Started on: 07-14-2003 04:37 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Kento on 07-15-2003 09:18 AM
KRuzn MAchines

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
Everyone with the firebird interior modification i have a question, what year is that you use. Is it new or can i find it at a junk yard possibly. Where did you get yours, if you bought it from a site where and how much. How much adjusting was needed for you to fabricate it? Thanks all in advance.

------------------
-Just call me Kruz
'84 SE 2m4(PROJECT CAR)
'87 GT V6

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/031255.html https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025069.html https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174-9.html

There you go!!
Cruz,
Where from??

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 07-14-2003).]

KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
Kansas
Fiero31337

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero31337Send a Private Message to Fiero31337Direct Link to This Post
I haven't started the installation but here's what I've got so far.

1. 99 Trans-am center console and dash with blown airbag. $175 at a local junkyard.

2. Gauge cluster from a 96 V6 Firebird $19 shipped on ebay.

3. Leather door panels (year unknown) $109 on ebay

4. Firebird power window switches $40 on ebay.

JScott1, are your door panels completed? Do you have any pics?

KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
Thank you both guys, you'll get a plus from me.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Glad to hear that the Firebird interior is growing in popularity. Although Mrfixit58 deservedly gets all the credit for being the first to complete a Firebird Interior, I started mine about the same time without knowledge of what he had done.

Mine is taking longer than the SmooothGT to complete though

Okay here is a sneak preview of my new color scheme:

The door panels are still in work. Any year from 93 to 2002 will work the same, although the pre-97 are a little different.

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

Firebird Interior Installation Thread

edited to add pic and spelling

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 07-14-2003).]

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
I want to know if any other Pontiacs fit with out too much trouble. I am thinking more alongthe Grand Prix / Grand Am/ Sunfire / Bonniville just to be different :80)

------------------
87 2M4 5 spd "Almost" Daily Driver with working A/C!
86 "PoSE" Needs every thing but a Sunroof Seal!!!
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
If you are going to try something different then you are going to have to try it and tell us if it works. I had no idea if a firebird dash would work, I just bought one and tried it and it was close to a perfect fit.

My opinion is that a Sunbird or Grand Am dash would be too small. The Fiero is wider than you think. Probably a Grand Prix or Bonneville would work. Let us know if it works.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2003 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Mine is taking longer than the SmooothGT to complete though

Okay here is a sneak preview of my new color scheme:

OMG... I resemble that statement...

Jscott.... I LOVE THEM COLOR'S!!

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2003 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
To install a Firebird dash, be prepaired to do some cutting and welding (my method). I did this so the steering column would exit through the Firebird cluster like it did in the Firebird. To do this, you'll need to move the column up about 2" (measured at the steering wheel).

I bought most of my stuff from local yard. Dashes where the airbag has deployed are cheap. If you get lucky, you may find one with only minimal damage or in near perfect shape. I also bartered for the door panels. Since I didn't need a perfect door panel (I modified the Fiero door panel to accept the Firebird armrests, and door handle), I usually picked up what most would consider junk and always got it for cheap or it was thrown in as part of the deal. I bought the window/lock/mirror switches through eBay.

Another good idea is to keep checking the newspaper and ad flyers. Sometimes you'll find individuals who wrecked their car and are parting it out themselves. I had one guy who offered me a perfect dash, console, and instrment cluster for $30 if I came and pulled it (although I never made it up to see him).

Keep in mind that this is no "kit" project. There is a lot of fabrication needed to pull it off. My goal was to make the interior (Firebird dash, console, and door panels) look absolutly stock. It took me 10 months of work, mostly on a parts car, to pull it off.

Best of luck,

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up
[URL=https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html]
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/031255.html
*** UPDATED 1/24/03 ***

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2003 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

To install a Firebird dash, be prepaired to do some cutting and welding (my method). Keep in mind that this is no "kit" project. There is a lot of fabrication needed to pull it off. My goal was to make the interior (Firebird dash, console, and door panels) look absolutly stock. It took me 10 months of work, mostly on a parts car, to pull it off.
Best of luck,

That is just the reason why I have a 2m4 daily driver now I think GP or Bonnies parts may be a little cheaper and I plan on taking my time and not rushing it.

------------------
87 2M4 5 spd "Almost" Daily Driver with working A/C!
86 "PoSE" Needs every thing but a Sunroof Seal!!!
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock