Event logo contest by CFOG-International
Started on: 11-18-2003 11:03 AM
Replies: 32
Last post by: Cheever3000 on 12-05-2003 12:55 PM
CFOG-International

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CFOG-InternationalClick Here to visit CFOG-International's HomePageSend a Private Message to CFOG-InternationalDirect Link to This Post
For the Wheatstock event (see https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/035703.html ), we're currently using a logo which was quickly thrown together. But a logo contest is underway, and the winner will get free registration to the event. See... http://www.cfogi.org/wheatstocklogocontest.htm

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
How many colors do we have to work with?
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Size does matter!

The logo needs to stay in the 60K range. There are still many 56k'ers out there, and I happen to be one of them. No DSL, or cable in my area. Yes I have DTV, but it goes out to often with the Texas weather.

Please limit to 60kish. Chuck is recieving them first since he is on high speed internet. He will check the size, then forward them to me.

Loyde
WebMaster CFOGi

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

How many colors do we have to work with?

Whatever you need. If we decide to use the image, but have problems or limitations, we'll work it out with the designer.

Edit: Yeah, what Loyde said, regarding sending the image in email to us, and getting it on the website. I was thinking in terms of t-shirts and printed material.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 11-18-2003).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Whatever you need. If we decide to use the image, but have problems or limitations, we'll work it out with the designer.
[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 11-18-2003).]

I'd give you camera ready (or really close to it) artwork.

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
What if we're not in the area to attend the event... then what would the designer get?
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

What if we're not in the area to attend the event... then what would the designer get?

I'll have to ask the committee. Maybe a t-shirt, dash plaque, goody bag and button. We may decide to cross that bridge when (if) we come to it. But a really cool logo would be very nice, so I'm sure we'd do something for ya.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
OK, Chuck, I've changed the concept a bit. I'd clean it up and tweak it before printing.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 12-05-2003).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Very nice! Submit as many entries as you want, and we'll let the Board make the final decision after December 5.

Edit: correction... the CFOGi members will vote for the winning logo, not just the BOD.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 12-04-2003).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
OK, I'll clean it up and submit it.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Here's a rough idea I had using Van goh's(sp) Wheatfield painting.

Edit: for spelling Topeka wrong

Dan

------------------

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 11-18-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
sqoach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Cool idea! I'll see what I can come up with.

------------------

Primer is my favorite color...

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
Any limit pixel wise, or just the 60K file size limit?

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:

Any limit pixel wise,

No, I don't think so. Thanks for asking.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I don't like to bump much, but this was on Page 3, and I thought somebody maybe hasn't seen it yet.

After this, I'll point to it from Club Announcements and bump *that* thread. Does that sound fair?

Thanks.

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
So what if you don't live in the county and win?

------------------

wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll give it a try

come on Aus, you can make it

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
I'll have a go at it too.

I would recommend that you email them a 60k or less PREVIEW image. Design it larger and give the T-Shirt or print people something to work with.

300dpi or vector art is what I'd prefer if I were to work with the image.

Just a recommendation, as a print/T-shirt guy

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I'll bump this up, since there are only a few days left. Six entries have been received so far.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Eight entries have been submitted. Just a few days before you lose your chance to have your creation immortalized as the Wheatstock logo! It will be on webpages, t-shirts, buttons, dash plaques, brochures, and on the letterhead of papers & envelopes which the event committee uses for correspondence with corporations, vendors, clubs and media.

This is a big deal.

A couple of people who told me they will work on some ideas have yet to send me anything. Time's running out!

sqoach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Just sent you one. I forgot about it and decided to work on something tonight. Not the greatest, but I gave it a shot. The ones already submitted look really good.
PFF
System Bot
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
Haven't had time...been under a pile of calendars.
sqoach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
*bump*

10 entries now. BTW, that 10th one looks really cool. I like how the pegasus wings extend out to look like wheat.

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:

*bump*

10 entries now. BTW, that 10th one looks really cool. I like how the pegasus wings extend out to look like wheat.

thanks, i did it in black and white so color could be added as needed (professional logo design rule)
and for those of you wondering i did it during a video render... so no time lost

------------------

Deezlfitr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeezlfitrSend a Private Message to DeezlfitrDirect Link to This Post
I designed #5&6... and # 10 gets my vote! XLNT!! Well done!

------------------
Deezlfitr
"Life is just a bowl of cherries... ya just gotta watch out for the pits!"

1986 GT/Auto (my first)

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianDirect Link to This Post
this is my latest rendition i just fired off to chuck.... hopefully someone will finally make a black tshirt if this is picked. I'm getting tired of white...

------------------

[This message has been edited by sastian (edited 12-05-2003).]

sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianDirect Link to This Post

sastian

555 posts
Member since Mar 2001
does the entry deadline happen at midnight on the 4th or 5th?

------------------

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
sastian-
Those look awesome! Good job.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
The deadline is midnight on the night of the 5th (tonight).

My email stopped working (see O/T). Edit: it's working now.

I used black t-shirts for the first Ruckus. Screenprinting costs more on black, because some screenings have to be repeated.

Edit again: we're hoping to have tie-dye'd t-shirts this year, in keeping with the hippy scene, er, theme.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 12-05-2003).]

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
For those submitting today Friday 12-05-03

You can submit directly to me Loyde@FastFieros.com and I will post them Sunday late. I will out of town all weekend.

Loyde http://www.cfogi.org
WebMaster

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
My email is back again. Sorry.
[/panic]
PFF
System Bot
sastian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sastianClick Here to visit sastian's HomePageSend a Private Message to sastianDirect Link to This Post
i understand where your coming from but i dont imagine that with the screenpring and the tie-dye that the shirts would cost less or be eaier to read for that matter. Im going to try to mock up some shirts in photoshop as well as make a call or two about the best ways of screenprinting on tie-dye.

I would assume that if you screenprinted a tie dye shirt it would be white as well, as black would be very difficult to make out.

my vote stands for white on black..
but im just picky that way

------------------

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
We have found several places on the Net that have tie-dye t-shirts with a round blank area where a logo goes. Plus, there are light-colored tie-dye's and dark ones.

But we're still looking around to see what's available. No decisions have been made yet.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock