Hey minngt! by RadRuss
Started on: 09-01-2003 10:08 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 09-02-2003 04:09 PM
RadRuss

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2003 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
so i really havent been on that much and just wondering how them side skirts are going? if u have pics and story please tell!!! later

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2003 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
What Tail lights do you have and please tell us you took pics along the way. Nice Facia btw.

------------------
87 2M4 5 spd Daily Driver Project 2m$
86 SE Needs every thing but a Motor & Sunroof Seal!!! Now for Sale! $1200.00
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Web Master
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.com

RadRuss

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2003 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kento:

What Tail lights do you have and please tell us you took pics along the way. Nice Facia btw.

hey kento, those are supra tail lights and i did take pics i should have an old thread up about them. i like what u have done with the car, love the color.

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2003 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RadRuss:

hey kento, those are supra tail lights and i did take pics i should have an old thread up about them. i like what u have done with the car, love the color.

Thanks, It was the closest i could get with a spray can. Jan/Feb it get done by a professional.

Supra lights, will have to look into those.

------------------
Web Master
Central Florida Fieros

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Hey Russ- Sorry I missed this post, I didn't touch my PC the entire Holiday weekend!

Anyway, I've been meaning to do a build-up post on what I did... I just haven't had the time to go through all my pics and organize stuff (maybe later this week... we'll see).

Yes, I did get them on the car (nearly "finished") just before the 20th in Michigan. Amazingly enough, no one really noticed much or commented on them there. I spray painted them with touch up paint, and they blend into the car pretty well.

Here's a pic from a couple of weeks ago at a local BBQ/gathering. The skirts are kind of hidden in the long grass, but I've got a few more pics too

Here's an early test-fit photo:

And here's a close up I shot outside my office (it's a bit dirty)

I drive the car every day, and although I'm very careful on bumps and getting in & out of my driveway... I've never actually scraped them!

Thanks a ton for your reponses to all my questions awhile back, it certainly helped me out a bit. I attached them to a cut-up set of old GT rockers (overlapped them), but I'm going to probably go back and cut down & fill the seam so it looks a little more "natural" (although it doesn't look bad as it is).

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Here's a pic from a couple of weeks ago at a local BBQ/gathering. The skirts are kind of hidden in the long grass, but I've got a few more pics too

Minn what Scoops are those?

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
1/4 panel scoops (and soon to be matching trim) are AusFiero's (FieroShop International's) Stage 2 scoops. Check 'em out at http://www.fieroshop.com.au (under "products" - then "exterior").

I have the door & fender trim, but just haven't had the time to install it. I'm really hoping to before the season is over!

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 09-02-2003).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
Sorry I know I have seen them, but NOW that it was pointed out ...THEY LOOK GREAT!!!!

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor, 5sp.
custom hood,trunk,side scoops,IRM front spoiler, dk.Shadow Grey

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Rob,
Sorry I know I have seen them, but NOW that it was pointed out ...THEY LOOK GREAT!!!!

Thanks Revin! I appreciate the compliment I still can't get over how nice your car looks finished (really makes me want to get some good paint on mine again).

Anyway, I haven't really "advertised" that this was done yet. Only a brief mention in a couple of threads: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/031215.html and //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/038785.html

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

1/4 panel scoops (and soon to be matching trim) are AusFiero's (FieroShop International's) Stage 2 scoops. Check 'em out at http://www.fieroshop.com.au (under "products" - then "exterior").

I have the door & fender trim, but just haven't had the time to install it. I'm really hoping to before the season is over!

COOL!!! those are the ones I want, I think they will flow with my new facia perfectly. Thanks again.
Question, How does it connect to the factory air intake mounting at the fender????

------------------
Web Master
Central Florida Fieros

[This message has been edited by Kento (edited 09-02-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Question, How does it connect to the factory air intake mounting at the fender????

Ummm... it doesn't The tube where the previous "vent-box" was attached is in it's original location, which happens to be slightly covered (only a touch) by the new scoop. I have driven the car for a year without any adverse issues caused by this, so no worries on my part!

You can kind of see the vent tube in this pic: //www.fiero.nl/uploads/MVC-012S_8.JPG

PFF
System Bot
Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Ummm... it doesn't The tube where the previous "vent-box" was attached is in it's original location, which happens to be slightly covered (only a touch) by the new scoop. I have driven the car for a year without any adverse issues caused by this, so no worries on my part!

You can kind of see the vent tube in this pic: //www.fiero.nl/uploads/MVC-012S_8.JPG

Thanks a lot, sorry for Hijacking the thread.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Thanks a lot, sorry for Hijacking the thread.

No problem... as long as we're answering questions, it's all good

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

No problem... as long as we're answering questions, it's all good

What about adding a small scoop in the skirt under the 1/4 panel scoop???? that would look cool.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2003 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

What about adding a small scoop in the skirt under the 1/4 panel scoop???? that would look cool.

That was my original intention (not using the M3 style skirt). Here's one that a local club member made a few years ago...

...but has since decided not to.

I know that one of the new suppliers in Germany also has a slick new rocker panel with a scoop, although it's not entirely to my taste:

available here: http://www.cs-fiero.de/

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock