Interior Colour Change. by SaskatoonFiero
Started on: 07-15-2003 10:27 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: PaulJK on 07-16-2003 09:35 PM
SaskatoonFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2003 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaskatoonFieroSend a Private Message to SaskatoonFieroDirect Link to This Post
I was just thinking of changing the colour of the interior of my car, the dash, center concell.

What did you guys use for paint? Does it stay on good or rub off right away? does the sun "bubble it" ?

My car use to be blue, then it got a paint change to British Racing green so i would like to change the interior.

The car was painted before I got it!

thanks for any reply,

SaskatoonFiero
SFOG

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2003 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Krylon Fusion is an awsome paint. No need to prime or sand. Made for Plastics and what not. It says its made for Vinyl too, but I painted my glove box black and the glove box door red, and the paint is sticky. I need to clean it and figure out a way to get it to dry properly.

------------------

My 85 Fiero On CarDomain.Com
Warning: Objects In Rear View Mirror Apear To Be Losing!

SaskatoonFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaskatoonFieroSend a Private Message to SaskatoonFieroDirect Link to This Post
anyone else?

SaskatoonFiero

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
creck your local auto body supply store & ask them about SEM products
You wont be sorry & stay away from krylon, that is one of the worst products for an interior
2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2003 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Krylon Fusion worked more then PERFECT for the hard things, like the dash, guage pod, and shifter panel...look at my cardomain site for pictures.
KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
Yeah don't use krylon for soft vinyl but it works on things like your gauge cluster faces and such very well. I don't know why it doesnt feel sticky on those ones. Go figure.

Kruz

------------------

These are the Kruz'n Machines:
'84 SE 2m4 (PROJECT CAR that runs perfect)
'87 GT V6
'83 Mint Dodge Ram 150 Royal

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
have a few pics of my old interior here

I started out doing a tan and black interior - not sure what caused me to end up doing the royal blue interior. A black headliner with the sunroof looks especially nice.

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 07-16-2003).]

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2003 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
It sucks, I can't even rest my arm on the "ARM REST". I have to put something down. Ohh well, I plan on swaping interior anyways.
David Bartlett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David BartlettSend a Private Message to David BartlettDirect Link to This Post
I absolutly HATE krylon fusion for interior pieces. It doesn't dry right and it ends up attacting dust and hair.

I have found that Kyrlon Semi-Flat paints work the best. Even better then Mar-hol/u-fix it purpose based paints.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
I highly recommend duplicolor vinyl die for your interiors - best stuff I could find - its what i used on both my color conversions and it works great on the plastic peices also.. very wear resistant - the only thing i had it ever wear off of was the carpet by the pedals (went from brown to black)
grgoyl86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grgoyl86Send a Private Message to grgoyl86Direct Link to This Post
I used MarHyde Vinyl Color, and I'm happy with the results. Heck, I even won "Best Interior" at Fieros At Carlisle this year.
I suggest not using on the arm rests (I had Mr Mike cover mine in black leather).
The only think i'm not happy with is the seat belts. Anyone have any success with re-coloring them? I've been trying to find someone to re-web them with new black material, but no one wants to mess with them.
This is a pretty big picture, but you can have a look at http://fieropride.com/images/members/gargoyle_g2_L.jpg

That was before my new steering wheel and stuff.

PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
This is what worked for me:

- Generally clean and de-grease the parts;
- use MarHyde vinyl trim prep to remove the glossy finish and lightly scuff with 600 sandpaper;
- use Bulldog adhesion promoter
- use DupliColor or PlastiCoat Vinyl paint.

This will work well even for difficult areas like door pull handles and (automatic trans)shifter,using reasonable care.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock