Started on: 08-12-2003 05:04 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: donk316 on 08-18-2003 12:10 PM
donk316

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2003 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
***PLEASE READ IF YOU OWN A T-TOP OR AN INDY THAT ISNT REGISTERED***
Here is the recent email conversation I had with Ray. He asked if I could update the forum for him.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for sending me the info on you and your Indy. Attached are the documents for you and your car in the Fiero Indy Pace Car Registry (Acrobat.pdf format). Note that you had missed the spring codes with your RPO codes so I filled them in for you.

Please spread the word that I do maintain the Registry, especially to those on Pennocks. I belong to Pennocks but have never had time to jump in. Also let people know that I've cut my emails down to just my main ISP, comcast.net. My SPAM is down to like only 30 or so per day :^)

If you find any more Indys, you know the info I need. I would prefer that the people send the RPO codes in the format like they are on the label. 15 across in alpha numeric columns. This helps me figure out ones which might be missing or ones which are misread.

If you or anyone want to do a web site, I'll support it. The one I have for the T-Tops works well. http://www.fierottop.com We get a lot of new entries through the site.

Thanks for the info, enjoy your car.

Share the Excitement!

Ray Paulk

Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 04:18:05 +0800
To: "Ray Paulk" <raypaulk@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Indy Registry

Thank you for taking the time to email me Ray. 6 years ago I did find your site but thats a different story. I have all the info you require

VIN: 1G2AF37R2EP272528
RPO's: AAA AD3 AR9 A01 A31 A90 BC8 B20 B34 B48 B83 CD4 C41 C49 DB4 DG7 D4T D60 D80 D9D E5Z FW5 K81 LR8 MM4 M19 NA5 NB1 NP5 N33 N78 PB4 PON QPV TR9 UU6 UW5 U25 U29 VK3 V53 V73 WS6 WV1 W69 W82 YT9 Y82 Z31 Z49 13D 139 18L 4OU

OWNER INFO: Adrian Talliss
65 Elwell Close
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
phone 403-346-0638
email adriantalliss@email.com

CAR MILEAGE AND CONDITION:

135,000 kms Partially restored/ modified not original

I hope this helps and I will forward this info to another owner here in Alberta. Thanks very much.
Adrian

----- Original Message -----
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:15:21 -0400
To: <adriantalliss@email.com>
Subject: Indy Registry

So... six years and you've never found the Pontiac Fiero Indy Pace Car Registry. Hummm... most people in the Fiero community know me and what I do.
I bought my Fiero, an '88 GT T-Top in '96. I started the Pontiac Fiero T-Top Registry and developed a FileMaker Pro database to document the cars as well as decode the RPO codes so we could track how the cars were originally made and the rarity of options. I currently have 348 of these carts fully documented. But there's a problem. Each car I document has taken quite an effort to get all the info let alone the expense of time and $ to do it.
After seeing what I had done for the T-Tops, people started asking me if I would do the same reports for their "regular" Fieros. This meant I had to expand my RPO code database to include all options for all years. With the help of several key people like Dave Kauzlarich, "Mr Fiero Literature", plus purchasing several Fiero resource books like Product books. 22P Parts Books and Selling Facts booklets for all years. I now have a database of 325 RPO (Regular Production Option) codes which were used for the Fiero. There are still a few which I've found listed on cars but don't know their meaning, mostly from Canadian cars. The database also reflects the MRSP price for each code based on model and year. Check the website: http://www.fierottop.com

Bottom line is that I can now document any Fiero from any year and tell you how the car was originally equipped and how much it originally listed for.

Back to the Indys... There have been a few Indy Registries started but the info was incomplete and the originator eventually lost interest. Several people asked me if I would do for the Indys as I've done for the T-Tops. I agreed to do the documentation but only if others would get the info for me. I can't afford the time like it takes me to chase down and get the info for the T-Tops. So there it started a couple of years ago. I now have 50 Indys documented. I had a few more but due to an unfortunate hard drive crash, which came about 6 months after my last back up, I lost some. Interestingly, because of option variations, the first 27 documented Indys were all different. (and people think they are all the same). Also, to help dispel
the auto/manual myth, I have documented 22 autos and 22 manuals (6 unknown).

In addition to the Registries, I am also the Fiero Toy Box through which I buy, collect, document and sell Fiero toys. I have about 350 different Fiero toys in my collection and several lines documented for known variations. I'm also the founder of and currently the Membership Director of the New England Fiero Association, some 182 members strong. Lastly I'm a Tech adviser to the
new international Fiero club, CFOGi.

Back again to the Indy Registry. As mentioned, I don;'t mind documenting the cars but I do need help. I don't want people just giving me a name of an Indy owner and expect me to chase it down. I need others to get the info for me and send it too me... complete. Here's what I need:
=============================
1. VIN
2. A list of the RPO codes (see note)
3. Owner info - name, address, tel, email, etc.
4. Car's mileage and condition.
Note: If you don't know about the RPO codes, these are 3 digit codes GM uses to identify the regular and special options that went into building a specific car. All the codes for a Fiero are listed on the Service Parts Identification label. This large white label is fixed to the front left inner fender well of the car, inside the front trunk area. There should be 40-60 RPO codes listed starting with "AAA".
============================
Find the owners, get the above info and send it to me and you'll help document this rare version of the Fiero.

BTW, Pontiac will not support and of our efforts in any way. This is very frustrating but they claim that their lawyers have given them this edict...
so we are on our own.
As for other email addresses, I used to have several addresses:
> raypaulk@fierottop.com
> raypaulk@indyfiero.com
> raypaulk@fierotoybox.com
> raypaulk@fieropride.com
> Plus some business ones. Because of the recent rash of SPAM, I had to terminate all but my base ISP. I was getting 100-200 SPAMs a day. That's why the email Steve had given didn't work.
So if you'd like to help, get me the info... complete.
A few years back, I had asked Jim Lund, who maintains the T-Top Registry web
site for me, to register the domain www.indyfiero.com for me. But I think
he aced me and registered it for himself. But the domain is registered and
available if you or someone else wants to develop a web site.

> Ray Paulk
> 19 Ben's Way
> Hopedale, MA 01747
>
> Hm: (508) 478-6786
> Cell: (508) 922-1961

------------------
Email: adriantalliss@email.com
1984 Indy Fiero 4spd 3.4L
Centerforce II clutch, 390cfm 4bbl holley, crane h272 cam, Edelbrock Torker II intake, 9 to 1 comp, minor head porting, WCF headers, true 2" mandrel dual Supertrapp exhaust, factory 4.10 4 spd, 17x7 white Konig Ziege FR 205/40R17 RR 235/45R17. White leather interior, Adj aluminum rear wing, Aftermarket gauges, Corvette MBC upgrade, Held coilover kit, 2" drop front and back.

[This message has been edited by donk316 (edited 08-12-2003).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
donk316

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2003 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
I hope everyone who has a T-Top or a INDY had a chance to read this.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock