Started on: 10-15-2003 11:24 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: LoW_KeY on 10-17-2003 06:48 PM
Racingman24

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Well, I'm upset that GM doesn't make taillight lenses anymore, And I needed a good set to do the light up PONTIAC logo on after I melted my other ones. So, I got a spare set from Shawn, and I finally decided to do something with them. HOWEVER the outter lenses were not in very good condition. So I decided to clean them up a little. What follows are completley UNTOUCHED pics of the before and after pics of the lenses. Let me know what you think.

If there is enough interest in these, I might start cleaning anyones.

Again, let me know what you think.

Eric

EDIT: Cause I'm an idiot and can't post pics

------------------
88 Coupe, Duke I4, 5 Speed

[This message has been edited by Racingman24 (edited 10-15-2003).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rims05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rims05Send a Private Message to rims05Direct Link to This Post
the pics didn't show up
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2003 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Looks really good! How'd you do it? Wouldnt mind doing that to mine this winter myself.

------------------
James Essar
88 Coupe 3.2L V6 With NX Nitrous

60* V6 Power! Bring it V8's
SAVE THE SHAUN

StansGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StansGTSend a Private Message to StansGTDirect Link to This Post
Yah, yah, tell us how you did it???
L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2003 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post
Nice toolbox!

------------------
87 Fiero GT with a few mods

blew another 2.8....looking for a 2.8 long block.

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L44_87GT:

Nice toolbox!

LOL...that was my first thought as well!

How ya do that there, I have a set of GT tail lights that would LOVE to know how that was done!

87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
What did you do? What cleaner did you use?

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
meguiars makes a plastic polish. it works very well.

------------------

My 85 Fiero GT

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i have done many myself, and i find great success using 3M plastic cleaner followed by 3M plastic polish, i use the cleaner a few times with the buffer, and a few times with the polish inside and out, inside is hard to do with the buffer, but i must say they turn out good as new

------------------
Rich AIM one fast 2m8
WTB: 3.32 OR 3.65 4 speed tranny
'92 325i-- X-brace, eibach pro-kit, bilstein sport, S.T. brace, borla cat back,
'86 Fiero 2M8 ,350 bored .030 over,World Products s/r Torquers-ported, Manley valves, Weiand X-CELerator, edelbrock 750cfm.carb hypereutectic pistons, 1.5 rollers,lumpy cam, sanderson cc90's,2-1/4" exhaust4:10 tranny, Spec stage 3copper puck clutch, adj.Koni's, Eibach's,polly, tons more...
'86 Fiero 2m6, 2 inch drop, KYB's, coil overs, ocelot exhaust, No cat.

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L44_87GT:

Nice toolbox!

*cough* worksformercedesbenz *cough*

Really though, they turned out great! When I did my GT taillights, I cleaned & polished them using 3M's "clear plastic polish" works wonders on taillights and GT quarter windows!

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2003 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I have a pair of GT taillights that looked as though someone spilled something on them, and it ate into them. I got some 800 grit, 1000 grit, and 2000 grit wet and dry sandpaper. I started sanding along the length of the taillight, using the coarsest paper first for about 10 minutes, and then moving up to the finer grits, sanding for about the same amount of time with each. Keep the sandpaper and the taillight wet. When I finally got done, the taillights were smooth, but very cloudy looking. I took the Meguiar's two step plastic polishing and cleaning stuff, and hit it for a little bit with each. The lens looks like glass now...and all the etching is gone.
PFF
System Bot
Boricuasoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyDirect Link to This Post
anyone knows how to clean fibreglass resin of off the lens on the tail light?

------------------
mod it until is perfect.

http://members.cardomain.com/boricuaso

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
Very nice job !!
Yes, we are interested in how you did them. We like to share here on PFF !
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2003 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
looks awesome, wish I had a buffer wheel so I could get mine like I had them before.

Someone decided to bust one of mine

I used 1000 grit wet sanded, rubbing compound, toothpaste for that fresh minty smell then white rouge and a buffer wheel. Sure there are various ways to do them

------------------
88 5spd 3800 Series II SC Formula Yes it whines... do you?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock