Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Finally home with our new addition. Pic's inside! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Finally home with our new addition. Pic's inside! by chester
Started on: 04-14-2003 09:33 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: Raydar on 04-16-2003 12:08 PM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Finally rolled in with our latest addition. One near mint Indy with under 19,000 original miles. Came from the original owner. Has a couple of nice surpises in it including a nice SuperDukie. Anyway, herea re some pics. I'm going to bed

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
NICE, A real one too. The TACH goes up to 8000 rpm with a redline of 7500, thats not for a normal 2.5. A friend up here has one too. A surprising 4cyl. Good find!

Pete

------------------

wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
WOW very nice . i want one how much did it cost ya ?

------------------

XRacer Pro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XRacer ProClick Here to visit XRacer Pro's HomePageSend a Private Message to XRacer ProDirect Link to This Post
Is that the special 2.7 (232hp)??? I want one too!!! Where did you find it....does he have another one??

------------------
XRacer Pro

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
It's actually a 3.3 (300Hp) and no, just had this one...

Rob D.

Originally posted by XRacer Pro:

Is that the special 2.7 (232hp)??? I want one too!!! Where did you find it....does he have another one??

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
All I can do is sit here and drool, Rob.... EXCELLENT find! Envious doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. Now, the BIG question...it is YOUR car, or Renee's?

------------------

Mike...86 GT 4 Speed
"Sucks to be me..."

XRacer Pro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XRacer ProClick Here to visit XRacer Pro's HomePageSend a Private Message to XRacer ProDirect Link to This Post
300 HP??? Okay...I'm really drooling now! You gotta be sh@#&ng me.
Rob, you know that if you ever need a little break from Lil' Indy that I'll babysit him for you guys!

------------------
XRacer Pro

NOS3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NOS3800Click Here to visit NOS3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to NOS3800Direct Link to This Post
HOW MUCH??? That has to be one of the best finds I have heard of. The engine looks like it has never been driven its so clean. I don't know jack about the Super Duties, but is it streetable, or race only??? What are the odds of finding somthing like that! Oh, no offense, but those gold rims gots to go! Not on an Indy. At least you have two more sets to chose from, huh?

------------------

Purple 1988 GT
Supercharged 3800 Series II V6

Best ET with 3.4 pulley-13.21@102mph

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Great Find; a nice way to make up for the mishap with the Formula.

Was this one of the "real" Indy pace cars or did someone add the Super Duty?

PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
WOW that is Incredible Rob!. Can't wait too see it in person, I should be by your way soon.

Glad to see you guys had an uneventful trip this time.

Beautiful car, absolutely beautiful!

------------------

1988GT T-Tops, 5spd, Loaded

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
holy sh*t... hey rob, you need an extra testicle by any chance?

jscott, someone added that superduty, if it were real, i think rob would have had to sell his house to pay for it

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed
16 years old and already selling my stuff to pay for repairs to my Fiero...which i sold my stuff to buy in the first place

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
you don't want to know the price
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
WOW! Sweet Indy!
I have a bunch of questions as I am sure everyone else does as well.
These rims:

I have seen these before. Are these truck rims? I saw a set at chases autosalvage once and considered getting them for my Indy, but passed as I didn't think they were close enough in looks to the actual pace car rims for the money.
The speedo is interesting. I am assuming that it is a mod of some kind? If so, do you know where they got that from? That is awesome!
You have the original engine that came with it?, so the original owner obviously opted to swap it with an SD4 way back when. Do you know what the actual mileage is on either engine? Or did they swap the 2.5 out right off the bat so the original engine has almost no mileage on it at all. If so, then the original engine has even lower mileage.

See, just a "few" questions

Steve

edited as I figured out the tranny question

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 04-14-2003).]

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
its an automatic . Is it just me or do those other rims look like they would stick out to far?
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
by looking at the pics of the engine, You can see the side cover of the auto.

Nice find. Not too bad for a 4 banger
But Your supposed to be working on the dirty rat.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com Support Mental Health, or I'll Kill Ya's!!
Yellow Formula Signature

• 88 Yellow FORMULA-undergoing ZZ3 350 with Accel 1000CFM Street Ram TPI and Gen VI DFI=345HP/390TQ
  • chevy S10 Parts Fetcher-undergoing Stock roller cam 350 with TBI
  • 87SE V6 auto-L4 to V6 done, Daily Driver
  • My Shower Cam
Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperDirect Link to This Post
Very nice find chester.

Soaper

Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
simply amazing... i have nothing else to say...

-Coop

------------------

" -Hey mom, can i get some ice cream?
-No Dice
-This aint Ova"

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Yup, an auto. Didn't see it right away:
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
thats badass, my new favorite

------------------
Rich
97 Eclipse 17lbs. of boost on the Rad, Bad t-25
92 325i-- intake, exhaust, and suspension
White 86 SE V6-- WCF 2" drop springs, coil-overs, KYb's

PFF
System Bot
Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
Wow! what a find! Congrats

------------------

Real Sports Cars, Dont Have Cup Holders!

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Wow, very impressive. It seems so plain just taking a look at it nobody would EVER suspect it's got the superduke in it! I'm very surprised somebody spent all that money on the (admittedly badass) superduke and didn't do a bunch of other stuff to the car.

I've got questions on a couple of things, hopefully you can help us out. First of all, was the tach a factory option back when or is that custom made? Also, I've never seen these wheels:

Do you have any info about the wheels as far as size, offset, company, or if they're even obtainable anymore. I know the other wheels you've got there are supposed to be basically impossible to find (especially in that kind of shape!!!) anymore.

You must've spent a good chunk of dough on that car, but it is one heck of a package! Too bad it's an auto...heh, I'd have that thing swapped in a jiffy, but that's just me.

Thanks, looking forward to more info! What're your plans for the car?

Bryce
88 GT

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
To heck with the tach, the stinkin speedo goes up to 150 MPH, drooooooooooool.
Sweet ride, hope you drive it and have fun, please don't let it be a trailer queen.

------------------

PBJ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NOS3800:

What are the odds of finding somthing like that!

The guy who owns one up here has done alot of research and has told me that only 5 true Indy fiero were made with the special engine, the 8000 rpm tach is what I look for to see.

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
WOW!... Just, WOW!

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/031255.html
*** UPDATED 1/24/03 ***

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Whew! Got a couple of hours sleep so feeling mucho better . OK to answer some of the questions from earlier in the thread;

Where did I find this jewel you ask?
It was listed on Fiero Pride, our club web site as an "Indy Puzzle". The price was listed in the ad. Cost of the car was $2500 complete plus travel expenses !

Was the Super Duty added by the owner?
Yes.

The centerline rims, are those truck rims?
Not sure but they are the closest you can get to the original style Indy rims. Two of them are 9" wide and two are 10" wide.

Are the gauges something the owner installed?
Yes, as far as I know the gauges were an add on that the owner installed. I got a box of documentation with the car. Did I mention that I bought it from the original owner of both, the car and the Super Duty?

Do you know the original mileage off either engine?
Yes! The original iron duke has the 18,976 miles on it. (and will be offered for sale ) The Super Duty has two race seasons in autocross on it. The owner told me that he "Never really got into it" because of the investment. So it’s pretty much FRESH. The Webber side draft carbs were just rebuilt and the inside of the motor is as clean or cleaner then the outside!

Do you have any info about the wheels as far as size, offset, company, or if they're even obtainable anymore.
All I know about these rims is that they are Riken's and I'm pretty sure they're not made any more. I'll have to dig today in the documentation to see if there is anything about them in there.

Is that Super Duty a streetable version or race only?
Well I think this is subjective. The car will not run on anything less then 105 octane racing gas (12.8:1 compression) but I feel that it will see some street time... I'll scan and post the actual motor build sheet for those interested in the internals of the engine. It comes complete with forged crank, rods and pistons. Titanium valves and retainers. Hehehe, looks like its almost nitrous ready except for the compression ratio...
Whew...I think that cover the questions so far.

Stay tuned for some more pictures of the "Gravy" soon!

Rob D.

------------------

No motor - Soon to be a bottle fed 383 V8
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated! www.dirtyratracing.org

fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob , As if you didn't know it , but you got yourself one hell of a deal for $2500 . Best of Luck with your new addition to the family . Absolutely unbeleaveable !

Galen Smith
Red 85 Sport Coupe
Founder of Suncoast Fiero Club
Florida Fiero Council

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
id give you $5,000 for it TODAY!!! how about a 97 Eclipse?

------------------
Rich
97 Eclipse 17lbs. of boost on the Rad, Bad t-25
92 325i-- intake, exhaust, and suspension
White 86 SE V6-- WCF 2" drop springs, coil-overs, KYb's

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Rob- that's an awesome find. And in such excellent shape!

As for the gold wheels, what size are they? I might be interested in them if you're not planning on keeping them

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

Yes! The original iron duke has the 18,976 miles on it. (and will be offered for sale

Rob D.

E-mail sent

PFF
System Bot
Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
WOW!! This is incredible ! WHAT A FIND! And for $2500 bucks???!

You are one lucky dude. I can only imagine how you felt getting this baby home.

I know, jealousy is a sin...

------------------

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
Wow. I have to go change my pants now. Very nice Indy.
blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Beautyful car, can't wait to see it, and by the way i want a ride in that baby!!!!!!!

------------------

Savagery

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SavageryClick Here to visit Savagery's HomePageSend a Private Message to SavageryDirect Link to This Post
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! $2500?!?!?!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
105 octane racing gas. Jebus that's a lot of money to drive that baby around.

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3.4L

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2003 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
Can i nominate that for the nicest notchback?
vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2003 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogDirect Link to This Post
OOOOHHHH!!!! I got to come see!!!!PLEASE PLEASE!!
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2003 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

E-mail sent

Email received. Will get back to you when we roll back into town. Off to get the Formula in the AM (it is AM!) via Va Beach. Should be free Saturday or Sunday.

Rob D.

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2003 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by Oneredfiero:

Can i nominate that for the nicest notchback?

Sure

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock