Have you seen this interior by jlruiz67
Started on: 08-07-2000 02:44 AM
Replies: 54
Last post by: Hal Spalter on 02-27-2001 06:37 PM
jlruiz67

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jlruiz67Send a Private Message to jlruiz67Direct Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Ehh, well as far as those pedals and that shift knob thingy, you can get stuff like that at Autozone...Im not really sure about that interior....I like the stock Fiero interior just the way it is. (of course i do like leather seats and woodgrain or carbon fiber dashes though.)
Homicidal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HomicidalSend a Private Message to HomicidalDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry.....that is GORGEOUS! OMG, I would LOVE to have that. *sigh*

If I only had the cash, and/or expertise!

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
That's the Pyranha interior.. Russian kit..

with the exception of the huge wing it came with, it's a SWEEEEET looking kit.....

I only wish I could make something that good looking.....

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i've got a set of those pedals. can't use 'em though. couldn't get the gas pedal on and the clutch pedal was too wide. it hit the side of the footwell and i couldn't compleatly push in the pedal. look for the small pedals if you try it.
jlruiz67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jlruiz67Send a Private Message to jlruiz67Direct Link to This Post
Does anyone know where it can be found?? and how much $$$
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I'm with you Homi- that interior is the most beautiful I've ever seen for the Fiero. What a piece of work! Looks like I have a whole NEW mission in life...(to purchase/ fabricate an interior like that!)

-Taiji

DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
I have the pedals and shift knob.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=99075&a=723595&p=21451561&Sequence=2
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=99075&a=5080942&p=20941720&Sequence=4

this is on a short shifter rod:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=99075&a=5080942&p=21451564&Sequence=0

There is another pic of the pedals in the gallery I don't know who's it is.

DXR_DAD

elfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for elfieroClick Here to visit elfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to elfieroDirect Link to This Post
Sign me up for one of those interior kits
cost be damned!I must have it!MAYBE WE COULD
DO A GROUP PRICE THING!!!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:
I'm with you Homi- that interior is the most beautiful I've ever seen for the Fiero. What a piece of work! Looks like I have a whole NEW mission in life...(to purchase/ fabricate an interior like that!)

-Taiji

If you think that's the most beautiful interior you've ever seen, you must not have seen Eddy Snaauw/Scott Tildens interior. His should be for sale in the next month or 2. Here are some pics of it.

Here are some pics of the dash installed in Eddys car.

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 08-07-2000).]

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
The interior originally mentioned is from the Pirahna Kit. I think it's Russian... SUpposedly I heard a while back that some company from Pennsylvania was supposed to import it to the states and sell the kit.
PFF
System Bot
Jaei Sun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunDirect Link to This Post
I like the Eddy Snaauw/Scott Tilden interior except the door handles... they look like they're only a inch deep. I hate that pit style, I would much rather prefer the handle that you can close your fist around so ya can really grab the door while doing extreme driving. If the part that comes back up (that forms the arc) was the handle I would like the doors.

Heres another picture of that Pyranha interior painted and from the side so you can see the door (and it's handle). The Pyranha interior reminds me of my friends Stealth interior quite a bit.
http://members.aol.com/death2thepixies/Pyranha_door_shot_painted.jpg

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Well I dont much care for that first one posted (like I said, I like the stock Fiero interiors), but, Monkeyman, those pics of that interior you posted ARE sweet! That one has really grown on me..is that made by the same company as the first? If not, do you know who makes it? I really like that dash setup, and the black/tan is sweet to!

[This message has been edited by My7Fieros (edited 08-07-2000).]

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I like both kits. They are sweet! The second kit looks a little like a Volkswagen interior to me... mostly because of the color combination. Reminds me of the Passat a little bit.
jlruiz67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jlruiz67Send a Private Message to jlruiz67Direct Link to This Post
OK this is great but does anyone know where to get the original post interior? I like it a lot and I like to know where I can get this and how much. I still have drull to clean off my keyboard. Thank you all for the great response.
Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
That kit or the interior for that matter is not made anymore....Sorry to bust your bubble but unless someone acctually can reproduce it from the few pics on the web your not gonna have it.......

Loki

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
I think the second interior is way better. The first interior has kit car written all over it. The second looks like a new car interior. If it will be for sale, make sure you post it to the forum.

jlruiz67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2000 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jlruiz67Send a Private Message to jlruiz67Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Loki:
[B]That kit or the interior for that matter is not made anymore....Sorry to bust your bubble but unless someone acctually can reproduce it from the few pics on the web your not gonna have it.......

That really is to bad. I really liked the interior kit on the first post and I like it better than the second so I guess I'll have to wait. Thank you all for the help on this one.

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2000 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
According to Scott Tilden (the gentleman who purchased Eddys molds), the interior kit should be ready in about a month. I'm trying to keep in touch with Scott on this. He's making a few minor refinements and working on getting a patent. I think the price will start somewhere around $1400US for a bare or vinyl painted kit and go up from there. He said that covering it in leather would add way too much to the price. I'll keep everyone updated as to Scotts progress.

------------------
Dave-
Grape Ape ('85GT)

filthyscarecrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2000 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for filthyscarecrowSend a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post
theone thing that i find that's missing from every fiero interior is a proper MOMO steering wheel. i have the mod31 race wheel on mine (12.6 in- anything with a larger diameter is too big for a fiero). the center comes undrilled so you can drill it to fit your current hub, or you can take an aluminum ring and make a hub adapter for it. i also have a custom short shifter. it uses a 5/8" bolt for the shaft and it is bent at about a 45 degree angle. my dad's friend drove it and he said it feels exactly like his 800HP porsche 911 twin turbo GT1-R car. the shift knob is custom made of plumbing pieces and is filled with solder to make it about 12 oz. the weight in the knob smoothes out the shift throw. the loud pedal is also modified. it's wider to make it easier to heel and toe when i downshift. and since my gunboat feet are pretty wide anyway, i couldn't push the clutch all the way down to the follr without my foot hitting the carpet in the footwell, so we put a 3/4" extension on the pedal. it looks liek an ordinary aluminum racing clutch pedal, but it goes all the way to the floor without any hangups. the rest of the interior is kinda shabby though, which is why i wahted to transplant the oen from my 85GT. (headliner post). i can try to get pix of the wheel if anyone is interested. the wheel costs ~170 w/shipping from http://www.sportscar-parts.com. the adapter ring is free if you know the right people (anyone who works with aluminum should be able to make you one.)

------------------
me go fast.

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2000 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
For $170, I don't want to have to drill anything. I bought a Grant wheel at Autozone for about $60. It's not leather (although you couldn't tell by looking at or feeling it) and it doesn't have any expensive name on it, but it sure looks good and feels good, too. I'm not flaming your choice of steering wheel, but I'm cash poor and couldn't justify that kind of $$ just for a wheel.
PFF
System Bot
filthyscarecrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2000 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for filthyscarecrowSend a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post
i totally understand monkeyman, i have a grant wheel on my other fiero. but there's a reason why MOMO wheels are that expensive. they're THAT good. i was skeptical at first, but seriously, these wheels are made for race cars so that the drivers are comfortable and it feels like an extension of their hand. the idea is to reduce fatigue. it works. the grant wheel was nice and far more comfortable than the stock fiero bus wheel, but like i sed, you get what you pay for, and the momo is niiiiiiice
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2000 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I dunno Monkydude, I think I'm still stuck on the first interior. The one you posted is nice, but still a bit boxy for me. As for Black88GT's comment about it lookinging like a kit car interior, my first response was "WHAT???" It looks more production to me than the original Fiero interior! The ONLY issue I have with it, is it sort of remonds me of a Ford interior with all the rounded areas. It's almost TOO much, but still very tasteful. I'm going to do some research and see what would go into making something similar.

-Taiji

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2000 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
According to Eddy, about 600-700 hours of work. Good luck.
Dan86gt3.8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2000 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan86gt3.8Send a Private Message to Dan86gt3.8Direct Link to This Post
yes whoever said they are nto making it was right. I think it came out in kit car about a year ago and the magazine got a huge response. But they messed up and and put the wrong interior pics with the car. Then the Used to be russian car sold it to some company in the US. I am almost positive that I called the new US company and asked them if they had any or were going to make any of thoose interiors and they told me they were not and they don't even make the body kit anymore ethier. Maybee I can dig up my old kit cars and get my facts striaght, but they are packed up in boxes ready to go to school with me so it might be awhile........
Fiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2000 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero86Send a Private Message to Fiero86Direct Link to This Post
To everyone who commented about the Piranha kits:

I have a TR Piranha kit on my '86 Fiero SC. The limited production number for this kit is 8. I got mine for free from my grandfather, as he is a used car dealer, but i know since the kits are very rare they are expensive. im adding a spoiler to my car in about a week, and touchin it up a little bit. Soon I will add a picture to this page so everyone can see how sweet my car is.

------------------
Fiero Fan
Falconwreslr@aol.com

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2000 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

This Piranha Kit??

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2000 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
That's the Russian kit. there's a Testarossa lookalike kit which is also called the Piranha..

(see what I mean about the big wing??)

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2000 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry, but I think the Russian built Piranha kit is way to gimmicky. I like scoops and ducts, etc, but there are just too darn many on that car. I do, however, like the wing.
contra

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2000 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for contraSend a Private Message to contraDirect Link to This Post
i used to think the piranha kit was amazing especially the interior options i've seen. But i'd take an F355 spyder or 2000 Diablo Roadster kit over the piranha any day if i had the money to choose
I find the piranha looks kind of goofy now that i look at it, especially with that wing...*shudder*
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2001 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
That interior isn't a Russian kit at all, its a custom stereo install. The guy made it himself for competition, here is his address. http://www.perigee.net/~lunapark/ I'm guessing if you want that interior it will cost you dearly. later!
PFF
System Bot
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
my mistake sorry, it looked sort of the same from the link I had.
Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
The interior from the Custom dash and the Pihranna are TOTALLY different.....?????????
Not anywhere clost to the same, well there both custom, thats all....

------------------
Loki
ICQ# 16477998

jlhuber

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jlhuberSend a Private Message to jlhuberDirect Link to This Post
My vote is for Eddy's dash. The other one looks cool, but I could never own and drive a Fiero that had that interior. If I am ever to succeed in getting another Fiero, I will be putting Eddy's dash/interior in it. Just my $0.02 worth

--Jess

Supernaut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SupernautClick Here to visit Supernaut's HomePageSend a Private Message to SupernautDirect Link to This Post
does anyone here read Russian?
http://www.laura.ru/laura3.html

------------------
Supernaut
86 GT (in progress)
86 SE

Supernaut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SupernautClick Here to visit Supernaut's HomePageSend a Private Message to SupernautDirect Link to This Post

Supernaut

42 posts
Member since Jun 2000

I do like this interior, and the kit for that matter...but I am most interested in what the text in the last paragraph says.

Цена готового автомобиля - от 20000$, набора деталей - от 3500$.

hmmmm

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Here are some pics of the dash installed in Eddys car.

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 08-07-2000).]

Hey Monkey,
What do you think it would cost?? I would like the dash but not the door panels..

------------------

"AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! All Fiero's don't start on fire you BONEHEAD!!!!"

jlhuber

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jlhuberSend a Private Message to jlhuberDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Supernaut:

After seeing this picture, I like the door pannels. The rest of the interior just doesn't do it for me.

--Jess

Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Supernaut:

I do like this interior, and the kit for that matter...but I am most interested in what the text in the last paragraph says.

Цена готового автомобиля - от 20000$, набора деталей - от 3500$.

hmmmm

It says:
The price of the ready automobile - from $20000, for kit - from $3500.

Basically it says that there are many option available in seating, wheels, wings, etc. according to the taste of the customer.

More...
" - the third generation of automobiles " - a new stage in the production program " the Design - centre "Style" on release of sports exclusive models.
The sports automobile is constructed on the chassis of manufacture General Motors by principle KIT CAR. The effective body is made of high-strength plastic.
Under plastic panels - powerful skeleton Pontiac Fiero, strong steel two-level protective bars in doors.
The body can have decorative coverings from polyester pitch such as GELCOAT, or is painted by enamels such as DUPONT or PPG.
The automobile can be equipped with wide scale of engines: - 2.8 V-shaped 6-cylinder capacity 150 h.p. (variant withup to 250 h.p.) - 2.3 QUAD-4 capacity 325 h.p. - 4.6 NORTH STAR, V-shaped 8-cylinder capacity 300 h.p.
Various types transmissions - 4 or 5 step mechanical, or 4 band automatic device are stipulated.

Nothing about it not being available...

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
More from the Russian page...

They opened an interior shop last year...

They have a silver and yellow factory race car. They don't call it the Pyrahna as we do. They say it gets 'enthusiastic attention' everywhere it goes..
"In city streets this machine is invariable allocated in an automobile stream, causing curiosity at many worldly-wise drivers. Want same? If you have Pontiac Fiero your desire is quite feasible.."

And apparently their main line is some kind of armored car and they also are Chevrolet dealers! But they sell different things than we have. They have the Camaro, Blazer, and Tahoe that we do, but they also have another differnt Blazer that looks like a Geo or something. Also they have the 'Chevrolet' Trans Sport and 'Chevrolet' Alero. And the Cadillac STS.

Pretty wild stuff... I enjoyed looking at this site!

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock