Started on: 08-16-2002 01:46 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: danny boy on 08-17-2002 10:49 PM
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Would I even have a chance or would he spank me?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierokid87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
If you know how to drive you may be even with him. but there is no way you can beat him.

------------------
Fierokid's Web site:
V-6 Swap 1987 Blue Fiero sport coupe
AIM: Fierokid87

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
HMMM? I am a good driver. No autocross champion, but I can shift with the best of these ricer punks. I have my doubts though because I am told its the torque on our 2.8's that gets us our advantage off the line, but when I hit second gear I lose power. First is real torqie then second I lose my momentum. I have the isuzu 5 speed. I guess thats just the gearing though?
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
yeah gearing also has to d with it.
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Damn it! I wonder if the 6 cyl needs a longer 1st gear. Thats probably it. If I drop into 2nd at about 3.5 to 4 RPM's I lose momentum in second. Must be the gears.
crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post
fieromaster88 beat a gst eclipse last year so if you know how to drive you have a chance
banditbalz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for banditbalzClick Here to visit banditbalz's HomePageSend a Private Message to banditbalzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:
Damn it! I wonder if the 6 cyl needs a longer 1st gear. Thats probably it. If I drop into 2nd at about 3.5 to 4 RPM's I lose momentum in second. Must be the gears.

Get yourself a Muncie. Longest first gear ratio of all the stick tranny's. Possibly the strongest as well. It's won me thousands of races. To be honest, I wish my first gear was even longer...

vassago12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vassago12Send a Private Message to vassago12Direct Link to This Post
I own an 88GT as well as an 91 turbo eclipse. I can say from experiance that you dont have a chance. Even with perfect shifting. Ask the guy for a two car length head start.

P.S I love my fiero way more then the Eclipse, so at least if you loose you can say your car looks better.

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Yup you're toast.
I had a 90 Turbo Eclipse. I love my fiero but the Eclipse was hands down the faster car I would never dream of taking my Fiero up to 130.
fieroman84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman84Send a Private Message to fieroman84Direct Link to This Post
I know of a person who destroyed a gst at the track the other day with his 2.8, the eclipse ran a low 15 and with the 2.8 that person ran a 14.58. Although the gst did spin the tires through first as expected.
fieroman84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman84Send a Private Message to fieroman84Direct Link to This Post

fieroman84

485 posts
Member since Mar 2002
PFF
System Bot
vassago12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vassago12Send a Private Message to vassago12Direct Link to This Post
Is it AWD?
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2002 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
1G eclipses ARE the fastest of the bunch. If the turbo is TIRED then you can TOTALY get him because she will be laggin on boost! However if she has a strong turbo OR upgraded one... Your Ass Is Grass!
Sorry bro... Love my Fieros and my DSM's! (Fiero most of coarse)
Had a 97 GSX, have a 92 GS, Girlfriend has a 95 GS-T

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better"

~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
85GT Fastback ~ Powered By A 4G63 Turbo Eclipse Engine!
& 97 Eclipse GSX, 92 Eclipse GS

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2002 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Damn! My friends liitle brother was talking sh&% about how he could whip me in his Turbo Eclipse and I said lets go find out but that didnt happen cause he was drunk and I didn't want him driving around drunk, but the point is I guess he was right. We'll find out for real in a few days though on Rte 9. (long stretch of highway)
88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2002 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formulaClick Here to visit 88formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88formulaDirect Link to This Post
Why don't you guys take you street racing to the track where it is legal and safer instead of racing on the street and putting innocent peoples lives in danger. \

Better yet tell me when and were you are going to race and I’ll let the local authorities know so you get what you deserve.

------------------

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2002 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
"Better yet tell me when and were you are going to race and I’ll let the local authorities know so you get what you deserve."

No need to be rude! I am a grown man and can take care of myself. I don't need mommy teachin me the good book anymore. J/K

Formula don't worry this is a long very roomy stretch of highway that people have a tendency to step on the gas while driving on. It'll just be coincidence when I do it while a turbo eclipse happens to be in the lane on the side of me.

P.S. no animals were harmed during the making of this reply!

vassago12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2002 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vassago12Send a Private Message to vassago12Direct Link to This Post
I thought this forum's purpose was to spread info on the fiero, not to ***** about street racing. I am sure everyone on this forum has mashed the gas at least once on public roads.
vassago12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2002 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vassago12Send a Private Message to vassago12Direct Link to This Post

vassago12

86 posts
Member since Aug 2002
You can't say bit*h on the forum, its just a female dog.
88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2002 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formulaClick Here to visit 88formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88formulaDirect Link to This Post
Well I don't mean to be rude! I know I was rude but the street racing thing really gets me going. Even though you’re racing on a straight stretch of road and you feel like you are in control the fact that you are racing someone going way over the speed limit puts other motorists in danger. There is always that chance that you might cause an accident because you were going 90 mph and couldn't stop in time when if you were going 55 mph. If you are going 55 mph than you might have had a chance to react and avoid the accident.

I almost go killed by some punk’s street racing while I was crossing the street. If it weren't for my friend yelling to me I would probably not be here typing this right now. I often see motorists racing at the light in front of my house and sometimes it seems like they are going 100 mph. The speed limit is 35 mph.

So when and where are you going to race again? What town is it in? Maybe I should have asked you before I opened my mouth. O-well.

[This message has been edited by 88formula (edited 08-17-2002).]

danny boy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2002 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for danny boySend a Private Message to danny boyDirect Link to This Post
Just run him and find out. Run him short, like just to 60. he'll more than likely pull away on the top end.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock