Started on: 12-11-2003 12:51 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: jscott1 on 12-11-2003 01:12 PM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
So as not to completely hijack LilDevils's thread. Let's start a Firebird Interior FAQ thread:

Originally posted by Slater_334:

did you make your own filler piece for going between the dash and the glass? i rember on jscott1's thread he said he made his own.

This is Wholf's interior and a look at his dash filler piece.

I didn't completely build mine from scratch. I started with the stock Firebird piece then heavily modified it. I am still not complete, but the modified piece will accomodate an in-dash DVD and the stock Fiero defroster, oh yeah and I almost for got HUD. I had the dash out earlier this year to work on it.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
naskie18

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
Do you have the passenger airbag setup still in there, or do you just use the space for storage?

I keeping having to look at all these nice interiors you guys are doing....then go get in my Fiero....STOP POSTING, you're making me want to spend money!!

What'd you use to paint it for the silver accents you put on it?

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Hey Nick, Go buy yourself a nice Christmas present from the local junkyard.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Hey Nick, the area where the passenger airbag would be is just empty right now. I haven't decided how to use that space yet.

My filler panel is just in gray primer in this shot. I am still reshaping it to some extent. I was regluing the foam underneath that's why you see all the masking tape. The bezels are actually painted with a chrome paint and clear coat, despite the similar appearance to the filler panel it's a completely different paint.

naskie18

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Hey Nick, Go buy yourself a nice Christmas present from the local junkyard.

I would...except that I'm looking at a 20K truck as a nice Christmas present so that the Fiero doesn't have to try and survive another of our wonderful winters....

Jonathon, is it just a spray on acrylic paint, or is it something special for interiors? (The bezels and guage surrounds)

Nick

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2003 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I use both interior paint and regular acrylic. The chrome is regular acrylic and I find it works a little better than the interior. I also have started using adhesion promoter which is real sticky primer and works great. And clear coat over the top helps as well.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock