Show Judging by Dragon
Started on: 11-23-2001 07:47 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Wild_86_Custom on 11-24-2001 10:16 PM
Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2001 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
If you were going to a Fiero Car show what type of judging rules do you think are the best?

All Classes Judged

All Classes Popular Vote

A Mixture - and if so what type of mix?

Thanks

------------------
Dragon

Space Coast Fieros -> Florida Fiero Council
Home of the Florida Fiero Weekend http://FloridaFieros.org/daytona2002

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88CoupeV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2001 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88CoupeV6Click Here to visit 88CoupeV6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88CoupeV6Direct Link to This Post
I usually like All Classes Popular Vote. Except stuff like factory stock class.

------------------
Josh

My pics Join New England Fiero Association

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2001 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
No matter what system is used, someone is always unhappy. Is there a 100% sure way, I think not.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2001 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
I agree, All Classes Popular Vote. Except stuff like factory stock class.

More things to be judged in factory class than most people would think to look at.

Rather have the judges comparing & deciding this class.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2001 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
The best way to approach any car show is to put your best effort into your car and not care if you get a trophy or not. Just go to meet other people, see other cars, and have a good time. Using this approach you'll go home happy each time usually.

The bad thing about most shows is that the people judgeing don't know a darn thing about the Fiero or most cars in general, just is it showroom clean or not??

Just my opinion.

------------------

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
C) Go to a car show just to have fun, who cares who gets voted on or off a silly little island?

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red           "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver                     -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Best system I ran into was where when you register, you get a ballot that has classes for all cars but the one your in. You get judged by your peers. I do like pro judges though like you say, for serious contests.
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
I ha ve a 1970 Chevelle with 2 engines.I spent 5 years and well over $20,000 building it.I too often saw people win because they belonged to the club holding the show.I don't show mine anymore because I got tired of that.The last show I was in,I got beat out by an unfinished racecar that was noyhing out of the ordinary.My car is painted even where you can't see.I used mirrors so people could see the painted underneath.There was a couple with me at that last meet that had a beautiful early Ford with an all chrome small block Chevy.If they beat me I had no problem,but they got nothing either.Maybe when I get my GT finished I'll give it another try!

------------------

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather have a judged show, rather than popular voting. The cars are judged to the same (or at least to similiar criteria), rather than "OH this car has a stuffed monkey behind the steering wheel, it looks cute so I'll vote for that car". (Unless you want to add a "Best Display Catagory")
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Or some nut that has a nitrous powered mouse in the front compartment
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
I don't know Elliot had fun on the track last year

PFF
System Bot
Wild_86_Custom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2001 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wild_86_CustomSend a Private Message to Wild_86_CustomDirect Link to This Post
I like when the classes are judged for all because then you go for which car is the best for how clean and the quality of the mods of restoration. This to me works great that way you are really out to beat yourself, and the judges should not be able to touch a nee to the ground and they can only touch the fender wells and the motor compartment to check if the inner fender well is geasy or if the motor compartment is clean of does it have a few leaks etc. Just my 2 cents

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock