Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Red Deer, Alberta Fiero Run!!! (PICS INSIDE) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Red Deer, Alberta Fiero Run!!! (PICS INSIDE) by FLASHY
Started on: 05-25-2003 10:06 PM
Replies: 56
Last post by: SplineZ on 05-29-2003 07:49 PM
FLASHY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Well I must say I had a great time today. Fieros from Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Red Deer, and the surrounding area joined up in Red Deer, Alberta for a good ol' hang out at TR Transmissions Shop. Not only were there millions of Fieros there (ok a bit of an exaggeration), but we also had a BBQ and prizes. After that, many of us met up at Moxies Restaurant for a drink or two before splitting up to go home. Thanks to everyone who helped organize and run the event.

OK, now for the pictures...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

1079 posts
Member since Feb 2001

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

1079 posts
Member since Feb 2001

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

1079 posts
Member since Feb 2001

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

1079 posts
Member since Feb 2001

------------------

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Nice pictures, Looks like a good time!!!

------------------

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
It was a great day,my wife and I had alot of fun. Thanks for the great pics Flashy, nice meeting you.

Thats an especially nice looking yellow fiero you had behind you there!

See you next time

Flashy, you have a pm
------------------

87GT 4.9 in progress!

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 05-25-2003).]

85GTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTPSend a Private Message to 85GTPDirect Link to This Post
Man that looked like a great time. So how many cars showed up? Where we able to beat Edmonton this year? I wish I could of made it but I just took the car out of the garage from its winter slumber on Saturday. Unfortunately it's just getting out for a good thorough cleaning and then the for sale sign is going up. Hopefully it will end up in a owners hands who will drive it more. <sniff, sniff>
cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Direct Link to This Post
I would like to get in touch with the owner of the red Fiero with the aftermarket nose on it. Thanks.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85GTP:

Man that looked like a great time. So how many cars showed up? Where we able to beat Edmonton this year?

Cars:
3 Lethbridge (one had to turn back)
4 Calgary
5 Red Deer
12 Edmonton

One thing though... I think Troy's going to have to start selling tickets for rides in his car!!

If you haven't seen it, look here http://www.calgaryfieros.com/2002events.htm

------------------

1987 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-25-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cire36:

I would like to get in touch with the owner of the red Fiero with the aftermarket nose on it. Thanks.

Not sure if I like it or not but I want to see ALOT more pix of it!

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FLASHY:

dasher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dasherSend a Private Message to dasherDirect Link to This Post
flashy
cool pics thanks for such a fun time in the deer
we have to do it more often it was nice to meet all of you that came

------------------

jubjub2m6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
User Banned

Report this Post05-25-2003 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jubjub2m6Click Here to visit jubjub2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to jubjub2m6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by My7Fieros:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FLASHY:

[/QUOTE]

ugh ya im thinking the same thing as you did..... first thing came to mind was...poor indy....

------------------

86SE Gold & Primer Pink
zr-2 hoodscoop
rear coil overs
6"wingstands..&more
JUGGALO!!!!

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2003 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
I will throw in a few others...

...here is another of the nose, he had a little mishap with ground clearance, hence the tape holding it on (it's a modified MR2 nose).

...and one last one of a Northstar (with turbo) install in progress...

BTW >> the Indy is in the process of being returned to 'normal'.

Tim

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 05-26-2003).]

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

This is what all the red light's in Pontiac in July... Look's like ya'll had a good turnout.

Smooth!!

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

Brandon86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon86SESend a Private Message to Brandon86SEDirect Link to This Post
Hey, looks like a good time. Wish I coulda made it, but I'm stuck working every Sunday now.

Brandon

------------------

Elenor84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Elenor84Click Here to visit Elenor84's HomePageSend a Private Message to Elenor84Direct Link to This Post
Wait a minute....tim, who's doing a northstar install? And I appologize for not being there. One of my close friends left town this morning so I had to see him off.
Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey bad news check my red deer run disaster thread. Oh and I don't have any way to but can someone post a pic of my tattoo if they have one thank you. Me and Viv had a great time.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Man I am so bummed that I couldn't make it. Next time though for sure!

Looks like it was a great turn out.
Sorry I missed out on all the fun.

Nolan

PFF
System Bot
RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post
Damn, looks like i missed another good one!

The RiceCooker's gettin a new clutch put in as we speak. I don't think it would've been quite the same if i came along in my rustbucket chevy sprint.....

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
RiceCooker: You could have put a sticker on the back of your sprint saying "Turb..." I mean "Fiero" (inside joke)

------------------

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

1079 posts
Member since Feb 2001
Here's a group shot from the run...

RRobinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RRobinsonSend a Private Message to RRobinsonDirect Link to This Post
Looks fun. Too bad I'm down in Chicago this weekend. And to make it worse, I'm in Calgary next weekend so I will also miss the Dells. D'oh! Nice timing!

------------------
88 GT Red 5-Speed...5K
88 GT Red Auto...40K
87 GT Blue 5-Speed...17K
87 GT Black 5-Speed...55K
86 GT Red 5-Speed...42K
85 GT Black Auto...63K
84 Indy 5-Speed(yes 5)...75K
02 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition #2215

Wanted: Low mileage/all original Canadian 88 GTs/Formulas/84 Indys

Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you guys had a great time!
definatly sorry i missed it, along with all the other meetings so far this year...

If things work out ill probably make a meeting in june

------------------

3.4L 87GT

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post05-26-2003 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jubjub2m6:

ugh ya im thinking the same thing as you did..... first thing came to mind was...poor indy....

First things first...

It was fantastic to meet everyone this weekend and it was great seeing 25+ fieros in one place. Thanks again to Troy for hosting the event.

Now onto my response...

Poor Indy? It doesnt mind blowing the doors off of 97.5% of the cars on the road.

Here is the story:

I found this car 7 years ago in Prince Albert, Sask painted red even the original rims were painted grey. i drove the car for a year untill the 2.5L blew up. spent the next 2 years restoring it to original. had everything done except the motor, rear brakes and interior. another 2 years pass and i couldnt find the time nor the resources to finish her off. one day i found a note under my windshield wiper and it was an invitation to trade my indy for a 1973 javalin bracket racer. so i traded him straight across for it. sold the javelin to a guy in wisconsin the next year and didnt see the indy untill 2 years later where it was lowered, motor was a 3.4L and other mods. not my car anymore so hey whatever... the next year i pick up a 1973 camaro and built a 454 for it and fixed it up. well the indy was traded locally to another guy for a 1997 impala. i eventually hooked up with the new owner of the indy and offered to trade my camaro for my indy back.

so 3 months ago...after 4 years i got my car back.

the car has been modified and i have every intention of returning it back to the condition I had it in. everything that was done to the car is reversable. Ideally I would like to transplant the engine, susp, wheels etc to a 86-87gt.

But until then she is my car and I like it just the way it is. When you have an Indy you can do whatever the #$%& you want with it but intill then... wanna race?

------------------
Email: adriantalliss@email.com
1984 Indy Fiero 4spd 3.4L
-Est 230hp @ 5000rpm / 220 tq @4500rpm, centerforce II clutch, 390cfm 4bbl holley, crane h272 cam, Edelbrock Torker II intake, 9 to 1 comp, minor head porting, true 2" mandrel dual Supertrapp exhaust, factory 4.10 4 spd, 17x7 white konigs w/ 205/40r17 yokohamas Avid h4s, all interior leather changed to white, custom built adj aluminum rear wing, aftermarket gauges, corvette MBC upgrade, Held coilover kit, 2 inch drop front and back.

[This message has been edited by donk316 (edited 05-26-2003).]

Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowDirect Link to This Post
Please take that ugly wing off.
It looks like it is on backwards, anyway...

Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
Man! Nice pics guys! I REALLY wish I could have been there. It looks like a decent turnout (even though the Calgary number was kind of low).

I'll be there next time with my car all painted and done.

BTW, that's a very nice yellow on the one Fiero. Anybody know what kind of yellow that was??

------------------

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Voytek:

BTW, that's a very nice yellow on the one Fiero. Anybody know what kind of yellow that was??

I wanted to know the same thing but never got around to asking the guy. Dang!

------------------

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Lay off the Indy fellas. It really looks good in person. The wing even seems to suit the car.

Should be congratulating him for returning an Indy to its original condition. Also, the new white konigs really suit it as well.

Nice Indy!

------------------

87GT 4.9 in progress!

PFF
System Bot
Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
I like the indy as well and Donk 316's opinions on cars. It's yourr car make it your car(in noway am I flaming stockers there was a stock 85 se there that was awsome).

Voytek- if it's the yellow FB with the corvette lights. I talked to him and his story goes. "went to the bodyshop told them to make it yellow, then picked it up". He has no idea what color it is.

dasher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dasherSend a Private Message to dasherDirect Link to This Post
onred sorry to hear about what happened i take it your front end is crushed past repair
and i as well really liked the indy the spoiler was cool too

------------------

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post05-26-2003 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the positive remarks guys you all recieved a positive rating.

FLASHY- i loved your ferrari script and the fender badges. i would like to get a set in red if i could. oh and you wouldnt wanna trade rubber now would ya? hahaha. your rim and rubber package looks sweet.

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
oh wow... I am so dissapointed that I couldn't make it. Those are some nice cars, it would have been awesome to meet all of you.

------------------

87 GT w/T-Tops
If you like what I am contributing, please vote.

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 05-26-2003).]

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed
16 years old and already selling my stuff to pay for repairs to my Fiero...which i sold my stuff to buy in the first place

GT-maniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2003 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-maniacSend a Private Message to GT-maniacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elenor84:

Wait a minute....tim, who's doing a northstar install? And I appologize for not being there. One of my close friends left town this morning so I had to see him off.

Yeah as soon as I saw that motor I thought of you. You'd have been drooling over it. 4.9 with a turbo, and at least a 2 1/2 inch exhaust. Is it ever a tight fit. If you want to check it out you should head down to their shop in Red Deer. Twin v8 fastbacks one with the northstar and the other with the 383. Plus the guy in whitecourt ( crzyone ) is putting a northstar into his in a shop in Redwater. I had a great time meeting everybody though I think in hindsight a little spf might have been in order.

------------------

85 WS6 GT partly modified
87 GT Loaded resto project

Member Edmonton Fiero Owners Group

[This message has been edited by GT-maniac (edited 05-26-2003).]

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2003 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donk316:

FLASHY- i loved your ferrari script and the fender badges. i would like to get a set in red if i could. oh and you wouldnt wanna trade rubber now would ya? hahaha. your rim and rubber package looks sweet.

Thanks for the compliment. Are you wanting the fender badge in red or the ferrari script in red? Or both? The only problem at the moment is that the guys who produced them lost my image file so they need me to get a new file to them...the worst part is I have no idea where that file is. I made it a while ago and it's saved to a CD somewhere among my hundreds of CD's. But it is do-able a bit later down the road if you can wait.

------------------

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2003 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
oops

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-27-2003).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2003 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

fierosound

15141 posts
Member since Nov 1999

Actually, the INDY looks really good now that Adrian's "cleaned it up". He removed the front spoiler and the decals that were plastered all over it. Maybe change to a more stylish wing - but otherwise I think it looks fine. Here's a pic from 2 years ago.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-27-2003).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock