Started on: 06-23-2001 06:53 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Ken Wittlief on 06-25-2001 04:19 PM
mrgone
From: Barrie Ontario, Canada / Bridgewater Nova Scotia, Canada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2001 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrgoneSend a Private Message to mrgoneDirect Link to This Post
well i finnaly got around to mathing up some of my finances... and hello! not looking good! no more late night cruises for me.

so, not much i can do to my car if i plan on living.but i still want to work on it and make it nicer.

what things that dont cost much do / can you do to your car?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroBritney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2001 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBritneySend a Private Message to FieroBritneyDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2001 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
detailing!!! like engine and interior. about all you might need is a spray can of black, a few little bottles of colors like silver and red. Touch up and clean everything you can. take off cooling tube to coil,alt and steelwool/polish them. they can be made to look almost chrome. Always very time consuming but very low cost. You could prob spend a whole weekend on it.
mrgone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2001 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrgoneSend a Private Message to mrgoneDirect Link to This Post
i already have that printed on my wall.
thats the list of to-do's when i have $

im talking like severe college-student broke

mrgone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2001 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrgoneSend a Private Message to mrgoneDirect Link to This Post

mrgone

598 posts
Member since Mar 2001
thats the stuff rogergarrison!
any other good ones anybody?
starfighter007@msn.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2001 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starfighter007@msn.comSend a Private Message to starfighter007@msn.comDirect Link to This Post
yep I would have to say detailing really getting to know your car aaah I wish I had the the time I love spending time cleaning and massaging my little baby Im going to make time tomorow And you made it sound like being broke is a bad thing shesh

[This message has been edited by starfighter007@msn.com (edited 06-23-2001).]

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2001 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
don't know if you have a 4 or 6 cyl. or what you've done already. just looked at mine and some of the cheaper things were just style stuff (or lack thereof depending on whos judging). a couple of the cheaper ones were;

painted my front speaker grills black to better match the dash. i thought they looked like patches before.

put in front hood scoops. they cost me about $30 and hardware was about another $10-15. guess that will depend on what you find. i also got another hood to try it on, that cost can be saved depending on how brave you are.

if it's a 4cyl a nice exhaust tip. also if it's a four maybe hit the junkyards or find someone whos upgrading and switch to dual exhaust. i got a brand new stock gt exhaust for my 4cyl. for about $160 installed. if you can find a nice used one maybe you can get it cheap enough to where installation won't hurt too much.

fool around with making a side scoop. i made a fairly ugly one for about $15, but it had that "did it myself" factor and i used it till i got some more. 2 or 3 people have shown doable designs.

keep the compatible car wheel list handy if you need (or just want different) wheels cause you never know what might pop up. i have most of a set of cavalier z24 wheels i got from a guy who didn't know what they were. he was told they were for a chevy and he tried to put them on his blazer. got 3 for $75. i'll get a 4th one when i see one cheap.

got a wing or want one? check the old threads to see what people have subbed for stock wings. i have a couple of different mustang wings i like and they're much more common and cheaper to come by, as are camaro/firebird wings. just set it on your car and see if you like it and if it will mount well.

i guess a lot of that will depend on what you luck across and/or what you have already or are after.

mrgone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2001 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrgoneSend a Private Message to mrgoneDirect Link to This Post
its a 86 1/2 2m4 5speed

ad i havent done anything to it cept a basic tuneup

how much are those tinted licence plate covers? i want 2

mrgone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2001 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrgoneSend a Private Message to mrgoneDirect Link to This Post

mrgone

598 posts
Member since Mar 2001
ill start cleaning / detailing, dremeling rust and undercoating/rust protecting tomorrow. dremel out that stupid plastic airbox and maybe even get out the liquid fiberglass.
mrgone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2001 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrgoneSend a Private Message to mrgoneDirect Link to This Post

mrgone

598 posts
Member since Mar 2001
oh and ill see about some of those deep paint chips too. i have a lot of them! and paint scrapes where 2 panels have rubbed together. ill also sand and paint my heat vents.
fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2001 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrgone:
how much are those tinted licence plate covers? i want 2

>I'm sure you could get two of them for $20. Or if you have red light cameras in your state, you can get the covers that fool the cameras for $40. Either way, they're illegal. When I got my ticket, the stupid cop told me he'd ticket me $75 the next time he saw me with them on. I'd give you mine, but I ripped them off and threw them right at the mother f**cker. Money sucks, doesn't it? Especially when you spend it all on pretty much nothing, and something mechanical screws up. Good luck!

PFF
System Bot
mrgone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2001 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrgoneSend a Private Message to mrgoneDirect Link to This Post
fropuff.. you jinxed me when you said that.
this evening right after i painted my vent grilles the starter went.
fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2001 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
Sh*t; sorry about that.
trigger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2001 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for triggerSend a Private Message to triggerDirect Link to This Post
I replaced the air box. Actually I'm doing it right now. I jacked up the left rear and put it on a jack stand. Pulled the wheel. Took out the wheel liner, the took out the air box(four bolts). Went to Ace and got a piece of 3 in. diameter 12 in. long pvc pipe for $.40. I'm gonna put that in then try making a scoop. I think I'll go finish it now.

------------------
Honestly officer, I was just keeping up with the flow of traffic. I know there aren't any cars in the area, that's how far behind I am.

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2001 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
detailing!!! like engine and interior. about all you might need is a spray can of black, a few little bottles of colors like silver and red. Touch up and clean everything you can. take off cooling tube to coil,alt and steelwool/polish them. they can be made to look almost chrome. Always very time consuming but very low cost. You could prob spend a whole weekend on it.

What he said.

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2001 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
Im skeptical about taking the airbox out.

that seems to be some kind of expansion chamber in there, and I suspect the engineers had some idea what they were doing.

if you take it out completely you will be sucking air from under the car, where is gonna be dustier

if you put a pipe in to replace it - then I wanna see the before and after 0 to 60mph and 1/4 miles times for your car on this mod.

i would keep it in one piece when you take it out - just in case the engineers really did know what they were doing - they wouldnt have molded that big thing in plastic in there without a good reason - the molds for that part had to cost $100,000 at least.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock