Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Eau Claire AND LaCrosse WI Come on and all you all, Race weekend is coming UP!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Eau Claire AND LaCrosse WI Come on and all you all, Race weekend is coming UP! by RacinRob
Started on: 06-27-2002 09:17 AM
Replies: 19
Last post by: FieroGal on 08-05-2002 07:11 PM
RacinRob

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2002 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
OK the Coulee Region Fiero club invites you to race weekend. This will consist of Drag Racing on Saturday, yes that is right saturday August 3rd. There are two requrements a muffler and a helmet. They are pretty lax on the helmet, it just needs to be dot appoved. It costs a mere $35 and if they run it like last time (and I am sure they will) you will have at least 5 runs. Directions to the track can be found at: http://www.rockfallsraceway.com/

Next August 4th is the Auto Cross put on by the SCCA at the track in La Crosse. Cost is probably $30 for nonmebers and $25 for members. Directions to the event will be posted soon.

Both races are a lot of fun, I have done both and they are a blast. Not only are they fun. I learned more about driving a RWD car in 5 minutes at the Auto Cross then I have learned in my last twelve months driving. And there is a lot to be learned about take offs at the drag track.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2002 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Well the La Crosse SCCA site doesn't have any 2002 stuff on the website yet, but here's information on an event last year. Everything should be the same except the date is now August 4th:

http://www.scca-lol.org/solo/01/LAX1/Event.htm

They usually get 5 timed runs. This course is on an oval track and tends to be faster than parking lot events. I had to shift into 3rd 3 places on the course at the last event, which means I was going over 60.

[This message has been edited by DRH (edited 06-27-2002).]

RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2002 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
bump....
FieroGal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2002 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGalSend a Private Message to FieroGalDirect Link to This Post
oh, there's the post... was looking to bump this one too....
I plan on being there, hopefully i will get those days off like I requested. Sounds like it will be fun. Kinda wish i was at the auto cross event in Eau Claire though, sounds like you guys had fun.

Hopefully a few other people can make it to one of the events if not both... From what Ron told me, people were impressed to see 3 fieros at autocrossing, now if we had even more....

RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2002 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
ok, so no one races around here..... guys in the cities it's less then two hours to eau claire. It is bracket racing so it's driver skills and not how fast the car is.
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2002 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
If I get this clutch fixed I like to try running both 1/4 and autocross. Sounds like a lot of fun. I also roadrace sportbikes. Your right, you learn more in 5 minutes of racing than you ever could on the street.
Hope to see ya there.

------------------
Member MN Fieros Forever 1986 GT self installed 1994SC3800/getrag almost everything performance wise is modified/upgraded, inside and out.

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2002 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Next August 4th is the Auto Cross put on by the SCCA at the track in La Crosse.

Now that's something I haven't tried yet

Tina

86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2002 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
Everyoen in the area is invited, We will show the community that fieros can whoop some A**.. I will be at both events, as I am now the chairman of the Coulees. I hope everyoen within a 60 to 100 mile radius thinks aboout particiapating in at least one event...
Tina, I hope to see you at least one event, fierogal will be doing both.

------------------

3..1-custom side and door scoops-Flush Mount eEadlights-Custom Yellow and Black Leather Interior-Nothign will be sotck soon!!!!!
Chairman of COulee Region Fieros OF Wisconsin and Minneosta
Coulee Region Fieros - http://couleefieros.tripod.com

RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2002 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
bumpity bump.
I will be there if I have my car fixed.... %&$*#&%$(*&%(*^&#(*&@)(*$*&%&%ing clutchs
RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2002 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
Car is fixed, I'll be there.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2002 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of autocrossing. Anyone know who own's the 87/88 White coupe.. looked like it was running 16's+ and was marked with a "CS" on the side? Spotted him in Brooklyn Park on Wed? night.
PFF
System Bot
RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2002 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
Directions to the dragrace.

From 94

Take 94 to the HWY 37 exit. Take a Left at the end of the off ramp. Go 2.6 miles on HWY 37. Take a right onto HWY 85. Go 5.3 miles to Luer Grocery. On you will need to take your next left. It is less then a ¼ mile from the store, there is a white arrow pointing left that says Rockfalls raceway. Go up this road 1 mile (it isn’t labeled but I think that it is 190th. After .3 miles and a big hill take a right onto 1000th. Go up this road .3 miles, and you can’t miss it

If you aren't coming in on 94 let me know I will get you directions

86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2002 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
Well,

I am very excited to run Yello86 thru the autocross and the track that weekend.
I want everyone thta owns a fiero to really think about doing one of these events. You will learn alot about yoru driving and hwo the car performs. Also get to meet other Fieros and other Cars!!

IF you like cars, then you have to join us for one of theses events..

You can give me a call if you need further info!!!

Ron 651-565-2757

RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
bumpy
RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2002 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
IF anyone is interested you can swing by my house and we'll cruize out there. I live about 2 miles from the interstate. I'm leaving my place at 7:30. I like to get there early and chat with the old guys.
FieroGal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2002 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGalSend a Private Message to FieroGalDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully I get these days off... my schedule so far i haven't gotten any of the days i requested off for vacation with Ron the kids, so, just hoping i can go...
Uaana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Bump. ^^^^
And please provide more directions. I'm not sure about the Drags but deffinatly want to try the AutoCross on Sun.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post

Uaana

6570 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Bumping again since I really need some directions on how to get to the fun.
RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
1: Start out going Northwest towards ZANE AVE N by turning left. 0.03 miles
2: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto ZANE AVE N. 0.05 miles
3: Turn RIGHT onto BROOKDALE DR N. 0.15 miles
4: Turn RIGHT onto WELCOME AVE N. 0.17 miles
5: Turn LEFT onto BROOKLYN BLVD. 1.63 miles
6: Turn LEFT onto ramp. 0.30 miles
7: Merge onto I-94 E. 0.47 miles
8: Take the I-694 E exit on the left. 0.15 miles
9: Merge onto I-694 E. 11.54 miles
10: Take the I-35E S/US-10 exit- exit number 46- towards ST PAUL. 0.31 miles
11: Merge onto US-10 E. 5.15 miles
12: Take the I-94 E/US-10 E/10TH ST/WACOUTA ST exit- exit number 107A- on the left towards US-52 S. 0.12 miles
13: Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. 0.22 miles
14: Keep RIGHT at the fork in the ramp. 0.11 miles
15: Merge onto I-94 E. 0.14 miles
16: Take the US-52 S exit- exit number 242D. 0.19 miles
17: Merge onto US-52 S. 8.40 miles
18: Take the US-52 S exit on the left. 0.95 miles
19: Merge onto US-52 S. 75.56 miles
20: Turn LEFT. 0.01 miles
21: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto ramp. 0.23 miles
22: Merge onto I-90 E. 69.40 miles

Take exit 12 on I-90 east of La Crosse (West Salem exit). Go north about 3 blocks. Turn left at the stop sign. Drive straight through town. Turn left onto U.S. Highway 16. Go about 1/2 mile. Turn right onto CTH M. Fairgrounds are on your left.

------------------

85 GT 4 SPD
Accel 8mm wires
Accel 300+ Ignition box
Blaster Coil
NGK UR5
K&N
Short Shifter
Coulee Region Fieros member

FieroGal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGalSend a Private Message to FieroGalDirect Link to This Post
So how did it go?
stuck working this weekend otherwise i probably would have been there for both.
but since i had friday and today off instead i decided to start my little project
maybe if i'm not working you guys will be able to see it at the next meeting before i start revealing my secret mods to everyone else btw Ron hasn't seen it yet either.. he won't be back til thursday.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock