Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What happend to the guy that had the 6" Chop Top?? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What happend to the guy that had the 6" Chop Top?? by Falcon Fiero
Started on: 12-30-2002 12:41 PM
Replies: 80
Last post by: fieroman_5000 on 02-25-2003 12:00 AM
Falcon Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Remember that a while back?? It was a red coupe....REALLY low chop top?? Anyone?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 12-30-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
I dug this out of the archives to refresh your memory: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20020825-1-016703.html

------------------

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiDirect Link to This Post
I think he's in the hospital with some sort of neck strain...doctors say it's grim

------------------
------------------------

Visit my website at http://members.rogers.com/jrossi
E-mail me with any questions at steven.rossi@rogers.com

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I think the guy got fed up with all the negative criticism and left the forum.

Personally I liked was he was doing and hope that he is still lurking among us and will post some up to date pictures. That would be one mean looking coupe if he finished it.

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
You can't stop thinking about choptops once you get bitten by the bug..........Are you ready to buy it back yet??

------------------

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
You thinking of selling??
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of "Whatever happen to that choptop," what about the black one that was chopped and stretched like 4 inches? It was black and called "Inferno." I have tried a few times to located this car and no one seems to have a clue. He was part of one of the Texas clubs for a while, the San Antonio one I beleive?

------------------
'87GT 6" Drop, Can you say "Bagged"? Pictures and Details Coming Soon!

'87 blue cp- Yah!
'91 Eclipse- Lowered 2.5"

fieros only

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Slammed, there was never one like that in the San Antonio club....maybe that will help you narrow your search.
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
WOW! I hope that car gets finished. That would look scary as hell with GT bumpers and side skirts.

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Well, I just emailed him the link to this page- also inviting him to stop back by and give us an update on his project! Let's just hope he is still using his listed email address!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
That car will look sweet as hell! So if your reading this, come back.

PS Falcon.. I am Lucid Dreemre

PFF
System Bot
LT-5Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT-5FieroSend a Private Message to LT-5FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierce_gt:

WOW! I hope that car gets finished. That would look scary as hell with GT bumpers and side skirts.

Yup, one of my friends said for him to lower it to give it that street cruise missile look...

------------------
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2M4
Soon to become the LT-5 powered Pontiac Fiero ZR

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
I agree, If he leveled the roof a little it would look good. The higher 4cyl bumpers and stock ride hight make it look like a wagon. Lowering it and GT body updates would make it look awsome. If I were to chop mine I would probably not go that low though. I'm also 6'2". Great job for his first body mod ever though.
Steve
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLAMMED87GT:

Speaking of "Whatever happen to that choptop," what about the black one that was chopped and stretched like 4 inches? It was black and called "Inferno." I have tried a few times to located this car and no one seems to have a clue. He was part of one of the Texas clubs for a while, the San Antonio one I beleive?

do you have a pic at all or a more detailed description? might answer a question for me.

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
I was thinkin of this car a few weeks ago too, thanks for bringin it up, maybe we can get an update!

------------------

My Car

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post
The roof is crooked.

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

LT1 Conversion has begun......

JeffMN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeffMNSend a Private Message to JeffMNDirect Link to This Post
That car is seriously cool! I can't imagine driving it though because I'm already out of headroom.

Every year I go to the NHRA drag races in Brainerd, MN. You'll find lots of wierd things driving around the campground of the race track. Last year a guy turned up at the track with an honest-to-god street legal 'barc-o-lounger' that would do somewhere over the speed limit. Funniest thing I ever saw. It looked like Archie Bunker's recliner going down the highway. It had a reading lamp on one side and a magazine rack on the other. It had a seatbelt just like a car. Turn signals on the corners, headlights, full brakes. The driving position was literally like sitting in the chair and driving down the highway.

That being said--I'm sure this car is street legal---as long as it's got a seatbelt and brake lights.

I hope you finish this project! It's too unique not too!

-Jeff
85GT

Santa Cruzer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2002 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Santa CruzerSend a Private Message to Santa CruzerDirect Link to This Post
I can admire the labour,but It was done very sloppy the front is too high and the rear is on an angle to the right.

Not my piece of cake

------------------
1986 Fiero SE
www.2m6performance.tk
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 411 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper Edelbrock intakes, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fu*kin' muscle!

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2002 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Santa Cruzer:

I can admire the labour,but It was done very sloppy the front is too high and the rear is on an angle to the right.

Not my piece of cake

This brings up a small thing I don't like about the choptop conversions. The roof slants back and dips in behind the sunroof area. I realize to correct it, the pillars would need to be shortened by about 2 inches in the windshield and a new windshield made which would severely add to the cost.

------------------
Trevor Hughes
Fight Bill 241-If it happens in Ontario-the rest will be easy!

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2002 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
All Fiero roof slope down at the back to meet the rear clip section, look closely.

T-Top's it's more noticeable, and choptops enhance that detail even more.

------------------

1988GT T-Tops, 5spd, Loaded

RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2003 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
yes the chop is done and painted ,i won best use of glass in her first show and a modern custom at her second ..but can't figure how to post pic's again
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2003 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
email them to me and I will post them
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2003 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Email 'em to me and I'll happily post!

Ben@cartsys.com

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2003 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
Ohh please email them to me and I'll post them!! carder_cory@hotmail.com
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2003 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post

CoryFiero

4341 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Bump, im excited!
RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2003 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
I just e-mailed 2 pics to the person that forwarded me the link asking about my car i'll sent more..thaks for the response and the car is fun to drive a i get a lot of loks when ever i take her for a spin working on v-8 for her right now
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2003 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I hope these pics get posted soon...I'm getting all tingly with excitement!
red-n-tan '86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2003 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red-n-tan '86Send a Private Message to red-n-tan '86Direct Link to This Post
C'mon! Post those pics! Or e-mail them to me!
RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2003 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
so here's an update she ended up with 5 inch chop from roof line and 2 inch from front suspension.she is coated in bright red by du pont with blk trim with blk and red leather seat cover ..thanks for the interest makes me want to work on her more i was going to start another project and let her sit thanks Ronald
2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2003 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessDirect Link to This Post
Alrighty, now that we're all dying to see how your car turned out...where's the pics?

------------------
Jeff
AOL IM : Only2xsess

iwanna3.4dohc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2003 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iwanna3.4dohcSend a Private Message to iwanna3.4dohcDirect Link to This Post
alright, whoever has those pics better post them right now before i open up a can of whoop@$$
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2003 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Hehe... I was the one that sent him the link (see, it does pay to use that "email this to a friend" tool every now and then).

Here they are!

Nice work! And thanks for stopping back by with the update.

Later-
Rob Bartlett
"MinnGreenGT"

iwanna3.4dohc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2003 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iwanna3.4dohcSend a Private Message to iwanna3.4dohcDirect Link to This Post
looks great
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2003 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
thats awesome! I say get the GT bumpers and lower it, but maybe I'm partial to GT's
--Bryson
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2003 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post
In order to really get that sleek low profile look (ya, I know, he already chopped 5" off the roof! ), it needs to be lowered at LEAST 3" and a set of 17s or better to set it off.

Doesn't look so bad now that it is painted though!

------------------
'87GT 6" Drop, Can you say "Bagged"? Pictures and Details Coming Soon!

'87 blue cp- Yah!
'91 Eclipse- Lowered 2.5"

fieros only

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2003 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Great Work Mr. Jones!! Look's ALOT better now that it's painted. What did you use for the side window's?? Are you planning on lowering, wheel's, etc.?? Come on dude, give us some info..LOL

Again, Look's great and glad to see you back!

Smooth!!

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com
Have you RATED me today??
3.4DOHC SWAP in near future

RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2003 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
tanks agian for the interest .the windsheild is stock the rear glass is flat 2 layer saftey glass and the sides are lexan they slide in door and close at top with 2 aluminum levers but police here say they are to dark to use at night so i usally drive with drivers side out..also i noticed a thread starting on doors i'm already working on a design and frame for gull wings on mine ..door is in the way a bit when getting in..will keep up dated..does anyone have a v-8 kit there not using at a resonable price
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2003 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work! I really admire your craftmanship. Are you planning on lowering her at all. The v8 will make it as fast as it looks. I wonder if the aerodynamics are better now.

Could someone with PS lower and add rims?

Cory

r@venfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2003 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for r@venfieroSend a Private Message to r@venfieroDirect Link to This Post
Looks great, but I think that I agree about it needing at least 17's and a significant drop! Lookin' sharp though!
Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2003 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
I'm suprised someone hasn't already photoshopped a drop and some 17's.

(What do you bet somebody does now)

Anybody have the skills to graft a GT facia onto there?

------------------

Nobody likes a loser, be a cheater.
Everyone has a happy glow
Let's dance in blood and pretend it's snow
Even Mao Tse-Tung is under the spell
It's Christmas time in Hell

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page