By, farewell...I'm out of here. by Fino
Started on: 06-15-2002 07:04 AM
Replies: 26
Last post by: AusFiero on 06-16-2002 03:57 AM
Fino

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post
This forum has no interest in the V8 Archie Fino project. I can't even get an answer to questions I ask.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/018691.html

I am going to remove the website because I have to pay for the server by the month to have a website be ad free. (I don't like those darn popup ads).

Fino

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierowrecker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierowreckerClick Here to visit Fierowrecker's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierowreckerDirect Link to This Post
If I were interested in a rebody, I would look at alt.auto.kitcars?
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierowrecker:
If I were interested in a rebody, I would look at alt.auto.kitcars?

I don't know where to find
"alt.auto.kitcars".

Sorry to join your forum and ask questions about my ***junk kitcar***

If any one knows where I can find a forum that is interested in a Fiero kitcar please let me know.

Thank you
Fino

------------------

Fino www.edstephens.net
Member National Kit Car Club www.kitcarclub.com

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 06-15-2002).]

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

Fino

812 posts
Member since Jan 2002

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
look for adrift on this forum. i think he has a kit car forum under the name ari. something like "ari's fiero kit car forum".
2.8-4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.8-4spdSend a Private Message to 2.8-4spdDirect Link to This Post
I took a look at your web page after you put it up, i think I was 009 . I was interested in it. Good luck with your project.
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2002 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Someone's tampon is in a twist. Obviously you are more interested in seeking knowledge based on the experience of others, more so then you are interested in sharing your experience with those of us who have not rebodied our cars. In case you haven't noticed, we are the overwhelming majority around here.

I think a small amount of research using the search feature will have helped you identify who the kit car guys are, and you could direct questions directly to them. I don't know what attention that you feel you deserve that you were slighted, but if you are going to leave, by all means, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

****EDIT****

I just re read the thread in question. Oh. My. God. You want to leave because no-one has told you what color to paint your car? I sugest painting a lovely lavender color that will match your panty clad A$$ and be done with it. STFU, newbie,

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 06-15-2002).]

72vinman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 72vinmanSend a Private Message to 72vinmanDirect Link to This Post
White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post06-15-2002 11:56 AM   Send a Private Message to 72vinmanDirect Link to This Post
Dont go too easy on em stimp
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
Hey I think it rocks.. I was even checkin to see if I could see it when I was in St. Johns had to waste time while the guy at the paint shop came back.. but sorry to hear this

but look around I'm sure there are many places boards on the web that will have a bunch of people into the kit cars..
------------------
-KC

LoW Key's Red Bullet
1988 Formula, 3.4 5spd, 75 NX (nitrous)
Ported exhaust manifolds, tb, plenum, underdrive pulley and adjustable fuel regulator

[This message has been edited by LoW_KeY (edited 06-15-2002).]

Dumba$$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dumba$$Send a Private Message to Dumba$$Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by stimpy:
[B]Someone's tampon is in a twist.

You want to leave because no-one has told you what color to paint your car? I sugest painting a lovely lavender color that will match your panty clad A$$ and be done with it. STFU, newbie,

AMEN stimpy!!!
just because the fiero makes a great platform for a kit car doesent make it a kit car forum
some folks here DO have kit cars, but this IS NOT A KIT CAR FORUM, its a FIERO FORUM!!!!
you want answers to questions on your kit car go to google and type in KIT CAR FORUMS!!!

this might sound harsh but i guess if i had a kit car on a VW frame, i wouldnt go looking on the VW forums for answers to my questions

im sorry but some people just piss me off!!

good day

------------------
Rich
Sioux Falls SD

86' 2m6 4.10-too many extras to list
92' BMW 325i-cold air intake, borla exhaust,strut tower brace,
97 Eclipse GS-T all stock (for now)

Life is a game that no one wins!!

PFF
System Bot
FieroJames

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamesSend a Private Message to FieroJamesDirect Link to This Post
H*LL YEAH!!!! GO GET HIM STIMPY!!!!!!!
Sorry im with stimpy on this one!!!
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:
Someone's tampon is in a twist. Obviously you are more interested in seeking knowledge based on the experience of others, more so then you are interested in sharing your experience with those of us who have not rebodied our cars.

This is one of the good reasons to leave the Forum.

Stimpy you have obviously never viewed my website when you say all I want is information based on the experience of others. As for asking for opinion of others of a color to paint my car was just polite conversation.

Stimpy, maybe some day I will know as much as you do. As for now I have only worked for General Motors Experimental Engineering as a mechanic for 32 years and 7 years in GM dealerships before that.

I don't know it all and I am still learning.

Fino

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2002 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I don't remember asking you for your resume. I thought you were gone already.

I never claim to be an authority on anything around here, other then my uncanny ability to sniff out bullsh!t and call it when I see it. I did look at your website, number 58 if I remember correctly. I enjoyed taking a look at the pictures of the buildup. What, you want money or fame for that? For God's sake, get over yourself, man.

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Fino: http://www.kitcar.ca is great, be sure to check it out if you're not already a member!

------------------
steve@digitalfusion.on.ca
http://www.fieroproject.com

Adrift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
A lot of people (Me Included) just post pictures to my Forum instead of keeping an up to date build diary, you can try that if you feel the response you getting here isn't good. I would recommend you first try to maybe just keep an active thread going with your build process though:

Thousands of people visit pennock's every day, and I'm sure if you posted a few pics every few days you'd make some people happy.

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised at your quick negative response about interest for your web page. You've had 173 people look at the page, that's nothing to laugh at...that's more visits than I've had on my webpage in over 2 years.

Also, your only question was paint suggestions....did you seriously want somebody else to tell you what color you like? I think that paint is pretty much a per-person choice.

You will get more hits if you show your web page to some kit car forums, and send the address to some of the email lists (fiero and kit car).

I checked out your webpage, and I thought it was interesting. I liked that you were including info on the drivetrain modifications as well as the body changes. I was visitor 13 if I recall correctly.

Chill out dude; if your website is costing you so much that you want to pull it after only one month, then you're paying WAY too much. A webserver I'm using for a project is about 100 bucks a year including domain registration and more bandwidth and hard drive space than you'll ever use. I know that I wouldn't whine about the $8.50 a month it costs, as I haven't even put my website up in three months yet.

Take some deep breaths, count to ten, go work on your car...whatever it takes to help you cool down. You're really over-reacting.

Bryce
88 GT

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Oh Goodey, another 'please beg me to stay' thread! I should post one of these, see who loves me...

Best!
Ben

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
I love no one... :P

------------------

WWW.FIEROLOKI.COM
ICQ# 140841625

gargoyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2002 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gargoyleSend a Private Message to gargoyleDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
MaxDaemon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2002 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxDaemonClick Here to visit MaxDaemon's HomePageSend a Private Message to MaxDaemonDirect Link to This Post
I'm on here quite a bit, at least once a day unless I can't get to it for some reason. I never saw your original post at all. Keep in mind that unless someone is posting constantly (or bumping it to the top) you won't stay on the two day list for very long. I just went and looked at your site, and it looks pretty good to me - but the others are right, it's neat to look at a Fino, but I'm happy with my FIERO body - won't be spending that much time looking at rebodies.
So far as server space and bandwidth, I doubt you'll be using enough to make much difference in the grand scheme of things. You are most welcome to move your pages to MY website for free. It's only DSL - but it's a FREE offer. Just move into a room in the basement and you can have your own outside entrance, as long as you are ok with www.maxcynco.com/edstephens. I'd just as soon you stayed under 500megs, but "most" websites can get a lot done in 500megs.

Vic

------------------

'86 GT on the road for the summer!
'85 SC running smooooth.
'86 Gold SE V8 - how do YOU spell power!
'85 Silver SE V6 - automatic for the kid!

That's FOUR - I need a FIFTH! <of whiskey - sigh>

Leper
No longer registered
Report this Post06-16-2002 03:10 AM   Send a Private Message to MaxDaemonDirect Link to This Post
Most of the people that wanted to see a Fino built have already checked out the threads where Archie was building his.
Your website isn't doing that badly for what it is. Since you're not activly advertising it all over the place, you're not going to get thousands of hits a day.
Even then, it's gonna take a pretty large investment to keep it popluar. Since you aren't selling anything, you're gonna lose money any way you look at it.

As for suggestions for paint color...
So what colors do you like?
Looking at Archies Fino threads, you'll see plenty of different suggesitions to paint a Fino. People were probably burnt out on doing that to give you a suggestion. (Though I remember you being referred to those threads before for the same reason.) https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/014855-2.html

these were also suggested

Then after the thread was hijacked, it was started again, with more suggestions https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/014955.html

[This message has been edited by Leper (edited 06-16-2002).]

Leper
No longer registered
Report this Post06-16-2002 03:17 AM   Send a Private Message to MaxDaemonDirect Link to This Post

Leper

[This message has been edited by Leper (edited 06-16-2002).]

Leper
No longer registered
Report this Post06-16-2002 03:20 AM   Send a Private Message to MaxDaemonDirect Link to This Post

Leper

Then there was an entire thread devoted to nothing but different color choices for the Fino. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/015107.html
For 20 more different ways you could paint your car.

So unless you narrow it down a bit, we can't answer your question anymore than has already been answered.

sentinel_76ca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2002 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sentinel_76caSend a Private Message to sentinel_76caDirect Link to This Post
Someone pay attention to me!!! If everyone doesn't drop what they are doing and pay attention to your post, and you get upset, then you just might have some issues. Really I've had many a post go ignored, it happens, but throwing a hissy fit really isn't going to get you anywhere, so best of luck.

[This message has been edited by sentinel_76ca (edited 06-16-2002).]

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2002 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
WOW. I forgot I had done so many colours.

Originally posted by Leper:
Then there was an entire thread devoted to nothing but different color choices for the Fino. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/015107.html
For 20 more different ways you could paint your car.

So unless you narrow it down a bit, we can't answer your question anymore than has already been answered.

------------------

My Old Fiero | Accessories

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock