Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  RESTORE: Engine Restorer, Anyone ever used it?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

RESTORE: Engine Restorer, Anyone ever used it? by White88GT
Started on: 05-23-2003 12:04 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: White88GT on 05-24-2003 06:08 PM
White88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2003 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for White88GTSend a Private Message to White88GTDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody ever used this stuff... www.RestoreUSA.com ...This is thier web site. What I was wanting to know is do you think there would be any long term affects of using this? I know some other additives can deteriorate things over time and I thought I would get some of your opinions on this. It says it restores your engines horsepower and gas milage, and all you have to do is add it to your oil change
Sounds good to me!
Please any experience you have had with this would be greatly appreciated
Thanks--Nathan

------------------

Please E-mail me at Wicked88GT@yahoo.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2003 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post
Yep... I've used it.

I had an older Jeep Cherokee with the 4.0L straight six that blew a head gasket (I think). It had lost compression in one cylinder, and the oil would get milky over 1500 miles.

When I was trading it off, the dealerships wouldn't ever give me anything for it, because it ran rough (compression) and even with fresh oil, it didn't look good. So, I used three cans of 8-cyl (16 oz. size) cans of Restore, along with 4 1/2 qts. of Valvoline's SAE 50 weight VR-Racing oil. PRESTO! No more milky oil!

After about two times of changing the oil at 500 miles, I traded it in, and no problems. The compression was better, good enough that it ran smooth(er), and the oil never got milky. Now, for what happened to it, in the end... Who knows??? That Jeep had become such a money pit, I was willing to do anything to get rid of it, but I'm sure I didn't do it any favors.

From what I understand, oil additives bump the viscosity of the oil up so high, that the valve-train suffers. But, I'm no mechanical engineer, so...

Best of luck!

------------------
Nic
1987 GT 5-spd

Just got back from Sluppy123's. New engine/clutch work fantastically!!!

RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2003 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
I used to use that stuff in my cavalier, it now has 156000 mi on it with no major problems. I quit using it after reading a review that it contains zinc and THICK oil the zinc can help fill in scratches and ring damage, but like 90% of it gets pulled out by the oil filter, making it almost worthless.

------------------

85 GT 4 SPD
Number 53715 of 76371
Best 1/4 15.816 @ 84.72

Accel 8.8mm wires, Accel 300+ Ignition box, Blaster Coil, NGK UR5, K&N, Short Shifter, High flow cat, Monochrome Caracus red, KYB shocks/struts, ST lowering springs, Poly Dogbone.

Coulee Region Fieros member(couleefiero.tripod.com)

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2003 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
i dont like it about a week after i put it in my car i spun a bearing but i dont think thats what did it but i still dont like it.

J Sokol

------------------

87GTSleeper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2003 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTSleeperSend a Private Message to 87GTSleeperDirect Link to This Post
I have used it before on diesel engines, with good results, but not a gas-burner. I wouldn't even try unless my engine was burning a lot of oil or experiencing some blow-by. Jeez, by that point it's pretty much done for anyway.
Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2003 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post
This stuff works good if your trying to screw somebody into buying a piece of junk. Like someone said it fills in small scratches, cracks and stuff. It will even temporarily fill up some of the gap caused by worn out rod or crank bearings so that the knock will stop long enough to cheat someone. Also can stop up tight places where it would be nice if the oil continued to flow. My experience comes from buying a car that had been run without oil. Someone had knocked a whole in the oil pan and then patched it and dumped a product like this one in it until they found a sucker (me). My fault! Anything that seems to cheap ususally is! Anyway I got to overhaul it instead of the cheat!
White88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2003 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White88GTSend a Private Message to White88GTDirect Link to This Post
Well thank you all for your help My engine runs smooth and doesn't burn any oil but I just thought if this stuff was for real, I could free up a couple horses or better gas milage. Yea, I'm cheap I know
Anyway I don't think I want to risk it with my 88GT, but thanks for all of your help!
Thanks Again--Nathan

------------------

Please E-mail me at Wicked88GT@yahoo.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock