Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Engine out (pics), doing clutch, exhaust, etc.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Engine out (pics), doing clutch, exhaust, etc. by Denny
Started on: 03-17-2002 01:10 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Denny on 03-19-2002 07:30 AM
Denny

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2002 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
Took me about 5 hours working by myself (lots easier with a helper!), but it's out!

Second time I've had this one out (my GT), gets easier each time. Imagine that!

Doing new clutch, clutch lever, shifter cables, replacing exhaust manifolds (Fleabit? ), replacing injectors.

Yeah, I know Archie, I shoulda had a V8 . . .

------------------

Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association
Keystone State Chapter, P.O.C.I.
P.O.C.I.

[This message has been edited by Denny (edited 03-17-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stokin_the_neighbors
No longer registered
Report this Post03-17-2002 01:22 PM   Send a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
Nice clean motor! , i'll be doing the same this week , did you have any trouble with the hinge cradle bolts? i had to cut them off my last car
Banzai

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2002 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BanzaiSend a Private Message to BanzaiDirect Link to This Post
It's easy when things are clean
Gee, I just did that a few months ago----------The cool thing------I'm doing it again.

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!
Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2002 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stokin_the_neighbors:
Nice clean motor! , i'll be doing the same this week , did you have any trouble with the hinge cradle bolts? i had to cut them off my last car

Car only has 60k miles on it, so it's still in nice shape.

No problem with the bolts, but I had the motor out about a year ago to repair the clutch lever (sucker broke again, so I'm putting in a new one from The Fiero Store), so all the hardware is in good shape. I always use anti-seize when I put stuff back together, unless it's something that needs Loctite.

Originally posted by Banzai:
It's easy when things are clean

Sure makes it nice.

[This message has been edited by Denny (edited 03-19-2002).]

Fleabitdog

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2002 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FleabitdogSend a Private Message to FleabitdogDirect Link to This Post
Denny. I'll bring the manifoilds up Tesday. Dave
Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2002 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fleabit, I was just jerkin' yer chain 'cause I haven't heard a thing from ya for quite a while.

Not that big a hurry, don't even have all my parts yet.

Thanks!

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2002 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
fleabit, did you go down 322 from skittimes? did you see that blue 87GT before hitting honeybrook?
Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2002 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
That was there 3 weeks ago when my wife and I went by. Looks pretty good, needs some work.
Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2002 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post

Denny

1410 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Some results from today's work:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/019586.html

cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2002 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Direct Link to This Post
Denny,
Did you use a engine hoist to raise the back of your car? I was thinking of doing that.
Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2002 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
No. If you'll look closely at the second picture above you'll see a 4X4 rig under there supported by jackstands. I Jack up the back end normally, with a floor jack under the subframe under the rear. Then I position that 4X4 rig lined up with the side jack points, and use a floor jack to raise the body about half that height.

Then I lower the engine using floor jacks and pieces of 4X4, lowering it about half-way to the floor. I lower it to rest on four jackstands so I have a jack free to raise the car.

Then it's back to the rig under the car, and I raise that as high as I think it needs to be to clear the engine.

Then it's back to the engine, where I lower it as far down as the floor jacks will go. Then I drag it out on the floor jacks. That's where a helper is nice, to help balance things.

[This message has been edited by Denny (edited 03-21-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2002 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
WOW that car is SUPER CLEAN underneath, nice, very nice Denny!

------------------

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2002 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Makes them nice to work on when they're clean.
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2002 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Denny:
I always use anti-seize when I put stuff back to gether, unless it's something that needs Loctite.

Heh, that's a beautiful quote!

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

Denny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2002 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Ben!

Feel free to use it where you see fit.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock