Started on: 08-06-2003 08:51 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: linenoise on 08-08-2003 11:12 PM
linenoise

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
Basically I have the courtesy panel installed and the wiring from it to the stereo looks in place. At the radio I have the radio electrical Connector (10 Wires) and no wiring from there to the amp or Sub. On my Amp I have a connector with the wires (15 Wires) cut at about 6" do these wires wire into the Radio Electrical Connector? Do 2 of these wires go to the Subwoofer? I have a white and Yellow that appear to go up towards the windshield that have been cut any ideas on them?

Once my Camera's battery is charged I'll take pictures.

Thanks. Pulling my hair out here.

------------------

Fiero 20th Anniversary Pictures
My Black 88 GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
From my Haynes manual
linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
The Connector that you drew in was my missing puzzle piece. Thank you so much. Was going nuts as I have the Haynes Manual and I couldn't figure out the plug.

So if I read this right.

12 , 15 goto the Sub speaker, 13 Is not used

6,9 goto these wires.

All the rest (7,8,10,11,3,13,1,2,4,5)get wired into this connector.

[This message has been edited by linenoise (edited 08-06-2003).]

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
TTT Anyone wanna confirm my thinking?
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
It looks to be right. The yellow and white wires that go up by the windshiel have to get pluged in. There is a box in the upper corner that it plugs into. It take some small hands to get it in, or you can unplug that big box and plug the connector to it. I just got done installing my stock sub in my 85GT, but non of my wires were cut.
So how far are you from Grand Rapids??

Thanks Ken

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MooCow:

It looks to be right. The yellow and white wires that go up by the windshiel have to get pluged in. There is a box in the upper corner that it plugs into. It take some small hands to get it in, or you can unplug that big box and plug the connector to it. I just got done installing my stock sub in my 85GT, but non of my wires were cut.
So how far are you from Grand Rapids??

Thanks Ken

Ok you lost me. I thought the yellow and White that I havecut goto the yellow and white on the plug that goes into the amp.

I'm east side of the state. about 4 hours, I travel over to Comstock Park monthly tho.

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2003 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

linenoise

3789 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Found a wiring harness thank god. Went to a new Junk yard today 1 2m6 Sub enclosure/amp gone but wiring harness complete. Yippppeee!
fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
heh, i just got an e-mail from a guy that was trying to get his subwoofer together too. Anyhow, i think that itsdamn near impossible to do unless you have the harness. Im sure you can see why now. Its just so tricky!

my webpage may be of some assistance.. http://www.geocities.com/j_depies/fierosubwooferinstallation.htm

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

heh, i just got an e-mail from a guy that was trying to get his subwoofer together too. Anyhow, i think that itsdamn near impossible to do unless you have the harness. Im sure you can see why now. Its just so tricky!

my webpage may be of some assistance.. http://www.geocities.com/j_depies/fierosubwooferinstallation.htm

Already found your website. and BTW the guy that emailed you was me.

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
You may have to add 12V to the 2 pink wires from an outside source.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
#12 (Dark Blue/White) and 15 (Light Blue/Black) goes to the sub
#3(pink) and 13 (pink) goes to power (on the 'stock' radio these are connected to the power antenna output) - otherwise just use ignition (GM calls pin #3 Mute and 13 is power for the amp - I don't recall if I had both wires hooked up or just 13).
#6 (white) and 9 (yellow) goes to the 'Performance Sound' switch on the dome lights.
#1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11 gets connected to the speaker outputs of the 'stock' radio.

NOTE: the above is correct, there is an error in the Haynes manual (pin 13 - actually it is listed twice, ignore the one on the bottom that says it is not used).

Tim

PFF
System Bot
linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

#12 (Dark Blue/White) and 15 (Light Blue/Black) goes to the sub
#3(pink) and 13 (pink) goes to power (on the 'stock' radio these are connected to the power antenna output) - otherwise just use ignition (GM calls pin #3 Mute and 13 is power for the amp - I don't recall if I had both wires hooked up or just 13).
#6 (white) and 9 (yellow) goes to the 'Performance Sound' switch on the dome lights.
#1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11 gets connected to the speaker outputs of the 'stock' radio.

NOTE: the above is correct, there is an error in the Haynes manual (pin 13 - actually it is listed twice, ignore the one on the bottom that says it is not used).

Tim

Thank you so much thats excatly what I was looking for.

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2003 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

linenoise

3789 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Subwooofer is in and working. Yipppeeeeee! Tomorrow I am replacing the other speakers. They crackle and pop.

------------------

Fiero 20th Anniversary Pictures
My Black 88 GT

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock