Interior Paint by ace35
Started on: 01-17-2004 08:09 AM
Replies: 34
Last post by: Haze_Performance on 01-20-2004 07:42 PM
ace35

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
Ok, I want to paint my interior because the faded grey look just doesnt look right with the nice black car. But my dad does not believe it'll look good at all. I've searched and searched for pics, but am having trouble. If you could please post some it would be greatly appreciated Thanks a lot!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Well whaddya know, I'm just about to go out to the garage and assemble my painted interior. And my brother's lending me his digital camera for the day too... hmm.

Everything looks great out of the car, but I'll post some pics tonight of what it looks like when its mostly together.

Brad

Matthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MatthianSend a Private Message to MatthianDirect Link to This Post
id love to see this too, ive been thinking about painting my interior for a long time
rims05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rims05Send a Private Message to rims05Direct Link to This Post
theres some nice ones out there, you just have to do it right, i'm thinkin about doing this too i like the white and black one on this link but i'm sure some of them will jump in and help ya out more on how to do it

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/036260.html

corysdreamcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for corysdreamcarSend a Private Message to corysdreamcarDirect Link to This Post
I have dyed my interior with VHT and it looks factory. It is very durable as well my interior use to be beige and brown now it is black and yellow. Have a look

[This message has been edited by corysdreamcar (edited 01-17-2004).]

befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
This probably doesnt help, but my 86 with the grey interior has a painted center console and arm rests. I did not paint them, I think it looks pretty good, way different than my stock 84 grey interior.

Here is a pic:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/befarrer/images/Fiero/100_0076.JPG

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rims05:

theres some nice ones out there, you just have to do it right, i'm thinkin about doing this too i like the white and black one on this link but i'm sure some of them will jump in and help ya out more on how to do it

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/036260.html

The ones MinnGreenGT posted in that link are a lot like mine will be, I did my dash the same way, it looks awesome... I went with black door handles instead of white, also. Those'd be a nightmare! I'd have to tell people not to close the doors with the door handles to keep them clean!

Brad

iluvmacs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvmacsClick Here to visit iluvmacs's HomePageSend a Private Message to iluvmacsDirect Link to This Post
I painted all the plastic black, and put in some purple carpeting. The seats are only temporary. I hope the link works:

http://12.222.129.20/fiero.html

It only works when my computer is actually on. Enjoy
btw, I used cheapo plastic paint from autozone, after degreasing, and before putting on a matte finish.
------------------

http://12.222.129.20/duanehome.html

• 1985 Fiero V6 5sp
  • 1990 Honda Civic wagon
  • 1996 Suzuki GSF 600

[This message has been edited by iluvmacs (edited 01-17-2004).]

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
I used black interior dye from "Mid America Corvette". It was a 3 step deal.

------------------

1985 3.4L Coupe/1984 SE

[This message has been edited by Haze_Performance (edited 01-17-2004).]

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post

Got most of it reassembled, looks pretty good I think. I'd like to dye the carpets, and I'm not too crazy about the blue vents, I might change them back to black.

Brad

ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
I think you'll have no problems painting the interior. As long as you use the right paint, it will look good. Here's a picture of my painted interior. Its entirely black except the bezels have been painted some sparkly blue. I didn't do the painting myself, it was the previous owner who was responsible for it. I'm going to keep it this way until it either fades or I get tired of it.

If you want to know what type of paint was used I can find out. PM me if you need the info. Thanks

EDIT: bad version of the pic, its a better detailed one now

------------------
Alex

stored for the winter

[This message has been edited by ThaFieroMunk (edited 01-17-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
liltobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liltobeSend a Private Message to liltobeDirect Link to This Post
I used red vinyl spray paint, turned out pretty good on the arm rests and switch panels, sry no pic

------------------

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liltobe:

I used red vinyl spray paint, turned out pretty good on the arm rests and switch panels, sry no pic

So did I...

------------------
FURIOUS FIERO
See My New Website at www.furiousfiero.owns.it

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Furious - can you please post the pic I e-mailed you ?
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
Thank you all very much!! So to paint all the bezels I use what? Arm rests and dashboard use vinyl spray paint...and the carpet? any certain types of dyes? or dyes for the dashboard etc... Thank you all soo much I really appreciate it!
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I sell it, here check it out:
http://www.kitcar.ca/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=2813

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
86 Fiero GT, Looking to ad a 93 Northstar soon

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Here it is:

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2004 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
I need to dye my carpet dark grey but cannot find it any where any one knows a source?

------------------
Tuners of the Quickest 4.9
12.51@118 mph

4.5/4.9 (RSR)Hi Perf. Caddi-V8 Fully Blueprint&Balanced Rotating Assembly
Custom Intake Manifold
Custom Machined Heads
Victor Reinz Head Gaskets
50-150HP Nos Power Shot.
Holley 510-0-4412C Carb.

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Here's another black with buckskin:

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
Haze
That steering wheel looks sweet where'd ya get it?
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Here's another black with buckskin:

Thats sort of what I plan on doing, except reverse the areas of tan and black.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Don't make the top of the dash tan or you'll be looking at it's reflection allthe time in the windshield
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
lol yea, we're learning all about the valene(sp?) glare. Thanks for all the pics, I love the tan/white and black...that looks soo nice!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Don't make the top of the dash tan or you'll be looking at it's reflection allthe time in the windshield

oops, I didn't see that the top of your dash was black. I would also keep that area black because of the glare like you said

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
You're welcome
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
QUICK question(s) BtotheB...thats all spray painted right? and Is there any temperature requirements for spray paint, minimal temperatures, like if it's below 30 deg. DONT paint? Thanks again
BtotheB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace35:

QUICK question(s) BtotheB...thats all spray painted right? and Is there any temperature requirements for spray paint, minimal temperatures, like if it's below 30 deg. DONT paint? Thanks again

Yup, I went with Krylon Fusion and its worked pretty well so far. And yeah, there is a temperature requirement, when I did all the painting it was about 10 degrees celsius, I waited for a nice warm day in December to paint since I don't have a heated garage. So yeah, don't paint when its cold, it said on the can what the optimum temperature was anyways.

Brad

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Everyone at shows i talked to suggests SEM Paints vynal paints... Here is the BEST link i could find for it... its not THEIR site maybe someone could help you with that. http://vinylpro.safeshopper.com/29/cat29.htm?928
Anyway from what ive heard that stuff does NOT rub off at all if you spray your door pieces or ANYTHING with it!

As for DYING carpets.... There are a few sites if you look for them that sell NEW carpet in MANY COLORS for 140-220$ Thats what im going with. Dying is a PAIN IN THE ARSE! I did my seats in my bathtub.. HEHE!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better" ~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
US Armored Cavalry - Fox 2/81 - Death By 120 - 1 Shot 1 Kill

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post

Here it is:

thats awesome, i want that look in my car!!!!

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk

ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
Thank you all so much! I went to my local Bonds auto parts store, and they got this new flexible paint stuff made specially for interior painting...at least thats what he says lol. I set up my own little "shop" in the basement to paint, hopefully it turns out great!! thanks again for all your help!

[This message has been edited by ace35 (edited 01-19-2004).]

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

Haze
That steering wheel looks sweet where'd ya get it?

It's an "APC" billet 1/2 leather wrap, 3 spoke. I think I bought it a Pep Boys.

------------------

1985 3.4L Coupe/1984 SE

PFF
System Bot
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Did mine in vinyl spray paint as well...It's been holding out quite well...so far

------------------

Comealongway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ComealongwaySend a Private Message to ComealongwayDirect Link to This Post
Flashy that looks great
Taedir

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaedirSend a Private Message to TaedirDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haze_Performance:

I used black interior dye from "Mid America Corvette". It was a 3 step deal.

Where did you get the chrome trim???? I tried making it myself but my cuts looked like crap.

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taedir:

Where did you get the chrome trim???? I tried making it myself but my cuts looked like crap.

It's polished stainless.. I bought it from.... I think the name is RSM. It was a place in Canada. It came with all the panels ( 7 ) except the after market glove box door. (DXR DAD here on PPF made that)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock