Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Rally Through the Valley scouting run today Warning, Lots o' pics!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Rally Through the Valley scouting run today Warning, Lots o' pics! by stimpy
Started on: 12-20-2003 09:37 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: stimpy on 01-05-2004 12:50 AM
stimpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post12-20-2003 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

The wife and I headed out to San Juan Bautista for lunch and a little Christmas shopping.
Since we were there and had some time to kill, we decided to take a spin down Highway 25.
We left about 2:40 from SJB.

Once we got on 25, there was a little bit of traffic, but within a couple of miles it opened up.

Forgive the quality of the pictures, it was overcast today, plus we were cookin it a little bit...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2003 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Wow.. 100mph at 4k, not too bad. My 4spd reaches 70 at about 3300, is 700 rpm = to 30 mph with a 4spd?

(I only have an 85 speedo)

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-20-2003 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Since the roads were still a bit moist in places, I kept it fairly moderate in the twisties, reserving an occaisional wide open throttle moment for the straights.

What was so impressive was the incredible quality of the road. In the 70+ miles we were on 25, we didn't hit a single pothole or rough piece. We didn't come on any slower traffic in out direction, and no more then 10 vehicles passed the other way.

We stopped off at Pinnacles State Park and took some shots.

Check out my cool new Pontiac arrowhead emblem!)

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 12-20-2003).]

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-20-2003 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

stimpy

8197 posts
Member since Jan 2000
Every now and then, you could come around a corner that would take your breath away.

Soon it was getting dark, and we headed home,

Just as the cows were coming home.

(Look at that chiseled profile. What a stud.)

Anyhow, we also got pictures of the hotel and some other attractions that I will be sending on to Songman so we can get a website put together. Next time we head out, we'll get leg 2, Carmel Valley Road.

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2003 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
I love the way your Red Fiero stands out as if you were in a black and white photo. Great shots!!!

------------------

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-20-2003 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Wow.. 100mph at 4k, not too bad. My 4spd reaches 70 at about 3300, is 700 rpm = to 30 mph with a 4spd?

(I only have an 85 speedo)

I'm about 2100rpm at 70 mph. The beauty of a supercharged 3800 with a 4 speed automatic.

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2003 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics, just missing the snow.

Pete

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-20-2003 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Did I mention it was 62 degrees today? That's 16 for you celsius folks.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2003 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Nice car! Looks like a fun road to drive it on.
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2003 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
Great Pics Stimpy. I should have my SSEi-GT finished ( Crosses Fingers ) for the run & I am def. in on that one there.

Side note: You ever get that heat issue w/ the OBD II PCM cured? I know the last time that I talked to you there might have been some trans issues caused by it and was wondering how it all panned out.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2003 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Oooo looks like fun! Too bad I don't plan to do the V8 swap until the summer. Oh well, the 2.8 still gets up and goes, just not like that 3800SC.
PFF
System Bot
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2003 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Very nice pics! Car looks great. It sounds like you had a great time! Wish it was 62 here! Thanks for sharing!
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-21-2003 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
bump

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 12-21-2003).]

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2003 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Wow, cant wait for this one..Thanks for the pics stimpy..

Is May 1st a definate date for this run?? Just wondering so we can make reservations

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-21-2003 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Yes, May 1 is solid. Make your reservations at the San Juan Inn. (831) 623-4380

It's not the Four Seasons, but the rooms are large and clean.

Each room has microwave, minifridge and coffeemaker. Our rate is $79 per night.

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 12-21-2003).]

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-03-2004 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
It was a beautiful morning, so we went on another familiarization run. Look who we got to play with!

Ferarri F355! The guy kept abrisk pace, but he let me stay within sight. This car was awesome!

Guy was cool, he waited up for me at the end of the road and gave me a wave as we went seperate directions.

I got to say folks, when this comes up, make sure that your brakes and tires are up to snuff, there are several "high pucker factor" point along this road. It's crazy!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Hey stimpy next time you go to check things out let me know, Id love to tag along
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Yes indeedy, I need to go for a ride down there one of these weekends when I'm not doing anything. Looks like lots of fun! And if someone took thier $250k Ferrari out there, it must be good run!
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
It sure was a beautiful day for it. I passed a guy out for a ride in his Shelby Cobra replica today. GORGEOUS!
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

i know that most of our cars needles are a little faded now days, but yours look exceptionally orange, has anything ever been done to them ? or is the color from the camera just a little off?

looks like alot of fun, I sure wish we had roads like that arround here to go play on , damn. its 11* outside now lucky bastard!!

------------------

Rich AIM: ONE FAST 2M8

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2004 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Probably just the flash. Never really noticed anything unusual about it.

I also got my subwoofer installed today. Yay! It's nice being able to work on the car outside in January...

PFF
System Bot
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

Probably just the flash. Never really noticed anything unusual about it.

I also got my subwoofer installed today. Yay! It's nice being able to work on the car outside in January...

do they look that color to you in person? expecially the temp/fuel needels, i like them, they really look red, i think i might have to paint mine red Hmmmm i think thats my next mod tomorrow !

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2004 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Took the Carmel Valley Road leg of the route today. Here's pics.

Very scenic, kind of a chill down compared to the wild and wooly Highway 25. The road narrows down to 1 wide lane in a couple of places, so it's not really good for high speeds. In fact, the speed limit signs on the turns are just that- limits. Not suggestions. But it is fun to drive...

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 01-05-2004).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock