Started on: 06-08-2003 12:15 PM
Replies: 68
Last post by: linenoise on 06-18-2003 09:59 PM
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
I am really excited about one of the first with the addition of the intercooler to the supercharger. (Maybe it is the first but I would think another might be out there.) Now here is something I have been thinking about for a long long time but have not figured out a the perfect solution. I would like to show the car has the intercooler graphically. Where and or what should I put on the car? I am thinking decal/decals announcing it somewhere but I am open to other ideas. I was thinking a logo on both sides of the hood scoop like INTERCOOLED/SUPERCHARGED maybe a 3800 with it in black. Or maybe something on the front fenders near the vents. Maybe something on the rear quarter scoops. Maybe something on the rear bumper. Anyway I would love to see what you graphic guys would come up with. Let me add some pics to help you guys think about it. The perfect solution has to be out there.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 Supercharged
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
86 FIERO GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
In all reality ski, I would come up with a "badge" to put on the fender right above the molding that says 3800 with supercharged under it then intercooled right under supercharged.

------------------
Recipe for speed:
1 Northstar with 5spd
1 set of 18s
pinch of polyurathane and a smidgen of 11" brakes.

[This message has been edited by 86 FIERO GT (edited 06-08-2003).]

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
I think it would look cool if you had it on the rocker panel underneith your side scoops.
84 supercharged

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84 superchargedSend a Private Message to 84 superchargedDirect Link to This Post
Thats a gorgeous car,Whatever you do keep it
from looking tacky,On the other hand youll be passing the mustangs so fast they wont be able to read it anyway''

------------------
mike

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Just to get ideas rolling:
jubjub2m6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2003 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jubjub2m6Click Here to visit jubjub2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to jubjub2m6Direct Link to This Post
most cases i dont like stickers on cars... kinda gives me the idea of rice...
butttttt honestly i wouldnt brag about it, after you smoke a C5 vette just say you have a lil 6cyl in there still....

------------------

86SE Gold & Primer Pink
zr-2 hoodscoop
rear coil overs
6"wingstands..&more
JUGGALO!!!!

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
Personaly if i had that car i would keep all the badges/graphics off it to make people wonder what you have.
But since you want something i would sugest either lower rocker panel saying 3800 Intercooled Supercharger or on the back decklid just put something like 3800 SC/IC

If you went with putting it across the lower rocker you would need to put more graphics on the car IMO.

Kyle

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
LS1 Cars like Camaros and TransAm's usually have a HP number on their cowl hood, like 380HP or something of that nature. I think if you want something it should be on your cowl hood, nothing big just on the sides of the cowl. I think that would look very slick and not too obvious.

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3.4L

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
ok, get out a can of Krylon....jk

Some ideas could be to have something on the side of the Cowl.
Inercooled-Supercharged 3800

I like CalKid's Idea, but I would change it to 3800 and put the 3800 over the Intercooled-supercharged. and Put the badge/sticker over the front fender vents.

Another place would be to put the
"Inercooled-Supercharged 3800" just behind the fender vents, over the rocker panel on the door. this would be my Favorite. Too bad I'm not good at photoshop, or I would show ya.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com Support Mental Health, or I'll Kill Ya!!
Yellow Formula Signature

• 88 Yellow FORMULA-undergoing ZZ3 350 with Accel 1000CFM Street Ram TPI and Gen VI DFI=345HP/390TQ
  • chevy S10 Parts Fetcher-getting a new engine to haul my fieros(and others)
  • 87SE V6 auto-L4 to V6 done, Daily Driver
  • My Shower Cam
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
I just looked at my Grand National.It has an emblem that is quite inobtrusive on the front fender under the GN logo.It says INTERCOOLED.I think it would look good on the front fender over the molding.I noticed the supercharged on your door handle.I did the same thing,only I used the rear emblems from a supercharged Buick.

------------------
Question my ability,question my intelligence,never question my integrity!

kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post
Found on the hood bulge of late 80's Chrysler products:

Replace "Turbo" with 3800 of course.

I think putting "Intercooled Supercharged 3800" might be too long, and you've already got "Supercharged" on your door handles...don't want to get too redundant.

I also like the idea of putting the horsepower rating on the sides of the hood scoop also like old muscle cars had. Of course, you'll have to get it dynoed and maybe cops won't be as forgiving the next time they pull you over for fishtailing.

"But officer, it's just a 6 cylinder"

Ken S.

PFF
System Bot
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
Well ever since i've seen the window in the back i always thought it might look pretty damn cool if something was etched into the glass. Although this would sort of obstruct the view of the engine. But with the cathodes on you could perhaps rig it up so that the light would catch the etched part and glow a redder red if you get what i'm saying. Another idea is on the sides of you hood scoop where it blends into the rest of the hood. I also like the idea of something painted on the rocker pannels, but anywhere else on the side, I think would make the it look to "busy".

Edit: Well after looking at the first picture of the car for a while maybe it wouldn't like so "busy". I've also had the idea going in my head for a while about somehow doing what you've done to your headlight covers to the spoiler. So it would somehow glow a red word as another brake light, or just a light for show. Hmm just some thoughts. If you want some more idea's just ask, i've got pretty many bouncing around in my head, some of them you've actually done.

Matt

------------------

[This message has been edited by fiero go fast (edited 06-08-2003).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 06-08-2003).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2003 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking the word "Supercharged" with the letters fading from red to blue left to right. The red should be the same as the car's red, the blue would be a pale "icy" blue. The decal could go anywhere, but should be relatively inconspicuous in order to give the showgoer the time to discover it and realize the significance of the color fade.

JazzMan

Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Just to get ideas rolling:

i like that... but id be cool 3.8 Intercooled Supercharger.

Soaper

jubjub2m6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2003 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jubjub2m6Click Here to visit jubjub2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to jubjub2m6Direct Link to This Post
dont know if you can do it but here is something cool i just kinda thought of its pretty crude took like 4minutes to do... this would be less obtrusive i think

then again im not sure if you could do something like this

------------------

86SE Gold & Primer Pink
zr-2 hoodscoop
rear coil overs
6"wingstands..&more
JUGGALO!!!!

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
Seeing you have "Supercharged" on the door handle, adding a decal/emblem near that would not look right. Adding a decal/emblem a distance away from the door handle would not look right either. I don't think it would look right on the hood scoop since the motor is in the back.

I would not add another decal unless it was on the blower or intercooler itself.

Don't you have a display stand with the description of the car/mods? Maybe add it to that?

The best mods are the ones you do not point out, or try to get noticed for.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
tried to edit my posted pic and it went red x

3800 ICSC on rear deck where Fiero goes
INTERCOOLED between window and vent
etch intercooled/supercharged 3800 V6 in little letters in bottom of rear window

whatever you do, hope you keep it discrete

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
I don't think that the spare tire area has been mentioned.. Put it there!

SmoothSE/GT!!

------------------
~~Steve~~
~~SmoothGT~~

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

STRATOHACKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STRATOHACKERSend a Private Message to STRATOHACKERDirect Link to This Post
How about on the top of the supercharger itself so it shows through the window on your decklid, it would be less obvious there and your car is very tastefully done anyway personally I would leave the stickers off the outside. By the way thanks for the inspiration with the build-up photos and article ---- Great Job!!!
FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
Vanity is unbecoming an a Fierogod.

I like Gokart Mozart's idea.
etch 3800 supercharged/intercooled into the glass on the rear deck. That way those oogling the motor know what it is.

PFF
System Bot
rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
I like the etched onto the rear glass idea as well.
-Ryan

------------------

88 Formula undergoing change to become Mazdaspeed Orange!

AOL - i am RATDOG

http://members.cox.net/rynelson85/
http://members.cox.net/kafc/

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jubjub2m6:

That is it,with lighting behind it (like the HD covers up front) Then you will have a front "badge" AND side ones as well!

GT86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
I agree with the etched glass idea. One of the things I've always liked about Fieros was the relative lack of graphics/stickers/nameplates. I don't even like the Fiero 2M4/2M6, Formula, etc stickers. Just looks out of place on a car as classy as the Fiero. The Fiero's lines are beautiful, graphics and stickers just detract from that if they are overdone. I like your "Supercharged" stickers on the door handles because they don't draw attention to themselves until you look closely.

If it was my car (and I wish it was, because I love your ride), I would keep it subtle. Just my 2 cents.

------------------
Brad
86 GT 5 speed
Aren't all Fieros project cars?

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Please no decals cluttering up the outside of the car! between the headlight covers, the door handles and the little GT logos on the rear bumper and sail panels, you dont need anymore. Heres the only place it should be:

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed
yes im 17
yes this is my first car
no im not rich

TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I with GTFiero1 and like his idea. Maybe make it a little larger like this. Since the strips you put on the covers are some sort of stick on aluminum, get some more and cut out "Intercooled". Here's what I'm thinking. please excuse the poor photo editing job.

edit: forgot pic

tm

------------------
TM_Fiero

Fiero Formula Online

[This message has been edited by TM_Fiero (edited 06-08-2003).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Lets try this again...

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 06-08-2003).]

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
I have seen some very nice solutions here, my only comment is don't put it on the hood. Somewhere on the side, rear or visible through the engine window but not on the hood, makes people think that all that hardware is up front, not in the middle.

Yours is the best fastback out there, but I still think that there must be some other way to vent the underhood area that does not look like cowl induction, so don't draw any unnecessary attention to it

I want your car, I'll even keep the hood

Ira

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
My flashy idea.

SUPERCHARGED
INTERCOOLED
GT

Adding the first three lines to the already existing GT on the glass.
Personally I would actually omit the GT and only have

SUPERCHARGED
INTERCOOLED
Just to keep them guessing

Other than that,
TM_Fiero's idea was pretty good too.
(And a lot less flashy)

Tina
Dislaimer ...no idea if that with the window is even possible...
heck what am I thinking..we are talking Skitime here...course it is.

Ancaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AncasterSend a Private Message to AncasterDirect Link to This Post
An idea is your removable Acrylic window in teh rear get something frosted on it if you dont know where to get it done I can get it done here locally maybe a remake of teh actual fiero Badge itself
PFF
System Bot
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ancaster:

An idea is your removable Acrylic window in teh rear get something frosted on it if you dont know where to get it done I can get it done here locally maybe a remake of teh actual fiero Badge itself

Actually there is no acrylic windows. The rear window and the engine window are tempered glass. Unfortunately the glass can not bet etched after it is tempered. I have considered it on the glass but that never gets noticed at shows. Many think they are looking at a mirror. Never figured that one out since you are seeing the interior of the car not the engine below.

fiero86SE28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero86SE28Send a Private Message to fiero86SE28Direct Link to This Post
I like the TM_FIERO idea but be sure to do the forward valve cover as well. Even if you can't see it there it will give you the feeling of completion. If you need help just drop your car off at my place with a full tank of gas and I will have the valve covers engraved and reinstalled. I will call you when everything is done. Shouldn't take more than a week or two / a month at the most!! All labor free of charge!! Dont waste any time. This generous offer expires real soon. I will even loan you my "running parts car" to fill the spot in your garage. Keep it as long as you want.

CLW

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jubjub2m6:

dont know if you can do it but here is something cool i just kinda thought of its pretty crude took like 4minutes to do... this would be less obtrusive i think

then again im not sure if you could do something like this

I like this idea. I have had my eye on modding this piece sometime though. Even so it would be good until then.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 Supercharged
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
wait! heres the perfect solution!
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero86SE28:

I like the TM_FIERO idea but be sure to do the forward valve cover as well. Even if you can't see it there it will give you the feeling of completion. If you need help just drop your car off at my place with a full tank of gas and I will have the valve covers engraved and reinstalled. I will call you when everything is done. Shouldn't take more than a week or two / a month at the most!! All labor free of charge!! Dont waste any time. This generous offer expires real soon. I will even loan you my "running parts car" to fill the spot in your garage. Keep it as long as you want.

CLW

LOL but do you really do engraving?

Ancaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AncasterSend a Private Message to AncasterDirect Link to This Post

A very quick Idea i drew up

Ancaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AncasterSend a Private Message to AncasterDirect Link to This Post

Ancaster

496 posts
Member since Dec 2002
Well Cant Etch it but it can be bead blasted I have a few contacts here in tulsa who do polishing and all the goods my above post teh picture needs teh fiero Font wich I cant locat but I like it myself and may use it well not teh intercooled part LOL but maybe a 4.9 SE fiero Badge
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
turbofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbofieroSend a Private Message to turbofieroDirect Link to This Post
Do not put any stickers anywhere. I would leave your car as it is.
Vanity is unbecoming. Simpleness speaks more than you realize.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock