Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Things you don't want to see when you walk up to your Fiero (or any car of yours)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Things you don't want to see when you walk up to your Fiero (or any car of yours) by 87GTBro
Started on: 07-20-2002 01:51 AM
Replies: 31
Last post by: RWDPLZ on 07-22-2002 05:24 PM
87GTBro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post

While watching a movie at the theater with friends, a juvy decided to give me a present in the form of a rock!

Nothing was stolen, but I am pissed at the lack of respect kids have these days for people and property.

The police know who did it, but say there is most likely nothing that can be done since the perpetrators are underage. As you can imagine I am a little pissed off right now. I just wanted someone else to be pissed off with me...

------------------

[This message has been edited by 87GTBro (edited 07-22-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
If you know who did it, epoxy their doors and windows shut..

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I found that exact same thing before, only it was on the inside of the car. and so was the windshield. and the dash was torn apart, stereo gone, interior trashed and full of water (it had been raining)

wing was snapped in half, f***ers used a crowbar on everything they could, the car was trashed.. and then they stole it later that day.

ah, memories of my first fiero.

------------------
steve@digitalfusion.on.ca
http://www.fieroproject.com

87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaRkLoRD:
I found that exact same thing before, only it was on the inside of the car. and so was the windshield. and the dash was torn apart, stereo gone, interior trashed and full of water (it had been raining)

wing was snapped in half, f***ers used a crowbar on everything they could, the car was trashed.. and then they stole it later that day.

Thanks Darklord. That makes me feel a little better... The officer wouldn't give any names, for the juvenile's sake. (Not that I would do anything to him)

Does anyone besides the GBCT have plexiglass windows???? If that is an option, I don't want this to ever happen again.

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
If I remember right, isn't there a law in Texas where the parents are responsible for what the underage children do when it damages property? I know Florida was the same way. My brother used his BB Gun to shoot out all the windows in the house next door while it was for sale.

They pressed charges against my parents for what my brother did. We settled out of court, but the parents are ultimately responsible. I suggest you consult a lawyer.
Have a police report filed, with the kid or kids named as the perpetrator(s) and then seek legal advice.
You may get full reimbursement from the parents.

87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
They pressed charges against my parents for what my brother did. We settled out of court, but the parents are ultimately responsible. I suggest you consult a lawyer.
Have a police report filed, with the kid or kids named as the perpetrator(s) and then seek legal advice.
You may get full reimbursement from the parents.

I'll spend more money talking to a lawyer for 10 minutes than the window is worth. Besides, I have an extra driver's side door that I can swap out. I will do that tomorrow after work.

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
OK. Just some advice.. We ended up paying the legal fees on it because of my brother... So, there is a possibility of getting everything covered. Imagine the hell the kid or kids will go through when their parents are forking out 6 or 7 grand for a 100 dollar window after all the legal fees..
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Wankers........simple as that.

Sorry for your damage.

------------------

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Press charges if you dont they will just do it again.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
wouldnt it be sweet if kidnappers took those kinds of kids instead.

Id still be tempted to wack the kid in the side of the head with a baseball bat!!

radddio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for radddioSend a Private Message to radddioDirect Link to This Post
I just wonder if forum flamers and those who slamm other peoples cars are these same little rat bastards all grown up.
PFF
System Bot
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
that really gets me they can do that to your car and if you catch them and beat the crap out of them you go to jail

if they do stuff like that they deserve to get the crap beat out of them

but I think they should have laws everywhere as mentioned above, the parents are responsible. I mean come on these kids know they are underage and can't get in trouble thats crap.

hopefully it doesn't happen again

------------------
-KC

1988 Formula, 3.4 modded 5spd, 75 NX

Mike Murphy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2002 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
Also the parents have homeowners insurance and if they are under the age of 18 most policies will pay for it under the liability coverage. It's an easy way for them to pay it but it may vary by state. Call your insurance agent and ask him.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2002 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
If the cops know who did it, press charges. It may not go to court, but at the very least it should get them into hot water with their parents. Don't just let them get away with it!
Tagueule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2002 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TagueuleDirect Link to This Post
Back when I lived in Chicago and had an 86SE I spent the night at a girls apartment which was in a very Puerto Rican neighborhood.

When I came out the next morning my wing had been ripped right off the decklid leaving some ugly holes.

I just know that wing is somewhere mounted on the back of a mid 80's Cutlass.

[This message has been edited by Tagueule (edited 07-21-2002).]

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2002 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
The exact same thing happened to me the day I was going to put it away for the winter, only the rock hit the back part of the window and busted my fastback window also. Talk about being pi$$ed!! Those aren't cheap!

------------------
Member MN Fieros Forever 1986 GT self installed SC3800/getrag almost everything performance wise is modified/upgraded, inside and out.

Dude16
No longer registered
Report this Post07-21-2002 11:06 PM   Send a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GTBro:

While watching a movie at the theater with friends, a juvy decided to give me a present in the form of a rock!

Nothing was stolen, but I am pissed at the lack of respect kids have these days for people and property.

The police know who did it, but say there is most likely nothing that can be done since the perpetrators are underage. As you can imagine I am a little pissed off right now. I just wanted someone else to be pissed off with me...

hahahahha, thats hilarious

scrotum_pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
User Banned

Report this Post07-21-2002 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrotum_patSend a Private Message to scrotum_patDirect Link to This Post
Hey dude16, I wasnt going to say anything to you, but im pissed now. Pull your damn head out your ass and piss of you wanker. G into your piece of **** car and drive into a tree. I hope you crash and die you pice of crap.
FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
Dude16, I thought you were cool for about 2 seconds......wait, no I didn't. You're an idiot because you know you're pissing people off and you keep doing it for kicks. You obviously need something else to occupy your time like a girlfriend or a job. Ha ha.

------------------

AIM: FieroMGDriver My Fiero Page

87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post
*bump*
JEDI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JEDISend a Private Message to JEDIDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about the window. At least they didn't get your body panels.

Alright...it's about time Dude16 was banned.

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I think someone should contact Dud16's ISP and tell them what he is doing. This will get him banned from internet access.
87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post
Just find out his IP next time he is online and we can send him all kinds of stuff!!!
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
man the valley is rough !!! (note to self..no rallies in the valley) lol
Maybe we CAN rally down there and kick some young punks a$$. run them over with the cars then I will scoop them up with my air dam!!

Sorry dude.

87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
man the valley is rough !!! (note to self..no rallies in the valley) lol
Maybe we CAN rally down there and kick some young punks a$$. run them over with the cars then I will scoop them up with my air dam!!

Sorry dude.

LOL... I am contacting the officer today... To file charges...

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
That SUCKS about your car, man. I know the feeling...happenned to me twice - and a lot of guys here have had similiar situations..

I mean this MOST SINCERELY:

"We feel your pain"

My car is currently stuck with a broken windshield (tree limb), and overheats too quickly for me to get it to a glass place.

CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to here that.. Keep us updated on the situation about pressing charges.

Cory

87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post
Well, I called the PD this morning and the report has not been submitted yet. Officers have 5 days to turn in their reports. (Stupid me didn't get the officer's name) But he was the only one assigned as security for the movie theater that night.

So they said to check back tomorrow.

I am glad that officer was there. He parked his unmarked car not too far from mine and guarded the car after the incident until I got out of the show. (To make sure nobody tries to take anything from the car with a busted window)

If and when I find the officer's name, I think I am going to put in a good word for him with his boss!

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiDirect Link to This Post
Thats horrible man. I hope that everything works out on getting that replaced!

how much do you think it will cost?!

------------------
Steven Rossi
2M4 to GT conversion underway

87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post
I already got it replaced. I had an extra door, so I replaced the whole door, glass and all. I just swapped door skins.

I got quotes for the window and they all ran around $150

Didn't cost me a penny, but they are going to pay anyway

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:
My car is currently stuck with a broken windshield (tree limb), and overheats too quickly for me to get it to a glass place.

many auto glass people will come to your location. check your phone book
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
There are only a few possible reasons he wouldn't have helped press charges:
1. Was his kid(s)
2. They were the kids of someone who directly or indirectly puts out his paycheck
3. He was really tired and didn't feel like putting up with it/ the paperwork.
We feel your pain. Good luck!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock