Started on: 03-03-2002 01:29 AM
Replies: 37
Last post by: Brandon86SE on 03-08-2002 05:45 PM
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well some people showed interest in my Viper based design so I refined it to include the correct Fiero dimensions down to using a Fiero windscreen and door sizes etc. I liked the name Viero from the other thread by the way whoever posted it.
I am envisaging a "mild" 600 HP LS1 hooked up to a Gertrag 5 speed. The wheels used are 18" rims. Which sail panel design looks best?

------------------

My Old Fiero | Accessories

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
shark93726

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shark93726Click Here to visit shark93726's HomePageSend a Private Message to shark93726Direct Link to This Post
I like the red Targa style one better.

But if you leave the Gray "Targa" part and delete the top of the rest of the sail panel behind it on the gold one, it "might" look even better. IMHO

------------------
Gerald Storvik

http://www.8shark.com/

mshill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mshillSend a Private Message to mshillDirect Link to This Post
I like it. I like it a lot.
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
DO YOU GIVE FREE SAMPLE KITS HEHEHE
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
I like-em a lot.. How about a hardtop pic for those of us that don't want to chop the top off.
AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post
I tell ya.... after my PhD... when I actually have a real JOB.

First stop - Archies

Next stop - Aus' (well, not STOP... more like order..

------------------

'85 SE 3800SC 5 Spd
I WANT A FASTBACK!!!

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Hooo...leeeee shiiiit...

That is absolutely freakin' gorgeous.

Or should I say... AUS-some!

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula
- 1st Place - Stock Coupe - FOCOSEVA 2000
- 3rd Place - Stock Formula - FOCOA Nat'l 2001
- Class Winner - 1982 to Present - Tarheel Tigers All-Pontiac Show 2001

VeeSixGeeTee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VeeSixGeeTeeSend a Private Message to VeeSixGeeTeeDirect Link to This Post
I don't really like it? bah who knows maybe if you give me a ride I will!

------------------
Mike
85 GT 4sp
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
MMMMMM LOVE IT! I like the gold one but I would want it in red.......LOL. Very Nice

Phil

------------------
GTDude
25 years GM experience

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
Looks great!! Aus your the man!!!

------------------

Love That Fiero!!!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Yeeeeeessssss!
I like the gold one better.

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

PFF
System Bot
FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Now that's a style I really like. Aus this is just a design right, not a actual kit yet right?

Arch has a guy that does fiberglass work, can he build this body? I would be very interested.

GT87

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Aus, the 2nd one might look interesting with a grille over the quarter windows, like the 328s have...

overall though, I think I like the 1st one the best.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

3.8T Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8T Fiero GTClick Here to visit 3.8T Fiero GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3.8T Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
swwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt!!!!!!!!

------------------
*Your ASS here*
"A 3.8T makes and excellent "RICE" cooker"

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Actually the first design looks better, but it probably would look better if the sail panels were shorter, like a 914's.

------------------

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Well Aus now you have done it again!!!
When you finish the stage 2 and do the 89 kit, I have to order the 89 for myself. Then if you build this one the Viero, My wife just informed me I HAVE to get it for her

So now you MUST make it

It took AusFiero to make my wife an instant Fiero lover!!

Don_Chi_Chi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don_Chi_ChiClick Here to visit Don_Chi_Chi's HomePageSend a Private Message to Don_Chi_ChiDirect Link to This Post
The top pic does look better, but I'm thinking hopefully there would be a way to have no back window and a rollbar instead just like a Viper. There must be some way to vent the heat and fumes away from the passenger compartment.
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
I like it! I liked the other rims better though. (rooling OD looked bigger too)

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Don_Chi_Chi:
The top pic does look better, but I'm thinking hopefully there would be a way to have no back window and a rollbar instead just like a Viper. There must be some way to vent the heat and fumes away from the passenger compartment.

there's a super easy way, if you'd be willing to give up your trunk.. vent it out the back, like the vents that the Finale have. (I'm aware they're not functional..?)

otherwise, just have angled vents, and a rad fan under it to make sure the hot air blows in the right direction

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2002 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I love it Aus. Do us all a favor though... Do some Photochopping, and add a hard top to the red one, (Possibly even the roof bulges) Some venting to the Gold one (Small gills where the Sail panels are cut out), and eliminate the spoiler for a slightly cleaner look.... AND, if you get the chance, post a front angle view of the front end... Would LOVE to see the smile on it's face when you decide to build it....

------------------
"I- will be watching over you
I- am gonna help you see it through
I- will protect you in the night
I- am smiling next to you, in Silent Lucidity" --- Queensryche

"It Hurts! It Hurts! Do it again!!"

Mark Matthews

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2002 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark MatthewsSend a Private Message to Mark MatthewsDirect Link to This Post
Glad you like the name, once I saw it that came to mind.

I'm with 8ball, before I saw this design my wife had mentioned, 'The only car I think is real good looking is the Viper'. I saw this and showed it to her, she said if I do any kit but that she's leaving me!

Excellent design, I'd like to see with the T-tops. I like the upper design with no sail glass. With the glass it sortof has a Mustand look to it.

------------------
Mark Matthews
'87 GT Fastback T-top

PFF
System Bot
Mark Matthews

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark MatthewsSend a Private Message to Mark MatthewsDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I didn't want this to get too far down the line.

I started builing a quick model of this in 3D yesterday. I should be finished today, but I noticed a couple lines I didn't trace, so it will need some adjusting. I'll see if I can get an image up of it later today.

------------------
Mark Matthews
'87 GT Fastback T-top

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
Question aus:

Are these dreams? Or will they eventually be an orderable reality?

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Presently dreams grinthock. But buildable ones. Some talks with another Fiero enthusiast that we all know might help to make them reality but. Takes a lot of money to make a car like this. The first one anyway.

------------------

Mark Matthews

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark MatthewsSend a Private Message to Mark MatthewsDirect Link to This Post
Well, I worked more on the model today. My computer is rendering a short 100 frame animation right now, so I'll post it as soon as it's done, hopefully it's not too big.

It's rough, and needs work, but you gotta start somewhere. I figure if anything it will help Aus design the rest of it.

------------------
Mark Matthews
'87 GT Fastback T-top

Mark Matthews

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark MatthewsSend a Private Message to Mark MatthewsDirect Link to This Post

Mark Matthews

537 posts
Member since Nov 2001
Here's the AVI, it's in MPEG-4 format. It's 320x240 and is only 805K so everyone should be able to get this quick.

http://members.roadfly.com/corbinator/Viero.avi

Lemme know what you think!

------------------
Mark Matthews
'87 GT Fastback T-top

[This message has been edited by Mark Matthews (edited 03-05-2002).]

Brandon86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon86SESend a Private Message to Brandon86SEDirect Link to This Post
Looks pretty good Mark, I need to get back into 3DMAX, been a while. How did you model it, nurbs?

Brandon

Mark Matthews

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2002 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark MatthewsSend a Private Message to Mark MatthewsDirect Link to This Post
No, I just did it quick from a plane, then edit mesh. I wanted to get the basic shape quick, then I'll do it in nurbs.

I'm really liking the MPEG-4 format of the avi, it's amazingly good quality for the size of the file!

Thanks, by the way!

------------------
Mark Matthews
'87 GT Fastback T-top

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haze_Performance:
I like-em a lot.. How about a hardtop pic for those of us that don't want to chop the top off.

Ok it has a roof now and a few minor body changes. It is still chopped 2" though

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!......AHHHHHHHHH I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
prtzlboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prtzlboySend a Private Message to prtzlboyDirect Link to This Post
ok, I know I'm going to sound like a huge jerk, but I'm going to say it anyway I just don't think this body style looks quite right with the fiero's dimensions and overall shape. In my opinion, I don't think that the viper style nose looks right on a car this tiny. On the viper the large, aggressive front end styling emphasizes the whole "modern muscle" thing it has going for it. Scaled down on the tiny fiero front end it looks kind of funky to me. On the flipside, I think everything from the doors back looks outstanding, regardless of the sail panel styling. It's like the front end was designed in Detroit and the rear in Germany. Just my two cents
PFF
System Bot
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
I really like the red targa. But rather than a targa, how about a convertible with head rest/roll bar bulges that are shorter than the current top. Engine compartment vents could be added on the back side of the bulges. And lose the spoiler. The hardtop's roof looks a little flat to me. How about adding some roof bulges like the Viper coupe?

------------------
Roy :D
Just another stock Blue 87 GT
Suncoast Fieros

JUST ADDED: YELLOW 1988 GT w/ T-Tops, 5-Speed, and Performance Sound.

Mark Matthews

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2002 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark MatthewsSend a Private Message to Mark MatthewsDirect Link to This Post
I like the changes! The sail vents really add alot to the styling. Did you also modify it to fil alittle better with a stock decklid? the quarters just don't seem as 'arched' I like it, did I mention that?!

I'll update the model if I get a chance today.

edit :: I just noticed the little circle vents under the sail vents. Which way are they pointing? Towards the front or back?
------------------
Mark Matthews
'87 GT Fastback T-top

[This message has been edited by Mark Matthews (edited 03-06-2002).]

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Haze_Performance:
[b]I like-em a lot.. How about a hardtop pic for those of us that don't want to chop the top off.

Ok it has a roof now and a few minor body changes. It is still chopped 2" though [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks Aus.. Thats just what I wanted..

------------------

Need Production Info? www.ClassicFiero.com

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
sweeeeet.

off-topic question.. anyone know if there's a Viper kit for a Stealth?

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

gangrenefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gangrenefieroClick Here to visit gangrenefiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to gangrenefieroDirect Link to This Post
i dont know, i like that other one you made thats more like the 360 ferrari, is this one even really possible? wouldnt the fiero front be too square to accept a viper facia? I dont know, its still a cool idea.

------------------

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
This one would be the most possible. A viper front is hiher than a Fieros making for a lot of clearance. This one has been based on Fiero dimensions.

------------------

Brandon86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2002 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon86SESend a Private Message to Brandon86SEDirect Link to This Post
Build it! Build it! [continues chanting]

I am really excited to see all of the amazing stuff coming into the Fiero world recently. I can't wait for a few years to go by so I can actually do some of the things I see so much of. I remember when Aus first posted this design a few months ago, and I fell in love with it then. It must be built!

Brandon

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock