Need flush mount headlights asap!! by want a fiero
Started on: 09-18-2002 09:50 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: want a fiero on 09-19-2002 08:32 PM
want a fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for want a fieroSend a Private Message to want a fieroDirect Link to This Post
I got In a wreck and the insurence is giving me $1200-$1800 , I do not have any lights right know, I am tired of the pop-up ones, I will need them with in two weeks, Can you tell me where I can get them. Thanks.

------------------
1987 gt, 5-speed, 1.5''drop , polybushings, sway bars 17'' o.z wheels, speedway brake kit, sony explode, true duel exhaust ,short-stick, hypertech chip, koni shocks blk/blk paint

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
try here.
http://www.fieroproject.com/tom

------------------
Red 1986 Fiero GT

vortecfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
one question.......
are they legal ?

------------------
84 Fiero Phantom GT :D
Vortec 4300 CPI 5 spd.
Best ET 14.4 @ 95 mph
Go'in turbo

want a fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for want a fieroSend a Private Message to want a fieroDirect Link to This Post
Are toms the only ones out there?

------------------
1987 gt, 5-speed, 1.5''drop , polybushings, sway bars 17'' o.z wheels, speedway brake kit, sony explode, true duel exhaust ,short-stick, hypertech chip, koni shocks blk/blk paint

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Tom's are currently the only setup really available like that. I know of one other in the works, but no idea on availability (or even how to contact the guy).

As to the question of legality... want the long answer or the short one?

Long Answer: Well, the light fixtures are technically DOT approved (but driving lights, not headlights). The bulbs that are included in the kit are 55w- which is a legal value for street headlights. Although most of us with the kits replace the 55w bulbs with 100 or even 130w bulbs (this is not really legal). The height of the fixture is questionable. Due the the fixtures being driving lights- the light pattern is questionable. etc... etc... (you get the idea).

The short answer: No. Use at your own risk.

I am certainly not going to tell anyone to use or not to use these fixtures. I have them on my car- and it's just one of the many "questionable" mods on the car (OK, so there's illegal stuff there...). So if you're really concerned about the legal aspect (or if your car is required to go through an inspection)- this is probably not the mod for you. Get it?

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2002 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
well..
funny you ask about legal..I was pulled over last night by a bad ass trooper in wisconsin..he sat in his car for over 20 minutes..came to my car and told me my tailights were illegal and I HAD TO PAY $125.80 on the spot..he then goes over my car, tells me my exhaust is legal(it is legal) tells me to take dice off rear window(legal) and to get my front plate on..(bracket unavailable).. walks to the front of my car and says he likes my taillights...mmm no ticket for illegal headlights.....This wa in wis and I am fighting the fine and the warnings....

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
86, not sure if I understood all your post or not, but this may help.
In most states, if you have functional side-view mirrors, you aren't required to have an interior rear-view mirror and can completely blank-out your rear window if you like. so, if the dice were "on the rear window"...they're completely legal in most places.

------------------
Wanted: 1988 Fiero Formula 5sp!

dosed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dosedClick Here to visit dosed's HomePageSend a Private Message to dosedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86seyellow:
I HAD TO PAY $125.80 on the spot

Umm, since when is THAT legal?

- dosed

want a fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for want a fieroSend a Private Message to want a fieroDirect Link to This Post
AHHHH, I have alreaqdy e-mailed hom 3 times!!! I need thes soon, I do not have any lights know!!

------------------

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Better plan on a wait. I don't think tom has them "in-stock". He makes them when you ask . I THINK... why won't the stock ones work? just "rig"them up to turn on and off with the switch and keep them up! THEN get with the rest of us with the flush mounts!

------------------

want a fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for want a fieroSend a Private Message to want a fieroDirect Link to This Post
Are these the only flush mount head lights out there???

------------------

PFF
System Bot
86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2002 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
i am currently working with someone on some similar to toms,, minngreen saw them, they will be fiberglass pans ans use oldsomible headlights...

they are not ready to market yet, nor have we got the price yet

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by want a fiero:
Are these the only flush mount head lights out there???

Missed that from the 1st line of my 1st post in this thread, huh?

Tom's are currently the only setup really available like that. I know of one other in the works, but no idea on availability (or even how to contact the guy).

So basically. Yes, Tom is the only current supplier of those lights. GS Custom used to supply those as well, but I believe that he "got out of Fieros" awhile back.

Ferrari Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari FanClick Here to visit Ferrari Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ferrari FanDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ferrari Fan:
//www.fiero.nl/uploads/imgs2003/FRONT_LIGHTS_I_1.JPG //www.fiero.nl/uploads/imgs2003/FRONT_LIGHTS_II_1.jpg

Like I mentioned... I believe that GS Custom no longer dealing in Fieros (which is where those came from). I'm don't even think the website exists anymore either!

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 09-19-2002).]

Ferrari Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari FanClick Here to visit Ferrari Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ferrari FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Like I mentioned... I believe that GS Custom no longer dealing in Fieros (which is where those came from). I'm don't even think the website exists anymore either!

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 09-19-2002).]

As far as I know, he will still do work on Fiero's. I don't know if he still has those lights or not. I haven't been there in about 2-3 months. The lights look good, but you have to watch Gary.... I think some of us have had some bad dealings with him....

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post
This is the only other one I know of that has not been posted.

I didn't say you would like them but, maybe you will.

PISA http://www.cybercars.com/fierohq.html

Gator Headlights are $89.00 + shipping.
Front hood scoops $195.00 + shipping.
Fino

------------------

Fino www.edstephens.net
Member National Kit Car Club www.kitcarclub.com

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 09-19-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 09-19-2002).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
How about this set?

------------------
Frank

Space Coast Fieros -> Florida Fiero Council

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 09-19-2002).]

want a fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for want a fieroSend a Private Message to want a fieroDirect Link to This Post
I am ready to by a pair from toms, but he will not respond to my e-mail! But I was thinking that it would not be hard to make some, what do you think it would take??? thanks

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock