Started on: 11-13-2003 09:56 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: LZeitgeist on 11-17-2003 01:02 AM
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2003 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I was able to pick up 3 Fiero bags tonight. Two are the carry on type and one is a fold over case for suits. They are like the ones in the 1984 dealer book and was stated as available from your dealer.
Does anyone know what diffrent bags were offered and was it available in 1984 only?
Mine are the same colors as the dealer book but the Fiero emblem is black leather with a gray detail. Not black and gold as pictured.
I know I have the 1984 bags as one of my fellow club member has a bag like my small one, he bought it with his car in the fall of 1983. I also got these for an owner of a Pontiac dealer.
this could be listed in the rare options thread that was started.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2003 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Whoa! Where did you FIND those???

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2003 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
LZeitgeist has a mint set of Fiero luggage.

That's his car with the luggage in display at the FOCOA Nationals in Williamsburg VA, 2001. He got a trophy from that show, too. (I got a rock. )

I've never seen the garment bag. Please post a pic if you can.

If LZ sees this thread, hopefully he'll post some detailed pics of the luggage. That was the only picture I could find on short notice.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2003 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I will post pictures Friday. I just got home and it is late. I see in the picture he has the same 2 smaller bags but is missing the garmet bag. I would like to know more about these. I saw some bags in the early 90's in Pontiac at the FOCA show and about a month ago when my fellow club member brought the one bag he bought in 84.
The bags all look to have the same colors and tags on them. They must be rare since I have seen so few and I have been at this since the first year of the car.
I found mine when the guy in my club brought his 12,000 mile 1984 to our meeting he had his bag in the trunk. The owner of the dealer was looking and said his parents has those bags. He brought them to the meeting tonight and I bought the 3 bags. He said the missing bag was lost on a trip according to his father who had owned the dealer in 1984.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2003 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I actually have two of the small, flat, rectangular bags, one cylindrical duffle bag and one full-sized softside suitcase-sized bag.

The only fold-over garment bags I've seen are solid black - I'd love to find a matching burgundy/grey one for myself to complete the set.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com -- 1988 Red Fiero Formula
- 1st Place - Stock Coupe - FOCOSEVA 2000
- 3rd Place - Stock Formula - FOCOA Nat'l 2001
- Class Winner - 1982 to Present - Tarheel Tigers All-Pontiac Show 2001
- Class Winner - Fiero: All Years - Tarheel Tigers All-Pontiac Show 2002
- Class Winner - Fiero: All Years - Tarheel Tigers All-Pontiac Show 2003
(working on an Automoda convertible conversion...)

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2003 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Here is what I just picked up Thursday.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2003 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Oh, EVIL! You have the matching garment bag! LZ simply MUST have it!

Actually, that's the first time I've ever seen the garment bag. Good find. If you decide to get rid of them, let me know.

------------------

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2003 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Wholly Crap! I want some of that!

------------------
I HAD a signature!

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2003 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
No sale at this time, it has taken too long to find what I have.
This is the only garmet bag I have ever seen.
The guy in my club who bought the small bags said he passed on the garmet bag in 1983 because they were too expensive. I think he said they were around $75 new.
So because of the price I would guess it was the least sold. But I am sure there are more in an attic somewhere like these were.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 11-15-2003).]

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2003 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
they are a nice quality too. They are not some cheap thing. Congrat Scott on that lugage. Im jelous

Guess Pontiac really didnt spair no expence on the Fiero. GM/Chevy were the ones hold them back.

------------------

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Awesome catch...

------------------

PFF
System Bot
FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys maybe I can shed some light on the luggage, but I don't know if you want to hear it. Remember all I'm telling you is the facts that I seen in person (so please let me tell you and not start a flame debate)
OK with that said, let me tell you, both you guys MIGHT and I stress MIGHT have reproductions, you see there was a guy in WI who used to sell lots of stuff and made reproductions of lots of stuff including the luggage, If you look at the article for buying the luggage they had what looks like sew on patches, then I saw luggage that had the leather crest just like the seats patch on the 86-87 se or gt. This was in Indy at FOCOA event in early 90's, now the guy who was making repro's had silk screen fiero crests on the leather. As for the garmet bag I have seen one of those as well, it was made of windbreaker material and it was silver with a big black fiero crest silk screened on it. This I saw in Pontiac, MI at at another FOCOA event I think in 94 at the Pontiac Administration building. Now I'm not saying your guys stuff is repros, and I think the only way you can check is to look at the ad find out who the luggage company was, then look inside your stuff and see if it's made by the same company. Because the only thing the guy did was try to get the same color as the orginals luggage not the same brand to make the repro's. I hope this kinda sheds some light on what I know. John
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Well to put this to rest quickly and not let it get blown out of proprotion like other threads have. Here are the fact on what I know and have seen on the bags I have.

1. The person I bought these from was the owner of a Pontiac Dealer and his son still owns it. He was given the bags by "Pontiac" in 1983/84 and they came from no other source but Pontiac.

2. A member in my club has 2 bags he bought with his 1984 Fiero he ordered in 1983. [he has one of the first cars with only 12,000 miles] His bags are the same and he was there when I bought these, he also confirmed the garmet bag is what was offered when he bought his car. He did not buy the garmet bag due to the cost he remembered as around $75-80 dollars

3. I saw an authentic set in the 1990's also and they are the same as we are dealing with here. They were a confirmed set of authentic luggage the same as we are dealing with here.

4. There was a black nylon bag with a patch made at one point, I don't know it it was a diffrent style offered or a prototype. I have only seen it in an early Pontiac photo's of a preproduction car. So I don't know if the black one ever made production or if it was offered limited to the public.

5. These were not cheaply made bags for what it's worth. They have steel zippers with leather handles. They are also made of a high grade material.

6. The patches in the sales book mean nothing since those pictures were probably done in early 1983 with preproduction cars. Keep in mind that the owners book that show a engine shield that never made production too. Small changes are not uncommon on vendor supplied items like these. Silk screening was very common in the 80's let alone cheaper. Most of Pontiac's hats were screened Like my Factory Fiero hat and Pontiac Motorsports hats.
I know of no one having seen or owning a set with patches to this point.

I know other bags have been offered over the years and even have some of the catalogs that offered them yet [somewhere]. I don't claim to be an expert on these bags and would like to learn more about them. I just was lucky enough to be able to buy these from an original owner who was and still is a Pontiac dealer yet and also know someone was also is an original dealer purchased owner of the same bags.
No flames infered here! I just wanted to set the facts I have to this point to prevent incorrect speculation by some. By the way the son of the Dealer owner said he knows Pontiac gave them to his father because he would have never bought them.
Anyway I feel I have the real thing to with in 99.9%, sorry I never say 100% when it comes to Fiero's. You alway run upon somthing odd once and a while.

I am not upset so please don't take any of this wrong. I just get on a roll some times.

I just do want anyone making somthing out of this unless they have poof other wise. Too much of the Fiero history is so distorted now only a accurate book could set it right. Suspention by Lotus? Do I need to say more?

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 11-16-2003).]

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

Hey guys maybe I can shed some light on the luggage,

I think you need to provide concrete, factual evidence of this far deeper that a simple unsubstantiated claim of "I saw some guy at some show" - unless you have hard evidence like comparison/contrast photographs or others who can corroborate what you claim to have seen, I take great offense at the aspersions being cast in this thread and the seeming attempt to devalue/discredit our investments.

Either provide more concrete evidence or kindly remove your claims.

------------------

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
LZeitgeist, Don't get to upset, you know what you have and I know it's legit. I have been digging into some Fiero history , I will try to get more info on these from them if possable and share it with you [it could take some time]. A least I know where mine came from as stated earlier and had them confirmed by someone who bought the same bags new in 1983, so I feel very secure in their authenticity. Besides how much of a market is there for booleg Fiero bags? when few people knew what they looked like much less knew they were even offered.
By the way last month I saw and held the bag purchased in 1983 and it was identical to ours, case closed as far as I am concerned!

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 11-17-2003).]

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I have no doubt whatsoever that my set is OEM - however, when false claims are made against legitimate investments, if they are allowed to go unchallenged, then word gets around and doubts are cast far and wide.

I want to see hard facts to back up the assertations of falsity, or I want to see the comments removed. The few of us who have been fortunate enough to be able invest in these rare pieces don't deserve to have to put up with false claims being made that devalue and discredit what we have invested in.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock