orange to blue, painted interior trim pieces, JVC CD player and audiopipe 4x10s in the front.

My plans for the car are as follows:
1. Custom side scoops (similar to those of NOS3800's which can be seen here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/037968.html
2. American Racing Series 106 wheels mounted on 215/45/17 tires...although my wheel choices are constantly changing
3. Aero bumpers and ground effects
4. Original orange gauges converted to blue (completed)
5. Sunroof conversion using pieces from my parts car
6. Spoilerless decklid...may add mustang scoop somewhere down the road w/ vented decklid cover grills
7. 6cyl exhaust from the muffler back on my current 2.5L (no plans to swap engines until everything else is done and this one dies out)
8. Paint job similar to helmet1978's (red from mouldings down, white above mouldings)

I'll get you started with some pictures of my car stock and post progress pictures as I go along.

Hope you enjoy. Please excuse the road salt on the car. You can't keep a car clean for more than 5 minutes here in Nova Scotia this time of the year.

BTW...Skitime...if you happen to stumble across this post this is the car Anthony was putting the gas tank in the last time you were up this way.

------------------
Caleb Sarty

Black '84 SE 4 speed with blue gauge conversion and small interior mods...Stock otherwise, but not for long.

[This message has been edited by 84se-Stock (edited 02-22-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacksheep

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacksheepSend a Private Message to BlacksheepDirect Link to This Post
sweet...i have one of those too although i have never drove it...or any other fiero for that matter
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
is that a half of crowbar you have for your shift rod???

O yea, and your headlights are up.

Nice car. Have any plans for it yet?

Eric

------------------

Used is such a harsh term. . . I perfer "Previously obsessed over" ;)

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

is that a half of crowbar you have for your shift rod???

O yea, and your headlights are up.

Nice car. Have any plans for it yet?

Eric

It's actually a shift knob from Canadian Tire...Look really close and you'll see the sun reflecting off the black part of the handle. As for plans, most of them are stated above and I hope to start my side scoop project this weekend. NOS3800 has given me quite a bit of helpful information on how he did his and I plan on using a somewhat similar technique.

P.S. As for the headlights being up I thought it produced a nice picture with the wet weather...normally I hate having them up unless absolutely necessary.

[This message has been edited by 84se-Stock (edited 02-10-2004).]

ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2004 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
VERY NICE CAR Here is my 84 SE I got mine when I was 16 and now I'm 28 and I still love it . hope you enjoy it
ace
numan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2004 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for numanSend a Private Message to numanDirect Link to This Post
84se-Stock, ACSCAR

Nice looking cars, I know the GT's rules for speed but the sleek design of the 84 original sure does put a smile on my face. Super pictures guys.

befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2004 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
For some reason I think that the 84-86 Non aero Fiero's looked the most aerodynamic. Here is my stock 84, with the stock 13" rims too:

More pics are on my web site.

I want to take my Fiero out of the garage soon so I can clean the floor before I replace my rings and rod bearings in my motor, so hopefully that happens and I can get a pic with my new digital camera.

------------------

Details on my Fiero here
Member of the Edmonto Fiero Club Please rate me if I helped you!

[This message has been edited by befarrer (edited 02-11-2004).]

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to Chapter one of my fiero project...the side scoops. I did some more precise measuring of the panels and cross referenced those with my pvc materials. I should have a few inches to play around when it comes to fiberglassing the scoops to the body panels. I'm going to use 4inch pvc piping for the scoops themselves (2 per panel) and 90 degree pvc turn piping to achieve the round scoop backs. It may sound a little confusing now but it will all become clear as it progresses.
From the straight pvc piping I cut two sections 6 inches long and then cut each of them down the length on opposite sides to end up with four half moon shaped pieces that will make up the body of the scoops.

I then took the four pieces of pvc turn piping and cut them to make the curved back parts of the scoop and matched them up with the straight pieces to make sure they were the same width and height. The width was fine but the height didn't match up so i fine tuned the back pieces a little more until they matched up perfectly.

Sorry for the lack of progress pictures at this time. My brother stole the camera again, but I'll try to have them up as soon as possible.

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2004 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post

84se-Stock

430 posts
Member since May 2003
Upon removing the panels from my parts car I noticed a few things which needed to be fixed. The first was a chip out of thje back of one of the panels. That'l be no problem to fiberglass. The second problem I came across was the indentation of the driver's side panel leading to the intake grill. My scoop would not be large enough to fit over them so what I did was cut out that area of the panel and replace it with a piece of the door skin to make it flush with the rest of the panel. I'm in the process now of fiberglassing it so it looks stock.

I bonded to straight pipe pieces of the scoop to the turn pipe sections and used a little spot glazing putty to get a seemless finish. I then sprayed on a coat of primer so that I could better see any imperfections on the scoops themselves which would have to be fiberglassed.

That's as far as I am now and will try to get the pictures posted later tonight when I get home from work. Stay tuned...there's more to come.

[This message has been edited by 84se-Stock (edited 02-22-2004).]

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2004 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post

84se-Stock

430 posts
Member since May 2003
Here's a slight mock-up to show what they are going to look like...a general form atleast

Tonight I did some more sanding and put a layer of fiberglass on the scoops so they I can get the final shape.

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
Started working on the passenger side panel crack today to see if I could restore it to it's original form. I glued the broken off piece back on the panel and still had an area missing shown in the pictures below.

another view

Then I backed the missing area with a piece of plastic so I could start filling it up with fiberglass. Keep in mind that it is still in the starting stage and needs some more filling and alot of shaping.

:EDIT: For the right picture links

[This message has been edited by 84se-Stock (edited 02-23-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
Wish I could fiberglass.

------------------

The End of an Era...The Thingy is finally absent from my Siggy.

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could to. This is my first time so I'm kind of learning as I go. It's turning out to be a pretty fun project.
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradbitz11:

Wish I could fiberglass.

Me Too...

------------------

AKA. "SmoothGT"....

Custom Built W I D E BODY~GT!!

"I would rather be hatefully remembered, then just forgotten!!"

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2004 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
Well after 6 hours out in the garage this morning followed by six hours at work then another hour out in the garage I've finally got some time to sit down and give today's update. Things went better than planned today. The driver's side panel that I removed the concaved design leading to the factory intake grill from to make it flush with the rest of the panel is completed and ready to add the scoops to...which are also completed.

The passenger side panel from my parts car which was in pretty bad shape is about 90% complete and almost ready for the scoops to be mounted on.

Unfortunately I won't be able to bound the side scoops to the panels until this weekend because I'm completely out of money and pay day isn't until Friday.

Oh yeah...and while I'm at it I'll try out the sig I just finished making. Stay tuned for more updates and pictures.

------------------
Caleb Sarty

Black '84 SE 4 speed undergoing modification https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/038150.html

[This message has been edited by 84se-Stock (edited 02-25-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2004 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Looking awesome, ...great job, way to go for it !

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2004 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
Bump because I've added pictures to my last post.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock