Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Real photo of 5" do it yourself choptop (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Real photo of 5" do it yourself choptop by 87FieroGTx
Started on: 04-14-2002 12:42 PM
Replies: 68
Last post by: 87GTBro on 04-16-2002 11:26 PM
87FieroGTx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post

http://www.kitcar.ca/cgi-bin/Forum/YaBB.cgi?board=chat;action=display;num=1018734536

------------------

The Vision (Tm)

85 Fiero GT Fastback

3.4Tdc Sound Clips, Enjoy:

http://www.geocities.com/jmgtp/123part2.mp3
http://greenprix.homestead.com/files/Sounds/1st2ndcoast.wav

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
looks good
but sure will hurt your head
real head banger

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Damn...wow...

Hmm...Can't decide what I think. It does look very well-done, just a bit too low for my tastes...

I think it'll be the 3" for me.

------------------
[]image dropped temporarilly[]
TRiAD Motorsports ~ Performance Tuning of European, Japanese and Domestic Automobiles
Project MR1 / Let the modding begin! ~ triadtuning@hotmail.com * AIM ~ Michael Blue 72

Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~ Plato

85 gt fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 gt fieroSend a Private Message to 85 gt fieroDirect Link to This Post
I dont think it looks good at all, it looks like the front is higher than the back. Just my 0.02.

Randy

------------------

The 4.9 V8 conversion has begun

Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticDirect Link to This Post
Nah, not for me.

The roof looks a liitle too low for my tastes.

Later,
Chris

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
holy crap thats low, too low. probably can be over 5 foot 5 inches in order to fit in that

------------------
Adam J. B.
The search for a GT will never end!
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

banditbalz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for banditbalzClick Here to visit banditbalz's HomePageSend a Private Message to banditbalzDirect Link to This Post
I'm going for a 9" chop later this summer... being 5'4", I should still have a good foot of head room..... hahaha

NOT!

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
I think that it's way to low and not even. I'll take mine to Archie!!

PS.. It's far better than I could ever do

------------------

The Vision (Tm)

85 Fiero GT Fastback

3.4Tdc Sound Clips, Enjoy:
http://www.geocities.com/jmgtp/123part2.mp3
http://greenprix.homestead.com/files/Sounds/1st2ndcoast.wav

[This message has been edited by 87FieroGTx (edited 04-15-2002).]

Don_Chi_Chi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don_Chi_ChiClick Here to visit Don_Chi_Chi's HomePageSend a Private Message to Don_Chi_ChiDirect Link to This Post
I think that 5" chop is a little much. Looks like a cow fell on the roof.

------------------

Wanted: MK3 Toyota Supra, any leads welcome!

dosed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dosedClick Here to visit dosed's HomePageSend a Private Message to dosedDirect Link to This Post
I would have to agree. It looks to be too much for a Fiero, although, with a creative body kit, it could be very promising. The high tail-end of a Diablo comes to mind... the whole, even with the roofline rear might be interesting. You start venturing into kitcar territory then.

That rear bumper area doesn't make the car look like it was in the best condition to start, but I suppose it works for the "experimentation" process.

------------------
- dosed

Originally posted by West Coast Fiero:
hehe - you just got over-DOSED, :)
scrotum_pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2002 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrotum_patSend a Private Message to scrotum_patDirect Link to This Post
Why are you guys being such bastards about it. He obviously went to a-lot of trouble to do this, and your all putting it down. I think it looks really good, once the paints fixed up, and you put some new wheels on it, it will look really good.

------------------
"Trying is your first step towards failure" Homer Simpson.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Direct Link to This Post
You guys remember that fella on Beetlejuice with the shrunken head? Heh, this Fiero looks like something he would drive. It's a little much for a Fiero, but as I often say, to each their own.

------------------
Chris--1988 Fiero coupe
"Fiero means PROUD"

ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to say that the glass is half-full...

=)

Scrotum is right, this car isn't even finished yet and it's getting slammed. Ten bucks says when it's finished, veiw-points will change. I somehow find it hard to believe that this is all he's going to do to this car...

Cheers!

Brett

------------------

'88 Fiero GT custom in progress...

White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post04-14-2002 03:30 PM   Send a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
even when it is finished, I will not like it. 5 inches is too low. plain and simple. no one was bashing it, just saying they didn't like it. Dont be so quick to attempt to start a flamewar that you dont read what ppl actually say.

------------------
Ray - rturner@fierosite.com - http://www.fierosite.com/
1988 Stage 2 Aero Coupe - 1985 Mustang 3.8 Convertable

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i think i'd like it if i could fit in it. wonder what he's going to do about the side windows. i think i'll have to look him up.

------------------
Phil T.

start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post

For some reason, I see potential...

=)

Brett

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
5 inches IS a lot of chop, but if you are a small person and don't care if tall people can't fit, then... it could turn out okay.

Personally I welcome another Fiero Chop Top to the world, and Forum

Chop top is the single most distinctive thing to change the look of a Fiero, with the exception of the convertible, or 18" wheels, or V-8 Conversion, or...

------------------
1988 Coupe
Fiero - It's like an Actual Miniature Car

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 04-14-2002).]

LT1 Chop Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT1 Chop TopSend a Private Message to LT1 Chop TopDirect Link to This Post
What "JScott" said.

------------------

Home Page w/ Vids : http://ucsub.colorado.edu/%7Epattons/Home15.html

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Great job but..It's just a bit to low for my liking..

------------------

ClassicFiero.com

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertDirect Link to This Post
Ditto what Scrotum said. Less judgement, more encouragement for those that dare to be different. I like the way people modify their Fieros.

------------------
'84 Black Indy

dosed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dosedClick Here to visit dosed's HomePageSend a Private Message to dosedDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I like where ITALGT is going with that...

Raise the tail-end a bit, round the ground effects, and add a little bit of wheelwell curve, integrate the lower door piece... yeah.

- dosed

PFF
System Bot
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Wow...I apologize if I opened that can of worms.

I support the effort and the amount of work involved (and that photoshop version looks excellent!) I just wouldn't go that low on mine.

Keep us posted, man!

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by White88cpe:
even when it is finished, I will not like it. 5 inches is too low. plain and simple. no one was bashing it, just saying they didn't like it. Dont be so quick to attempt to start a flamewar that you dont read what ppl actually say.

what he said ^. I stated my opinion, if you dont like that fact that i dont like the car tough. What? Are we all suppose to like it? Are we all suppose to think its great because you do? If it was my car, id want people not to like it, if everone said it looks great id know they are lying.

------------------
Adam J. B.
The search for a GT will never end!
IM AOL: GTFiero & Rumpdetective (dont ask)

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I personally think it's too low.. but.. still gotta appreciate the work that went into modding it.

------------------
steve@digitalfusion.on.ca
http://www.fieroproject.com

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
GTFiero1, R-E-L-A-X...

Don't make this thread turn into poop!

Brett

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:
GTFiero1, R-E-L-A-X...

Don't make this thread turn into poop!

Brett

ok im better now

LT1 Chop Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT1 Chop TopSend a Private Message to LT1 Chop TopDirect Link to This Post
I think once it is finished it will be bitchin!

------------------

Home Page w/ Vids : http://ucsub.colorado.edu/%7Epattons/Home15.html

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a pretty bodgy job. The front of the roof is indeed higher than the back. Look where the roof panel joins the rear roof panel. It kinks. The photoshopped versions show potential though.

------------------

My Old Fiero | Accessories

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
that photoshop version looks awesome.. if thats what the real one will look like my god! that will be sweet. It's not for me cause I wouldnt be able to fit in it, but maybe if it was a 3 inch drop on the top, and somehow raised the door height and fender heights... would be a lot more work, and prolly too much money involved but it would be pretyt nince
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
The roof-line is definately not level... that's the first thing I noticed too. If this was a completed project, i.e., body work done and all painted, I would have to say that it is in fact "bodgy" as Aus would say. I emailed the guy with this car and told him about Pennock's, and also asked for more info and pictures. Maybe he could shed some more light on the subject... it would be great to see him join this conversation...

Brett

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
If he put in a sunroof it would look better.
The roof line is off and it would help hide it
PFF
System Bot
GT GT 87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT GT 87Send a Private Message to GT GT 87Direct Link to This Post
Looks good . Alot of hard work I bet . Cool !!!!!!!!
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

For some reason, I see potential...

=)

Brett

Hey, that Fiero looks familiar, hehe I like it!

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
I love the PS version!!!!!!!!

Archie should do this the right way with a Formula bodie and a fastback for his next show car and while he's at it throw in a set of lambo doors like on that ricey fiero posted a while back. Oh ya and a LS-1

RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2002 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
sorry most of you don't like my car ..did i get invited just to get car bashed or to accually hear some helpful hint on what to do with my first every attempt at fiero mods
RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2002 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
ITALGT do you have any more pics of your car through build up
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2002 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
Ron,

You'll find a lot of "constructive" criticism here in the forum. Sometimes it's not exactly what we want to hear, but it is none the less all opinions, and should only be taken as just that; opinions. I don't get too excited anymore when someone bashes one of my ideas (very rare... HAH HA HA!) or feels it's necessary to let you know how they don't like what YOU do with YOUR car. That's the magic of free speech I guess...

That being said, I'm sure you'll find lot's of people here in the forum, including myself, who understand the hobby and want to help others along the way. That's what most of us are here for; to help fellow enthusiasts to enjoy our hobby lifestyle.

I'll be the first one to welcome you to the forum! Here's the pictures you sent... BTW, thanks a bunch for sharing!

Interesting shots. Maybe you could share more with us as to how you went about the choppin' and what other things you have planned.

...I for one, can't wait!

Cheers,

Brett

MaxDaemon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2002 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxDaemonClick Here to visit MaxDaemon's HomePageSend a Private Message to MaxDaemonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RJONES:
sorry most of you don't like my car ..did i get invited just to get car bashed or to accually hear some helpful hint on what to do with my first every attempt at fiero mods

Not to worry, MrJones! We have some extremely intelligent and helpful folks on here. I've only been around for about two months and have had more help and more decent conversations than I can shake a stick at. If I wanted to, anyhow.

I'd tend to agree that it's too low for ME personally, but that sure is no reason for anyone else to NOT do something! I'd ignore me if I was you!

Vic

OH! And, welcome to the forum!

------------------

'86 GT on the road for the summer!
'85 SC on the road too!
Fiero to the Max!

RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2002 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
THANKS .i'm hoping to v/8 her or at least supercharged v/6 ..only 2m4 right now...
Adrift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2002 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
As you may know, I think its pretty cool
As long as it dosen't endanger your life or the life of others, I'm behind almost any mod - its awesome to see regular people being creative and whatnot.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock