Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  So....... How was the Western Regionals?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

So....... How was the Western Regionals? by Robert
Started on: 07-16-2001 08:16 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: artherd on 07-22-2001 09:40 PM
Robert

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2001 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
I’m sorry to say I wasn’t able to make it out there this Saturday, so I was wondering how the event went? I know the weather must have been like “crap” or as Mark Twain has been quoted, “The coldest Winter I’ve ever spent was a Summer in San Francisco”. The weather was crap in my hometown 20 miles inland, so I know it must have been bad on the bay.
Anyone have any pictures?
Anyone win any trophies?
Later
Robert

------------------

"By the time you die, you should be so used to
paying taxes that it would be almost second nature
to you."

Will Rogers, U.S. Writer and Humorist

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2001 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
It was SO cold that Kym Robinson actually put on some long pants!!!

Lots of ocean spray on the cars made it impossible to really detail them too.

Nice rides showed-up but the weather really made it intolerable.

I drove my Indy but did not plan to show. It turned out to be the only one there. Someone suggested I enter since I'd be gauranteed a trophy. But I figured that it basically boiled down to paying $35 (reg fee) for a trophy. I didn't want to get one that way, so I passed.

Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2001 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Direct Link to This Post
I'm still waiting to hear if I won the car.

------------------
- Chuck Hodges -
Fiero Parts Relay administrator

Ed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2001 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EdClick Here to visit Ed's HomePageSend a Private Message to EdDirect Link to This Post
You didn't.

About 25 cars in the judged portion. About nine not choosing to officially show.

All the awards below are based on second-hand information. Help me out!

One Mera, won in kit car of course, only entry; Chris West's 3.8 DOHC turbo (beautiful, a winner in super modified or some such); Neal's tricked out car (also beautiful, Presidents choice); our club member Richard choose not to show his Formula, would have been good competition, showed his coupe instead (won "trailer queen", only entry); my "THUMPED" GT (which see in archives) made it after being picked up at 3 pm Friday (hard luck award, although not that hard since I did made the show). I think Patrick from our club won modified (or custom?) coupe, Judy from our club won stock GT in her immaculate '88 GT T-tops (or maybe custom).

Weather was as described. People wrapped up in blankets.

Come to Lake Tahoe next year.

[This message has been edited by Ed (edited 07-17-2001).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2001 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robert:
The weather was crap in my hometown 20 miles inland, so I know it must have been bad on the bay.
Anyone have any pictures?
Anyone win any trophies?
Later
Robert

Gawd, it was cold. My shoes and socks got soaked from washing my car, so I had wet feet, too. Good thing my wife was coming down later, and brought a change for me.

There should have been a lot more cars there. The people running the show dropped the ball on marketing. We thought that San Francisco and the geographic location being near center would mean a lot of cars, but they refused to do any marketing other than the web site. Bummer.

Otherwise, it was great hanging with old Fiero friends. The hospitality suite was a nice touch. Lots of booze, friends, laughs and craziness.

fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2001 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Cheever2, but you did not win the 86 SE. It was won by Bill Cowsert who after driving the car came back to the hotel and said that he could not stop the car, (Drives an 88)so he gave it away to Kieth Huff.
Kieth brought the car to the shop and adjusted the brakes since the original owner never used the e-brake and the rear calipers needed adjustment. He also changed oil and installed a new battery and proceeded to drive the car home to LA.

I will have Terry Post some pictures of the show.

The club also has cd'd of the whole show including the run on Sunday available for sale at $10.00 ea.

------------------

[This message has been edited by fieroshop (edited 07-17-2001).]

West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2001 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey George, I dont care what anybody says - but in my opinion everything was great, I was gonna however call up your city's mayor about the weather and complain =-)

how do you guys do it, 880, 80, 980, 580 - the freeways out there confused the hell out of me

everything went great on the way home until Chris Sideris ( Yellow GT ) ran out of gas on the 154 going back home, Anthony went to get gas for him and the El Comino while we kicked back on the side of the road having some beers =-)

I just hope all the clubs dont see Fieros West as bar-hoppers =-) , hey, where's the bar?

hehe

dinner was great, Fakhri and I split an extra plate at the banquet, but we got shot down when we asked the cute waitress there where all the clubs were and if she wanted to go with - I think when Pam got out the riding crop was the pinacle and most interesting point on Saturday night.

by the way - we have to get youi to send down like 2 or 3 X-L shirts from the event, we forgot to get some.

Also I really liked hanging out at the shop, down to earth just like us, it was just like being at home ( except colder ).

We still think that thye raffle car should have been given to that one kid that works down the street from you thats trying to get rid of that blue 88 4cyl withy no starter motor =-)

Eric - West Coast Fiero www.cwestco.com
310-305-4111

WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2001 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post
I would have to disagree with dropping the ball on marketing. Western Regionals have never had to have that much marketing to be successful. It might just be a sign of the times that there are fewer Fieros out there on the road and even fewer that are cared for with the animosity that we on this forum do.
The point of having Western Regionals is to have a good time with others who love their Fieros. Ideas are exchanged and a truckload of fun is had. Okay and some alcohol is consumed...
Was there room for improvement? Sure. But every show can be improved, its called hindsight and its crystal clear 20/20 vision. Nobody was paid to do this, it was done by people who wanted to throw a huge weekend party for a bunch of car freaks to attend.
Those who didn't make it there for whatever reason missed out on seeing first hand why we enjoy our Fieros. Sure a plaque or a trophy is nice but if you are on the side of the road, that piece of plastic ain't going to help you out with a spare part or run for gas for you.
I had a great time at the Regionals!

Hope to see more of you in Tahoe!

West Coast Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2001 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for West Coast FieroClick Here to visit West Coast Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to West Coast FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Anthony - where are the bars in Tahoe?

hehehehe

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2001 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by West Coast Fiero:
Hey Anthony - where are the bars in Tahoe?

hehehehe

I'll answer that. On the Nevada side, they are everywhere, and they're open 24 hours. Can you say par-teeee???

WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2001 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post
Now I know where the bars are.

Everywhere.

As for the party, I have two words.

Fieros West.

We are SO going to rock that town next year.

PFF
System Bot
Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2001 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
Does this mean that next years show is at Lake Tahoe?
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2001 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
The wether wasn't toooo bad ":)

Cool meeting everybody, and seeing all the cars! My first show, but I thought the turnout was pretty good!

Looking forward to TAHOE next year!!!
Maybe I'll have the other car done and I can bring 'em both, YAY!!

PS: Thanks to George and everyone at FieroShop, I not only got to ENTER my car in the show, I actually placed second in Custom Coupe class! YahoO!!~!

PPS: I only found out about the show ~3weeks in advance, and only from passing mention somewhere on the fourm. I was like "what SF show?!" and I live 50miles north of SF. So hey. Anyway, it was fun fun fun. Fiero people rock.

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top Metalic Red
88 Formula, Silver
87 Coupe, Metalic Red
"Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
-Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C