Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  check out my custom intake plenum for my 3.4L, HOPE IT FITS!!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

check out my custom intake plenum for my 3.4L, HOPE IT FITS!! by m0sh_man
Started on: 12-31-2003 01:45 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: TaurusThug on 01-02-2004 01:08 AM
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
I had a friend at the local machine shop modify my intake, it took him quite some time to do, but overall it looks to be excellent quality, It has a 2.75" rise from the top of the stock location, i was told by Orief that 2.75" is the max that it can go, if its too tall i can shave 1/8th-3/16th's of an inch from the top but i loose the fiero engraving.

let me know what you guys think.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
that is totally awesome!
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Pardon my stupid question, but what does the raised section do? Increase airflow? Wouldn't you need to increase the diameter of the throttle body and intake?
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
From what I've read here on the forum, it seems that raised section adds plenum volume. Good for increased throttle response...
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
yes im hoping that the throttle response will be much better, my buddy told me to start looking for different throttle bodys that are larger but still use basically the same sensor so he can cut off the neck of my plenum and make a new neck for it to let alot more air into it.

matthew

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
That second pic look's like it is a 'built-in MSD box!!

I think it will work as good as it look's!!
Very nice job as well, it look's VERY MUCH like it is a 'stock' intake!!

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

yes im hoping that the throttle response will be much better, my buddy told me to start looking for different throttle bodys that are larger but still use basically the same sensor so he can cut off the neck of my plenum and make a new neck for it to let alot more air into it.

matthew

Have Darel Morse bore out your stock TB and the end of the plenum. Also have him hone out your middle and lower intake manifolds.

West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post
decklid gonna close?
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by West Coast Fiero:

decklid gonna close?

well eric, Orief(forum member) said we had 2.75" so its 2.7t", i told the machinest to do 2.5" but it came out 2.75 anyway. its going to be a tight fight but it should shoehorn in there.

matthew

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

well eric, Orief(forum member) said we had 2.75" so its 2.7t", i told the machinest to do 2.5" but it came out 2.75 anyway. its going to be a tight fight but it should shoehorn in there.

matthew

Well I said it's 2.75" to the bottom of the decklid, If that is 2.75" you may have a problem with it hitting the decklid as the engine/trans flex during accel/decel. If you have a poly dogbone it would keep the movement down. Or if you have a problem, a Mustang scoop will give you the clearence.
The large riser will give you volume, but you'll still have the same flow.

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
WOW ... that looks COOL Matt !

------------------

www.cfogi.org

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

Have Darel Morse bore out your stock TB and the end of the plenum. Also have him hone out your middle and lower intake manifolds.

There was a guy at the 20th that had a similar setup, and offered bored intake and throttle body. Is that the same guy? I've been wanting something like that to help my 3.4 breath better.

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
the guy at the 20th was from heartland fiero's they have a website somewhere with a club store that list's that stuff, Ive got a poly dogbone and a poly engine mount, i had totally forgot about the engine movement, if it hits at ALL when its installed, ill remove it and have 3/16's shaved off, the machine said this would not be a problem, but ill loose the fiero engraving. (not a big deal to me) or i may just take a grinder and take it off as it would take a week or so to get it done from the machinist. He done an excellent job with it though, ive got a darrel morse bored throttle body already, and the machinist also drilled out the opening of the plenum neck, i still feel that the throttle body isnt the weak point of the plenum i feel that its the part right after it goes past the EGR tube mount, its real narrow right there and i dont feel it has enough room to flow.

matthew

yashmack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yashmackClick Here to visit yashmack's HomePageSend a Private Message to yashmackDirect Link to This Post
could solve the problem by installing a plexi window like Skitime

hope it all works out for yah.

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
it fit under the hood and the decklid closed without it rubbing, I have a poly engine mount and dog-bone, im hoping it will be ok.

i havent bolted it down yet, so i still have to hook everything up, im hoping for a test run tomorrow.

matthew

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post

it fit under the hood and the decklid closed without it rubbing, I have a poly engine mount and dog-bone, im hoping it will be ok.

i havent bolted it down yet, so i still have to hook everything up, im hoping for a test run tomorrow.

matthew

We have clearance, Clarence.

MRJ

Feedback score:    (36)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJDirect Link to This Post
I know where you live! You better watch out! You better not cry! You better not pout! Well you know the rest right?

ha
ha
haa

[This message has been edited by MRJ (edited 12-31-2003).]

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2004 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
well i got it installed today along with new 19# injectors to replace the old 200k mile 19# injectors, and i installed a new egr tube, and stainless brake hoses.

the throttle response was alittle bit better, not hugely improved but was noticeable.

it actually did help increase the upper end by about 200-300RPM i have a morse bored throttle body and the new intake was bored out also, but when it was off i noticed that the throttle body gasket wasnt port matched and had 2-3 MM of overlap, so i trimmed it up and it might be what made the improvement, either way im happy, atleast when i goto the fiero shows people will notice something alittle different under the hood.

matthew

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2004 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroDirect Link to This Post
Screw this seat of the pants crap. How about some real dyno numbers???????

JM

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2004 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradbitz11:

We have clearance, Clarence.

What's our vector Victor?

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2004 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
Victor our vector is unknown. Roger, Rodger?
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock