Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  My new project thanks to mrfixit58 (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
My new project thanks to mrfixit58 by Her86GT
Started on: 01-06-2003 09:33 PM
Replies: 94
Last post by: KRuzn MAchines on 07-14-2003 06:31 PM
Her86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTDirect Link to This Post
Got some more done tonight:

Did some work to get the steering column to fit right

Ended the day with a bath

IP: Logged
vortecfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
just wondering if the F/B dash is any heavier ? (It could be a good thing if it is....)

------------------
84 Fiero Turbo Vortec 4300 Phantom GT
L35 block
Syclone Intake and ECM
T04B H3 Turbo
http://www.cardomain.com/id/vortecfiero

"Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2003 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
You welded the piece in similar to what Roy did.

I was hoping that welding didn't enter the picture because that's a little beyond my present capabilites.

I was able to pull and tug on my dash to the point where I have about half the gap between the gauges and the steering column compared to what you were showing. I think it's close enough for now. If I ever do this again I will try moving the column.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 01-14-2003).]

Her86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2003 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTDirect Link to This Post
Just an update. The dash has been removed and is being painted a light brown to go with the tan interior. It has been plumbed in for the vent system.

This is how Pete has been driving it for the last week.

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2003 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
It looks like your making good progress. Looking at your duct work, how are you connecting to the center vent? Additionally, is that dryer hose? I ask because it looks pretty thin and fragle. I bought regular A/C duct hose from the local automotice A/C installer and paid $9 for 9 feet. The regular hose is black, a lot tougher and is more UV tollerant. These places are probably prevalant in the south so I don't know if you have access to as many sources. Just a thought. I'm looking forward to seeing it painted.

Keep up the good work,

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/031255.html
*** UPDATED 1/24/03 ***

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2003 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfixit58:

It looks like your making good progress. Looking at your duct work, how are you connecting to the center vent? Additionally, is that dryer hose? I ask because it looks pretty thin and fragle. I bought regular A/C duct hose from the local automotice A/C installer and paid $9 for 9 feet. The regular hose is black, a lot tougher and is more UV tollerant. These places are probably prevalant in the south so I don't know if you have access to as many sources. Just a thought. I'm looking forward to seeing it painted.

Keep up the good work,

It is actually heat ducting. It wasn't in the dryer ducting isle at Home Depot. Maybe they use it for trailers or something. Anyways, it won't be seen once the dash is in. It is only a summer car anyways.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2003 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I used a similar heat ducting hose and I have to say that I'm not entirely pleased with it.

I was telling Roy that it appears I have some really tight turns in my system and it's a bit more restrictive than I would like.

I was able to stay cool in the Florida heat this weekend, but it wasn't really that hot). I'm sure that I am going to have to improve it somehow before summner sets in or I will not be very happy.

Her86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2003 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTDirect Link to This Post
Some more pics of the dash. Here the A pillar is getting ready to host the duel gauge pod. When it is finished its prep, the trim will go for painting. The dash is due back any day now.

Her86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTDirect Link to This Post
Got the dash back today and put it in. Gauge pod is in as well. Here are some pics from tonight - and NO, it is not done yet. I told Pete he had to come home.

Her86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTDirect Link to This Post

Her86GT

1173 posts
Member since May 2001
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
So I take it you are going to repaint the fierbird dash in order to make it match the rest of the interrior? Seeeing as how you allready painted those gauge pods to match teh rest of the car.

------------------

87 GT w/T-Tops
If you like what I am contributing, please vote.

PFF
System Bot
Santa Cruzer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Santa CruzerSend a Private Message to Santa CruzerDirect Link to This Post
Nice work,the dash color looks great
Her86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Her86GTClick Here to visit Her86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Her86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by soup:

So I take it you are going to repaint the fierbird dash in order to make it match the rest of the interrior? Seeeing as how you allready painted those gauge pods to match teh rest of the car.

We DID repaint the dash, look harder. The dash is tan but it's not the yucky yellow tan. It matched my Sunfire seats perfectly. The steering wheel you see here is going and we are replacing it with a better suited one. Here is a pic of my seats before the dash conversion:

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroDirect Link to This Post
can i have your 86gt dashboard? or do you already have a buyer??

------------------

KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
Very very Cool

Kruz

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock