Started on: 01-28-2002 04:02 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: Reality on 01-29-2002 08:22 PM
Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys I'm looking for some really good, pictures of this car. Something high res would be great. Can anyone help out?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Tony--If you find any, send some my way. I'd like to try out PS with my new monitor and that's a great looking car.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Are those rear wheels on the front?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
You mean like this? That picture was posted by me originaly. It was taken last year at the FOCONE annual fall show in Rutland MA. The picture is in 640x480 resolution.

------------------

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

avengador1

35467 posts
Member since Oct 2001
And....
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

avengador1

35467 posts
Member since Oct 2001
The original.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

avengador1

35467 posts
Member since Oct 2001
This is the last one I have.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Here are 2 pics I got from the Nationals at Williamsburg, VA last August.

ejayerik

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ejayerikSend a Private Message to ejayerikDirect Link to This Post
You know, I have only seen one other Fiero with an air intake like that. But the one I saw had it scooped on the drivers side instead of the center. I like it. Seems logical enough to me. But,...how does he keep water from getting into the intake with a downward slant like that?
Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
THANKS! That really helps out alot. Well Dave these are the only ones I have, but I do come across more I will send them your way. Anyone have a name and a way of contact the owner?
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
That scoop doesn't go to the air intake. The car has a turbo, so it has all that other extra plumbing. where it mounts to the trunk, however, are a few small holes he made that helps aid cooling.

I have a few pics I could scan at like 2400 if you'd like. Dunno how much of a dif. it would make, its still comin from a photo..

PFF
System Bot
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking Fiero.. BUT, Why would someone want to make a GT look like an Indy Fiero?? Not a Flame.. Just a question... Steve
Those look like 89' wheel's... hmm
------------------

www.thefibersmith.com
Technical Support (903) 825-7744
"Smoooooth GT"
Shaved door handles, sidetrim, Custom-Double-side scoop's, sail scoop's, Custom 'VENTED' hood, Rustang decklid scoop, BMW Z~3 vent's, Ferrari~308 headlight cover's, Custom RE-designed Fender's, Custom made-front and rear fascia's...

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 01-28-2002).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Well, for those that don't know the history on this car, this is what I know.

The car belongs to Fran Passuite (sp?)
It was originally an '84 Indy.
The fastback/Aero kit was added in '86 or '87
He replaced the 2.5L 4cyl with a 2.8L (2.9?) V6
He had a Miller-Woods turbo installed on the 2.8 V6
The wheels are custom built (Compomotive I believe) in Great Britian.
He recently added the lambo-style mirrors as well.

I saw the car back in the 90's at a few FOCOA nationals- Fran is a cool guy, and really loves his ride!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
I have these in hi rez (1600 X 1200) but are too large to post. Their about 400K each. If you want them let me know where to send them. In the original pics you can read all of the display.

Rob D.

The display

The powerplant

The car.

------------------

Modified 2.8
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I found one more of the engine.
Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2002 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

honestly I'm looking for one like this in the high res format. If that helps any. I knew a little about the car not much I just think it's neat and is the perfect "test" sample. Have a good one.

Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2002 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
ok...that second pic of the engine...that chrome thing at the bottom...looks just like...the cap to my....power steering res....does he have it too?

------------------
1986 GT: UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Aftermarket Power Steering, Rebuilt 2.8, Zr-1 Cowl Induction Hood, 1/4 Window scoops, removed spoiler, currently wearing primer awaiting silver paint...

FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZDirect Link to This Post
thatcar seems to have too much stuff stuck to it, like the deck scoop AND spoiler, would look great w/ out spoiler, and maybe that front one too, (or if it was smoothed in?)
JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Did this car have a "stock" Indy interior or was it custom? I understand the car was an Indy but did the owner modify the interior with add-on gauges or a custom wheel. Different things like that.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
For those interested in the full story on Fran's car, read about it (and see some B&W photos) in the POCI article: http://www.poci.org/feature_articles/archive/10_01/10_01feature.htm
PFF
System Bot
Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rob
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Actually Fran's car was not in fact an Indy Fiero. It was an 84 4 cyl coupe. Also, the fastback clip on that car was not designed by Pontiac...it was actually designed by Fran. Some say he is the inventor of our fastback clips!

Also, in the Nationals pics...the silver 88 GT you see in the second pic? That's my car

Jennifer

Reality

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2002 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:
Actually Fran's car was not in fact an Indy Fiero. It was an 84 4 cyl coupe. Also, the fastback clip on that car was not designed by Pontiac...it was actually designed by Fran. Some say he is the inventor of our fastback clips!

Actually I disagree to that comment. Not because I know better but because this is listed on the webpage from the above link.

(B) Body

Added entire rear (ordered new in '86): Sail panels, rear deck, tail lights (blacked out "Pontiac" and placed "Indy Fiero" logo in its place); wiring had to be modified

[This message has been edited by Reality (edited 01-29-2002).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock