Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Del-Sol, Mr-2, or other 2 seater interior swap?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Del-Sol, Mr-2, or other 2 seater interior swap? by Jaei Sun
Started on: 10-18-2001 01:30 AM
Replies: 36
Last post by: DXR_DAD on 10-19-2001 08:26 PM
Jaei Sun

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunDirect Link to This Post
I was checking out some Del-Sols today as maybe a replacement for my daily driver beretta and got to thinking... "Could parts of this interior me modified for fiero interior use?"

Wondering if anyone has done/seen any cars at shows (or anywhere else) with a similar swap done??

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
yo_sweet

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2001 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yo_sweetSend a Private Message to yo_sweetDirect Link to This Post
del- sol ----uglyest thing that ever rolled out of honda

mr2 -ugly but at least the motor is in the right place

------------------
1986 Fiero SE
customized tail light's,american raceing rim's,k&n air filter,pioneer cd player.. more to come

kill's: 1990 Honda CRX,93 ACURA integra, 85 mr2,94 pontiac grand am,94 mustang, suzuki swift 5 car lengths!,86 laser 4cyl.

loses: 1996 camero Z28,2000 grand prix 3.8L, 1986 monty carlo SS

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I don't think the del Sol's are ugly... just plain. I also do not know of any such interior swaps. I do like the del Sol interior, but it might be a bit too small. Their interiors just feel more cramped to me than the Fiero's. MR-2... I have no idea but isn't putting any MR-2 parts on a Fiero a kind of sacrilege?? (sp?)
Pheagey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PheageyClick Here to visit Pheagey's HomePageSend a Private Message to PheageyDirect Link to This Post
1)Del Sol's: Arn't they just Civic's w.o the back seat? (i.e: Rice-a-holic?)
2)MR2? WTF u thinkin'?
3)Whats wrong with gettin another Fiero interior put in?..
My 2c (not meant as a flame)

'88 coupe 'Hotwheels' Http://www.LithiumEffects.com/car.html
Kills: '97 Civic Auto.

DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Hey!!!! I like the Del Sol

DXR_DAD

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
The only thing I looked into was the seats from a 1st Gen MR2. (leather, side and lower lumbar adjustments ect ect all the nice things GM is to cheap to put in a seat)
problem was the rails
Fiero rails are 13.5in apart and the MR2's were about 17.25 in apart. It's probably very doable if you have some welding skills.
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I really like the Del Sol; if they came with a larger engine from the factory or were more affordable with a more powerful motor, I would already have one. I can't believe how people hear Honda and automatically think "ricer"....I guess I thought that ricer didn't mean "well engineered"...

I know I'm going to hear back about this, but I think a fully modded del sol looks just as good as a fully modded fiero. It's a bonus that there is a strong aftermarket following for those....especially for the "latest" parts. Given, there are more wanna-be del sols than should be acceptable, but there are also some very nice ones. A huge plus, in my mind, is the factory targa option and the roll-down back window. This basically forms a convertible, without many of the drawbacks.

Just my two cents as well. I don't think many honda dashes have too much style, but they are almost always much much better quality than american. If I was going to work on a custom interior, I'd use a factory dash and just start hacking, bondoing, fiberglass, and finessing it to how I wanted it.

Good luck.

Bryce
88 GT

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I'll definitely agree with you on the well-engineered comment. Especially on the Targa top & back window- that's really quite cool, and I'd say better overall than most convertibles. I'm not a huge fan of the rest of the styling... not quite exotic enough- but still pretty cool. I'm not real familiar with whether or not you can get much power from them without replacing the motor (I know in GranToursimo 2 you can get a DelSol with 650hp ).
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
I've seen some pretty cool modified ones. I totally agree with Nashco.

------------------

gangrenefiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gangrenefieroClick Here to visit gangrenefiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to gangrenefieroDirect Link to This Post
The del sols did come with a big engine too. The DOHC Vtec goes 0-60 in 6.9, my roommate has one and we race but he wins. But im working on it.
rmorgandotcom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2001 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmorgandotcomClick Here to visit rmorgandotcom's HomePageSend a Private Message to rmorgandotcomDirect Link to This Post
I think it be cool if they had made the Del Sol mid-engined (I look at my uncles and I think that it has a huge trunk!). For the interior, me and my dad are going with a mostly hand-built custom dash.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
yo_sweet

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-19-2001 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yo_sweetSend a Private Message to yo_sweetDirect Link to This Post
itz still a butt ugly car even when all done up with fart can exausht and what not the Fiero GTs are much nicer

ps this jaei sun guy is into rice a little to much for comfort

------------------
1986 Fiero SE
customized tail light's,american raceing rim's,k&n air filter,pioneer cd player.. more to come

kill's: 1990 Honda CRX,93 ACURA integra, 85 mr2,94 pontiac grand am,94 mustang, suzuki swift 5 car lengths!,86 laser 4cyl.

loses: 1996 camero Z28,2000 grand prix 3.8L, 1986 monty carlo SS

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yo_sweet:
...this jaei sun guy is into rice a little to much for comfort

I've met jaei sun- and he's a cool guy. Definitely not at all your "typical" ricer type (no stickers on his car ).

You've got to give credit where credit is due. It's really quite impressive to be able to make an import 4-banger put out 400+hp without swapping the motor (when was the last time you saw a duke dyno out at 400hp?). And if you don't mod it, it'll easily outlast most American engines (My 2.8 only lasted 98k miles and died a slow death with lots of black smoke and oil). Now I'm not defending the "ricer" concept- stickers are not cool, 4-door sedans are not (usually) cool, but a 2-door (eclipse, supra, etc...) that can run 10's at the track, then drive home is pretty impressive.

And what's wrong with a little "rice" style anyway? I'm making clear taillights & indiglo gauges for my GT... and I even like some of the big "ricer" wings.

Now I'm not flaming here, just spewing my opinion to all who will listen (hello? is anyone still reading this? darn...).

If you really want to see what not to do with your cars... and the cars that I truly laugh at- check out http://www.beaterz.com

that's all.

DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
MinnGreen, THANK YOU. I own a Del Sol. And if you ask anyone here that knows me they will tell you I'm no were near a "ricer"!!!! I'm just a guy that lover CARS!!

DXR_DAD

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
DXR- I now officially like BOTH of your cars!
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
Add my name to the Del Sol like list. Only thing I don't care for is the thick rear pillar. Which is what our coupes would look like if there wasn't a simulated window there. I'm quite surprised Honda overlooked that detail. I remember reading Pontiac designers weren't real happy with having to put a fake window on, but felt it would look better to have a fake window than no window. Seems I also read the Asian version had a power top. The rear trunk lid raises straight up, the targa section slides into it like a drawer, and the trunk then lowers back down, pretty neat. I think a dropped and chopped one would look great.
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
DXR- I now officially like BOTH of your cars!

and if you need 300hp =

And please don't even try to talk (trash) about this car! I never get into it about who's car is better or faster. Again I just like cars, and have more than a few!!! and I like them all for one reason or another

DXR_DAD

[This message has been edited by DXR_DAD (edited 10-19-2001).]

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I like Del Sol's too... but I agree they'd be better if they were mid-engined..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
DXR... two of your photos are not posting- and it's creating a pop-up box for the album's username and password.... just so you'd know. (it might not be occuring on your system due to password-memory *Autofill).
Nashco

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I get the same thing DXR...
PFF
System Bot
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Ok I'm on my machine at work
Lets see if this works????
Is this what ya wanted to see:

DXR_DAD

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
yes, but you may want to remove the other two from the earlier post... they still cause the popup window for others. Thanks DXR.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Del Sol's are sweet! I have a friend who has one. Has a racing suspension and everything. Man does that thing handle. OOh yeah, cant forget the Targa top.

If you want to call me a ricer, go for it! All of my friends drive moded rice, and they can get quick. I don't mind working on rice either. There certainly is a lot you can do with a Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota and VW. Most of the people who mod them are pretty open minded.

------------------

James Essar
AOL IM Name: FieroMaster88
Not your ordinary 88 coupe!

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:
...I don't mind working on rice either. There certainly is a lot you can do with a Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota and VW..

Ummm... don't know if VW is technically "Rice." Wouldn't it be more like ummm... 'kraut or something. J/K

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
I got your del Sol!

------------------
Michael ~ triadtuning@hotmail.com
-----------------

Photoshop rendering of planned exterior modifications.

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Ummm... don't know if VW is technically "Rice." Wouldn't it be more like ummm... 'kraut or something. J/K

Yes....them and BMW. I have an instructor at college who used to work on BMW's. He calls himself the 'Kraut expert! Says he knows quite a bit about rice too. I still thought it was funny.

------------------

James Essar
AOL IM Name: FieroMaster88
Not your ordinary 88 coupe!

DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
TRiAD, I kinda though I would see you posting here!!!!

It's still in the shop. Still need a little adjustments here & there?? but she'll get about 300 + hp easy!!!!! (Custom drag kit)?

DXR_DAD

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Very cool! Keep us posted!
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
DRX: That Del Sol is awesome. We are going to put a turbo kit on my friends del sol this winter. It should be really quick after that.
Smokin' GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smokin' GTSend a Private Message to Smokin' GTDirect Link to This Post
I personally think that the MR2 is an extremely sick car (91-95 only). Especially the turbo, 190 stock horsies is what WE should have got in our GT's!
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smokin' GT:
I personally think that the MR2 is an extremely sick car (91-95 only). Especially the turbo, 190 stock horsies is what WE should have got in our GT's!

Ooh yes. Those are the best MR2's! I almost bought a yellow 92 turbo. Had T-tops and everything. Very nice car. I just didnt want to spend the money on it. They are a bit pricey!

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

FieroMaster88

7680 posts
Member since Nov 2000

Originally posted by Smokin' GT:

Ooh yes. Those are the best MR2's! I almost bought a yellow 92 turbo. Had T-tops and everything. Very nice car. I just didnt want to spend the money on it. They are a bit pricey!

Luni420

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Luni420Send a Private Message to Luni420Direct Link to This Post
Mr2s get 200 hp 200 torque on the turbo. The get a better suspension than the Fiero too. And I personally think they look way better especially the interior. Fieros are sick cars though, I just hate the gauges. Del Sols are nice as well but for the guy who said they get big motors, not even. The largest one they get is a 160 hp 1.6 ltr DOHC VTEC. Very moddable though. Theres turbokits and superchargers gallore for those things.
Tabs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TabsSend a Private Message to TabsDirect Link to This Post
I like the del sol is a quick little car!!!!1

But I still like my fiero more

Nashco

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Wow, sweet setup DXR! You have any more pics, larger? Or better yet, do you have a page for your del sol too?

Oh, as a side note, I really like your covered air filter cone setup...do you have plans to make a kit for that, or would you mind telling us where you got all the stuff?

Bryce
88 GT

DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2001 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
I'll have some more pics next week? It's at the shop now. No website for it. Here a old post with some more info:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/003023.html

DXR_DAD

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock