Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Is the Eddy Snaauw/Scott Tilden interior kit available yet?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Is the Eddy Snaauw/Scott Tilden interior kit available yet? by TwisT
Started on: 01-28-2001 05:01 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: william_thorniii on 02-05-2001 09:28 AM
TwisT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwisTClick Here to visit TwisT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TwisTDirect Link to This Post
After reading up on an old post regarding Eddy Snaauw's Fiero interior, I understand that the molds had been sold to Scott Tilden. He was working on getting a patent for the kit and preparing for offering the kits to the public. Here is the related thread:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/003193.html

Anyone know if these kits are available yet? If not, I would like to get ahold of Scott for info.

Thanks gang!

Brett

[This message has been edited by TwisT (edited 01-28-2001).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
From what little I've heard, there are no plans to to make anything with the molds.
Rashaam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RashaamSend a Private Message to RashaamDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know how to contact Eddy or Scott?

------------------
87 Fiero GT V8 (coming soon)
90 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd
95 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd
rashaam@hotmail.com

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2001 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
Get in touch with William Thorn III. He might still have Eddy's e-mail.
TwisT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TwisTClick Here to visit TwisT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TwisTDirect Link to This Post
Will do that Fiero56... thank you.

Brett

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I think Monkeyman knows quite a bit about this dash, too.
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Tilden has intentions of manufacturing some kits. He has given me reason to doubt his competency though. Eddy has assured me that if Mr. Tilden does not produce a product in the future, he will sell an additional set of molds to another individual that will manufacture and sell them.

William T. Thorn, III

TwisT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwisTClick Here to visit TwisT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TwisTDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear William... it would be a shame to see such a well orchastrated and attractive Fiero interior go by the wasteside. It is, by far, the best I've seen. There are a few kits out there now that, in my opinion, don't even come close.

Keep us informed about the interior kit... I know that I'm not the only one who is very interested in purchasing.

Thanks again,

Brett

'88 "Italfiero" GT

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Standard--Mostly what I know is that I wasted quite a few long distance minutes on the phone with Mr. Tilden. I've emailed him quite a few times, too. He hasn't even bothered to respond recently. I'm guessing that he's just a spoiled rich kid who wanted a one off interior. Glad to hear that Eddy might sell another set of molds to someone that actually wants to do something with them. Wish I had the money. I'd buy his other set of molds in a New York minute.
BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
Why don't we collectively by the molds and reproduce them ourselves? Just a thought!!

Peace, B2 OUT!

TwisT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwisTClick Here to visit TwisT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TwisTDirect Link to This Post
Interesting thought BAM... VERY interesting.
PFF
System Bot
Seanh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2001 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity, how much do these molds cost? Might be an Idea, a PFF Fiero Performance and Upgrades Store
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Nice idea, but...who's going to do the work? How much money would he/she get? Who controls the money? Who would actually make the decisions? Etc, etc.
GarethWright

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GarethWrightSend a Private Message to GarethWrightDirect Link to This Post
Are there any pics of this interior on the internet anywhere?
TwisT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwisTClick Here to visit TwisT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TwisTDirect Link to This Post
Gare, to see pictures check out the thread link above on the first post.
Rashaam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RashaamSend a Private Message to RashaamDirect Link to This Post
If the price is right I would buy the molds and reproduce them. William do you have an e-mail for Eddy?

------------------
87 Fiero GT V8 (coming soon)
90 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd
95 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd
rashaam@hotmail.com

william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Gentlemen,

The fact of the matter is that Eddie has sold the molds (last summer). He was only asking $10-15,000 at that point. This is an extremely low price considering folks pay $1000+ for PISA dashes and the like. Part of the agreement was that the purchaser must make interior kits available for sale. I helped Eddy communicate with Mr. Tilden prior to the sale (since Eddy's English is not his strong point). At that time Mr. Tilden claimed that his neighbor was going to make them for him. I am not aware if Eddy placed a statute of limitations on the time that Mr. Tilden had before Eddy would make his back up molds available.

If and only if Mr. Tilden does not get kits to the market, then Eddy will consider selling his back up set of molds. They are the wood molds that are shown on his website.

Like many of you, I would kill to have an interior that looked like Eddys. It is near perfect.

William T. Thorn, III

TwisT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwisTClick Here to visit TwisT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TwisTDirect Link to This Post
William,

On behalf of all of us Fiero owner's who have been seeking information about Eddy's kit, I would like to thank you for providing us with great information. I know that Eddy is very proud of his interior, and I know that he is concerned about getting the molds to someone who will in fact reproduce and sell kits faithfully.

Eddy's one hell of a guy... I spoke to him a couple of years ago about his interior when it wasn't even finished. He even asked me if I was interested in purchasing the molds for reproduction (!!!!!) when he was finished with them. At the time, I believe he was talking with Mr. Mike's about it. I always thought that Mr. Mike would have been a shoe-in candidate for Eddy's interior, but I'm not sure exactly why he didn't take it on.

William, if you can, let Eddy know that he's got a lot of Pennock (and non=Pennock) Fiero enthusiasts feeling that his interior is the best we've seen.

For those of you who haven't visited Eddy's Fiero page, here is his link:

http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/FIERO_2/index.html

Thanks again William! Oh yeah, don't forget to get Eddy to join Pennock, even if his English isn't that great!

Brett

'88 "ITALFIERO" GT

BAM-BAM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2001 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
I saw this kit for sale on E-Bay a couple of months ago. This same picture was featured.

I can't recall the details. I know that I downloaded the pic for some reason. Then I went to the link posted above and there it was. I think someone should contact "Mr" Tilden and find out what's going on. If anyone has his E-Mail addy, I'll do it. LMK

Peace, B2 OUT!

[This message has been edited by BAM-BAM (edited 02-03-2001).]

TwisT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2001 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwisTClick Here to visit TwisT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TwisTDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhh boy. I wonder if it was the dash itself or if it was the molds. If it was in fact on Ebay, it was either at the time where Eddy was looking for someone to purchase the molds, or it's TILDEN dropping out of his responsibility.

I wonder, I wonder, I wonder...

BAM-BAM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2001 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
Twist, That is the exact picture that was on E-Bay. Obviously there was a connection to Tilden because I filed it in my documents as tildeninterior. Yes it was on E-Bay, the bidding was over $400.00 when I last saw it. I remember that there was a coment about it not being a complete unit that pieces were not included, like the vents ect.. I wouldn't try and scam anyone, it was there. And that is the same pic on Eddy's site. If anyone has Tildens Address, I would be more than happy to contact him.

Peace, B2 OUT!

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2001 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
I'd be more than interested in buying him out if this Tilden guy can't seem make it happen.

Anyone who might have contact info please send it to me.

Thanks

Archie

TwisT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2001 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TwisTClick Here to visit TwisT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TwisTDirect Link to This Post
BAM, thanks for the great clarification.

Archie, we'll see what we can come up with for you.

Brett
Yankton, SD
'88 "ITALFIERO" GT

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2001 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Archie--I'll see if I can find Mr. Tildens phone number/email addy on my old computer. If you work a deal with him, remember who gave you the info. I'd like my free dash sent to: _________________
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2001 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Friends,

I contacted Eddy. I will let him decide what to do. I no longer have Mr. Tilden's e-mail. I did, however; notify him of the Forum and the many folks that might be interested in his dash months ago.

William T. Thorn, III

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock