Fiero 4 seater in New England

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Fiero 4 seater in New England by chester
Started on: 08-27-2001 05:53 AM
Replies: 24
Last post by: Boomtastic on 08-29-2001 06:09 AM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
This is just a FYI to everyone that the 4 seater fiero is finally home in New England. We started the journey Saturday morning at 10:00am and have just rolled in. 2450 miles on the odometer! This was a none stop drive from New Hampshire to Milwalkee Wisconson, load up and drive back. I want to thank all involed EXPECIALLY Boomtastic and MsBeth for making the journey with us. We couldn't have done it without you two! I will post more about this including pics of the trip later today. The keys are getting hard to deferentiate from lack of sleep. So stay tuned! Oh, and the pictures that were posted really don't do the car any justice. Its SWEET! Thanks John!

Rob D.

PS spell check don't seem to be working so please excuse any errors!

------------------

Modified 2.8
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
Robert, it was great to finally meet all 4 of you in person and realize you are just as fanatical as us in Wisconsin! I must admit I was sad when I saw you pull away. I have had a lot of time with that car, heck you already new that just by all the stuff I gave you about the car. My dad looked at me and said "Do you think Robert will finish it" I turned to him (as you were pulling away) and said Oh yeah he had that same look in his eyes as I did when I got it home from the frame shop. He said "what look is that" I said "that look that I have big plans for this car" Well I got to get back to work, I'm glad all of you made it home safe and sound. You know, now that it's home you will probably have to give tours of it (if you haven't allready) Enjoy and I'm lookingh forward to seeing some of those picks posted. Later Fiero John
88CoupeV6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88CoupeV6Click Here to visit 88CoupeV6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88CoupeV6Direct Link to This Post
Wow, Glad to hear you got it home safely When are you inviting us up to look at it in person??? Also we want pics. Are you guys going to Marshfield Sunday, I hope to see you there.

------------------
Josh

Also 88 Yellow GT :D
My pics

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is "WOW, getting too old for this s**t!
That was a looonngg trip, but well worth it!

------------------
Elvira
Blue 87GT
Black 86GT 5sp x 2
86SC t-top 58k miles

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:
Robert, it was great to finally meet all 4 of you in person and realize you are just as fanatical as us in Wisconsin! I must admit I was sad when I saw you pull away. I have had a lot of time with that car, heck you already new that just by all the stuff I gave you about the car. My dad looked at me and said "Do you think Robert will finish it" I turned to him (as you were pulling away) and said Oh yeah he had that same look in his eyes as I did when I got it home from the frame shop. He said "what look is that" I said "that look that I have big plans for this car" Well I got to get back to work, I'm glad all of you made it home safe and sound. You know, now that it's home you will probably have to give tours of it (if you haven't allready) Enjoy and I'm lookingh forward to seeing some of those picks posted. Later Fiero John

Same here. It was a pleasure! If you’re ever in New England feel free to give me a jingle and you can come by and visit her. The trip back was LONG! It was cool to see all the people on the highway do a double take when they saw the car. We had people coming up to us at gas stations going "Never seen a stretch Fiero before!" We hit New York State and ran into the storm from hell. It poured thru the whole state. I was glad to get home. 2450 miles in 43 hours! That’s the most insane trip for me yet! Anyway thanks for everything and I'll keep you posted as to the progress of the project. You never know, you might see it at the Dell's someday .

Rob D.

------------------

Modified 2.8
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
We are so excited in anticipation of seeing this Fiero! I agree, pics please. But more importantly, when can we come by for a cookout and check it out????

Also, since Sept 3rd is Marian and I's anniversary, we were thinking on seeing how many Fiero nuts would like to join us after the Spindles show for dinner??

Steve & Marian Kelley

------------------

http://www.kelleyfamilyfieros.homestead.com/index.html

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pics from the trip.

The Rig. We used a Oldsmobile Bravada AWD loaded and a 18' car carrier for the trip.

The crew;

MsBeth

Elvira ducking the camera

Boomtastic

And me

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

chester

4063 posts
Member since Jun 2001
One of the many stops along the way.

Cool motorized parachute!

Bye bye daylight.

Turning her around. Kinda gives a good perspective on the lenght of the car.

Loading her up. Looks like a regular GT from the front.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, yeah, OK, we allready know what you looney tunes all look like, let's see some pics of this awesome Fiero!!

Please?

Steve & Marian

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
On the trailer.

Everybody say CHEEZE! Me, Boomtastic, Fiero Johns dad and Fiero John

Leaving the state.

We were tailgated all the way home!

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Doh!
Never mind...
PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88CoupeV6:
Wow, Glad to hear you got it home safely When are you inviting us up to look at it in person??? Also we want pics. Are you guys going to Marshfield Sunday, I hope to see you there.

Hi Josh,

We'll probably have a cookout some time after Spindles. I got some pics for you as well on the way. Here you go.

And yup, we are planning on going to Spindles. I hope a few others are too.

Rob D.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 08-27-2001).]

Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post
I'm glad you all made it back safely. That must've been some trip. I can't wait to see the car! Hope to see all of you Sunday

------------------
Jaime
AOL IM: Jaygee79

Jaygee79's Web Page

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post
What a great time we had I finally rolled into my driveway about 8:45 this morning. It is now about 11pm and I am looking forward to some sleep in a real bed (I had to work all day today - ugh!). I haven't had any real sleep since friday night- And Renee you aren't kidding ...we are getting too old for this - so when are we doing it again??? lol. Thanks again guys it was a great time! And so nice to meet John and his dad! Very nice folks! Maybe some day we'll see you both at the Dells? You just never know.

Pics look great! Thanks again Rob and Renee- you guys are the best! (hey Renee - did you find the knife? )

------------------

MsBeth

Urchin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2001 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UrchinSend a Private Message to UrchinDirect Link to This Post
Wow! First thing I'd be doing when I got it back is givin 'er a bath!

------------------

If you can read this, I'm parked.

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2001 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
Next roadtrip will be when I can talk Fiero John into giving up that White 88GT with t-tops (cold day in hell comes to mind!) or when Chester gets another wild hair up his a$$. Guess I had better stay out of the hospital, huh?

------------------
Elvira
Blue 87GT
Black 86GT 5sp x 2
86SC t-top 58k miles

88CoupeV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2001 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88CoupeV6Click Here to visit 88CoupeV6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88CoupeV6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:
Hi Josh,

I got some pics for you as well on the way. Here you go.
Rob D.

LOL, Thanks today is my 4th year anniversary working there. It is also the company's 94th year anniversary.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2001 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Great pics! I can't wait to see some progress... I remember talking to FieroJohn and his Dad years ago about the project- you've got quite an engineered piece there!

------------------

Medium Metallic Green 87 GT
3.1L High Output
4 Spd OD Tranny
Open (read: Loud) Exhaust
and More!
-Rob Bartlett

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2001 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
Look at my eyes and tell me I wasn't dragging a$$ at that point! When I brought the truck back, I noted over 2600 miles on it since I picked it up - *48* hours earlier. I can't wait for this weekend so I can sleep at the car show.

------------------
Boomtastic

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2001 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elvira:
Next roadtrip will be when I can talk Fiero John into giving up that White 88GT with t-tops (cold day in hell comes to mind!) or when Chester gets another wild hair up his a$$. Guess I had better stay out of the hospital, huh?

That would be a great idea!!! Try resting up from the trip before you doing anything that would require you to go back - ok

------------------

MsBeth

88CoupeV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2001 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88CoupeV6Click Here to visit 88CoupeV6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88CoupeV6Direct Link to This Post
"Speak your mind, Drink your beer"
PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2001 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Shpeak yer beer >hickup< drink yer mind >burp<

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2001 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
"Speak your mind, Drink your beer"

If you look closer at the speed limit sign in that picture, it actually says "Alcohol Limit .08" (I was so tired I thought it said "Speed Limit 80" only backwards!
It was an awesome time with good friends and now have some more friends halfway across the country! Thanks again John for the awesome car and thank to Eric and Beth for the great "entertainment" and company!

------------------
Elvira
Blue 87GT
Black 86GT 5sp x 2
86SC t-top 58k miles

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2001 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elvira:
It was an awesome time with good friends and now have some more friends halfway across the country! Thanks again John for the awesome car and thank to Eric and Beth for the great "entertainment" and company!

[/B]

Elvira Thank you and Chester, we had a wonderful time! It was a lot of fun. Thanks again.

------------------

MsBeth

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2001 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:
Shpeak yer beer >hickup< drink yer mind >burp<

The last time my beer spoke it was to the porcelin God.

------------------
Boomtastic

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock