Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What is the ugliest Fiero or Fiero mod youve seen? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What is the ugliest Fiero or Fiero mod youve seen? by My7Fieros
Started on: 09-25-2000 08:20 PM
Replies: 85
Last post by: HYPTNOTiSE on 10-02-2000 01:47 PM
My7Fieros

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
I was inspired by something I saw on ebay (Haze posted a link to it on the mall section)...its a "gator" something or another hood for the Fiero. G-ross!
What ugly ones have you seen?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
contra

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for contraSend a Private Message to contraDirect Link to This Post
i'm sorry to those who have them
but i absolutely cringe at the "FI-AIR-O" over the roof scoops.

i also remember seeing a purple fiero with wide fenders posted here and all sorts of weird mods

looks pretty extreme...to the point of it looking silly.

DjKid
No longer registered
Report this Post09-25-2000 09:20 PM   Send a Private Message to contraDirect Link to This Post
I kinda like them lights.. but good god that scoop.. pardon me whilest lose my lunch

------------------
Ray - Blue 88 Coupe
My Blue Knight - Carolina Fieros

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I agree.. that hood is horrible.
and the purple fiero w/wide fenders does look sort of goofy IMHO..

I've seen a few Fieros that were ugly simply because of the horrible condition they were in, but I've seen some that are simply modded out to the point of looking ridiculous..

Here's one that's just scary...

and don't forget this one... http://www.angelfire.com/il/xd/cars.html

very sorry if these cars belong to forum members!!!

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

[This message has been edited by DaRkLoRD (edited 09-25-2000).]

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
I like that car with the fins on the front. I've been thinking about that. I have a model of a racing NSX with those little fins on the front for added downforce. And I know at real high speeds, the front end of the Fiero gets real loose, so I thought about finding some way to manufacture something like that (Not like I'd ever drive fast enough to really use it though ) But it's good to see one of my crazy ideas in reality
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I think the Jalapeno is pretty fugly.
http://www.cybercars.com/mnfr/fierohq/jalapeno.html

I realize that some Forum members actually like this thing. That's okay. You're entitled. Just my opinion.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula T-Top
88 Coupe (soon to receive transplant.)
88 "pretzeled" Formula

Out of my mind.
Back in five minutes.

Seanh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhDirect Link to This Post
Oh man, you guys are gonna hate me now. I must admit I really like that purple Fiero with the wide fenders. I agree the gator hood thing is pretty nasty lookin. I think that Fiero with the NSX idea doesnt look too bad, but a little too much. I kinda like that body kit Raydar posted. That would be fun for a beach car like a dune buggy fiero. As far as Mercruiser guys car, those engines get my boat up to speed great, I wouldnt ever think about putting on in my Fiero, but hey, it runs. That interior of that car is just down right discusting though. I think he conveyed his boat message very well. As for that stretched Fiero. umm. NO. but just think of the room you would have for you engine. Can you say V12?

------------------
Sean Heberly
Silver 86 GT 2.8
Killer Stereo System

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2000 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post
I don't know. The purple one looks kinda cool. The picture is dark though. Are there any better pics?

------------------
Rick Lord
Webmaster
http://www.KitKar.com

HYPTNOTiSE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2000 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HYPTNOTiSEClick Here to visit HYPTNOTiSE's HomePageSend a Private Message to HYPTNOTiSEDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I'm going to get assinated for saying this, but I hate 3 things.

(1)- Tall wing stations for spoilers, When ever i see them, I just want to Karate Chop the spoiler.

(2) Holley scoups, Come on guys, really what are these doing for your car? Especially for 100-150 bucks!

(3) Cheezy 80's grahpics that say fiero really big, or have a big pegasus on the hood. It's like they're trying to combine the late 70's with the late 80's, Smokey and the bandit ring a bell? Well that was a firebird not a pegasus. Pegausi were not meant to be displayed on the hood of a fiero.

As far as the uglyiest fiero, it had to be the one that me and jeff were towing that cuaght fire, man that was ugly.

------------------
Mike LeCompte
86 Fiero GT 3.2L w/ Nitrous

StuGood

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StuGoodSend a Private Message to StuGoodDirect Link to This Post
When I looked at that "Gator" hood, I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair! Now, just put one of those on that ugly yellow and black "Fiero mini pickup (puke-up?) truck," and you'd have something. What, I don't know, but don't park it in my driveway.
PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
That gator-job is heinous looking.There is no telling what depths the anti artistic among us will go.Before they market such a product, I think they should go to a local junior college art student to get their input before wasting time puting such idiocy on the road. The only benefit in those cars is to make the stock Fieros that much more beautiful.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Amen to the Gator hood, cant believe anyone buys them. Rear wings-well they dont do a d__n thing unless you drive over 150 mph. The absolutely dumbest thing I ever see (on any car) are these stupid wheels that stick out a foot past the side of car, I go into spasms laughing so hard when i see them. not to mention there eating wheel bearings like M&Ms. Also some of the paint jobs, colors, make me wonder what on earth owner is thinking. BTW, I think the faux yellow pickup is kinda cool, even though I dont like pickups either. All my opinions, everyone is entitled.
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
I didn't save the link but several months ago someone posted a picture of an interior that was recovered with yellow and white marine vinyl. It hut my eyes!

As far as the gray primer Fiero with the little fins on the front... he is in my Fiero club. A really nice guy. His interior is modified about as mush as his exterior. The car started life as a formula. I think it'll look pretty good if he ever gets around to painting it.

On a side note, he just got the car back from being stolen. He found it in a pond where it was submerged for eight days. he drained all the fluids and refilled the crank case and cylindars with oil, let the computer dry out, refilld all the fluids to the proper level and a week later fired it up. In less than a month he was driving it again. Gotta love his perseverance!

Roy

HugGRRRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroDirect Link to This Post
I think I've seen that Fiero with the yellow and white interior on a webpage. I think the guy has a Mercruiser engine in it too, must be an avid boater. Too bad it wasn't made like one of those amphibious cars that go on land or water, now that would be cool.

That's quite the story on that car with the fins. I would have been ticked.

bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
there is a SE running around town with a vinyl roof!

i have also seen a GT with a vinyl roof, TALL rear wing, a UgLy sHaDe of purple, cut springs, off set "roller skate" wheels, and curb feelers... i laughed so hard, i almost ran off the road, when i saw it.

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
(3) Cheezy 80's grahpics that say fiero really big, or have a big pegasus on the hood. It's like they're trying to combine the late 70's with the late 80's, Smokey and the bandit ring a bell? Well that was a firebird not a pegasus. Pegausi were not meant to be displayed on the hood of a fiero.

You mean like this? )

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Or do you mean like this? :o)

------------------

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to go way out on a limb and take a wild guess, but were those last 2 cars Fieros?????
rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
I think everyone agrees that the Gator hood is bad. I do honestly like the yellow truck-ish Fiero, definately 1 of a kind! My first Fiero was a 2M4, I painted it yellow and put a big Pegassus on the hood. I sold it to a friend, and he still drives it. I like the Peg on the hood and so does he, but most people don't. Oh well.

I saw a '84-6 coupe with a GT fastback rear clip, and no ground effects, man was that funny looking.

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Mike, all those 80s stickers are so stupid. Apparently Mr. 2M4 (steve kelley) doesn't think so....

As for the ugliest fiero I have seen (other then the rough rider mike and I towed) is probably

[img] http://www.midwestmodifieds.com/car_images/Puckett/06210021.jpg[/img]

Well maybe not the ugliest but its the first one that came to mind....

PFF
System Bot
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
damn, I screwed that one up! Lets see if this one works....

HugGRRRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroDirect Link to This Post
Black88GT's Picture

I just linked it using the url code

JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
The worst looking Fiero That I've seen was when I lived back in Kenosha. It had the rear wheel drive crome wheels with spinners sticking out the sides and it was painted bass boat gold.
I think the the scoops on the gator hood should be facing back. Then it might be actually doing something.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure that everybody remembers that the yellow El Fiero has a longitudinal V8 in it.
2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessDirect Link to This Post
Ok Here goes.
The El Fiero thingy is kinda cool.

The purple thing is awful !!

I saw a Fiero on the Dayton CD with a Mitsu
Eclipse Spoiler on it. Thought that was disgusting too.

I have to agree with the extended stantions, they just don't look right.

A few Years ago I saw a 2M4 with a wing that reminded me of the top fuel dragsters, definite yuck!!

As for the Gator kit, I like the hood scoop, but those lights look freaky.

Well that's my opinion. Hope I didn't offend anyone here.

------------------
Jeff
85GT

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Did everyone forget the Pimpmobile mod?
I don't even remember the kit name but it was complete with about 300lbs of chrome and a continental kit for the rear.
Xtreme Fiero's

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xtreme Fiero'sClick Here to visit Xtreme Fiero's's HomePageSend a Private Message to Xtreme Fiero'sDirect Link to This Post
I hate the Wing lift things. they are Fowl looking.

DjKid
No longer registered
Report this Post09-26-2000 09:22 PM   Send a Private Message to Xtreme Fiero'sDirect Link to This Post
to each his own yes, but in my opinion, it being humble and stuff.. them lifted wings... are just well.. ugh ya know..

------------------
Ray - Blue 88 Coupe
My Blue Knight - Carolina Fieros

Sleeper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SleeperSend a Private Message to SleeperDirect Link to This Post
Everyone is gonna hate me.

In my area there are a lot of sh*tty looking stock fieros so I dislike seeing stock fieros, the wheel/fender gap, lame stock rims, etc. etc. Come-on guys modify it, the possibilites are endless, race or show is the way to go. Also, some are laughting at and knocking these guys with their fiero body kits and interior choices but at least they have imagination and are willing to show it. I personally laugh at stock fieros with NOS, haha, (and some of our repected fiero shops do too), everybody could put NOS in a car but could everybody thought up that purple fiero's body kit?

HugGRRRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroDirect Link to This Post

Don't worry, I'm going with the stock 2.8 dual exhaust Man, I love graphic programs.

------------------

HugGRRRFiero@hotmail.com

PFF
System Bot
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
"(3) Cheezy 80's grahpics that say fiero really big, or have a big pegasus on the hood. It's like they're trying to combine the late 70's with the late 80's, Smokey and the bandit ring a bell? Well that was a firebird not a pegasus. Pegausi were not meant to be displayed on the hood of a fiero."

Oops, I forgot this one :o)

------------------

stsmithgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stsmithgtClick Here to visit stsmithgt's HomePageSend a Private Message to stsmithgtDirect Link to This Post
Ouch! I have a feeling there's going to be a big rush to get into flame suits in this thread if one of these owners doesn't take it so lightly ha ha ha. At least there isn't any dingle balls around the windows because those are known to be in low and SLOW cars.
Jaygee79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaygee79Send a Private Message to Jaygee79Direct Link to This Post
I don't like the mods on the purple one, but I LOVE the color
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I think the purple car looks kinda cool. The flared fenders do look a bit odd, but that is a tough angle to judge it on too.
I like the higher wing stantions on some Fieros, like Phil randolphs yellow formula.
As for "cheesy" graphics, we have won quite a few trophies with these particular Fieros :o)

------------------

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2000 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm ok the purple one, the yellow one, and the primer one w/ all that rediculas crap on the front are just plain butt a$$ fugly! Im not a big fan of extreme mods, but slight mods are usually pretty cool.
Fiero5, I personally think decals are pretty cool. I prob. wouldnt have done the big FIERO on the side of the white one, but its still not too bad. I do like the pegasus on the hood though...pretty cool.
I like stock Fieros for the most part though. But hey, you can only look at pics of stock Fieros for so long!
Jaei Sun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jaei SunSend a Private Message to Jaei SunDirect Link to This Post
Since the angle and the light was bad on that purple fiero... Here's some better pictures to see it better... Personally I think that first picture makes it look bad... I like it myself in these photos.

HYPTNOTiSE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
User Banned

Report this Post09-27-2000 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HYPTNOTiSEClick Here to visit HYPTNOTiSE's HomePageSend a Private Message to HYPTNOTiSEDirect Link to This Post
yeah fiero 5, that's exactly what what i was talking about, I hate those crappy graphics, where in the hell did you find those pics of those HIDEOUS looking fieros. Man those are quite possibly the worst looking fiero's i've even seen. they should have opted for the high wing too. Great find man. Thats hilarious.

------------------
Mike LeCompte
86 Fiero GT 3.2L w/ Nitrous

TheFiero64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheFiero64Click Here to visit TheFiero64's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheFiero64Direct Link to This Post
I think that the graphics on all of Fiero5's cars look great. Especially in person. It gives the cars a different personality. At shows there are always a lot of positive comments towards them and it gets the cars recognized right away.

------------------

BellaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BellaFieroSend a Private Message to BellaFieroDirect Link to This Post
You know... the Ricers, the Custom Guys, the Purists... they all have good points and bad. I personally like custom cars, heavily modded so it's almost not recognizable to stock. Our cars were abandoned by Pontiac - so I make it MY car the way I WANT it. Everything functional? Of course not. Not at highway speeds. Maybe if I strap an f-16 to her, then just maybe. The spoiler... uh, guys... the tall spoilers are just as effective as the factory spoilers - appearance only (doubt me? go pour water on your stock spoiler and do 60 on the freeway ). The purple Fiero? ROCKS. That's alot of hard work put into that one, and I bet it scares the hell out of Ricers. The yellow Fiero? Not my style, but definitely someones. So I give him mad props. The Fi-Air-O over the roof scoops? Love em to death. Never trade them. They make my car look a little beefier, and the intimidation factor alone is awesome. Customizing cars is about a lot of things. But for me, it’s about creating a ride that thrills me. In drive, in style, in appearance. I would never drive a Sentra. Might be a nice car, but it just aint ME! And stock Fieros? Well… they’re sorta me. But I prefer my Fi-Air-O scoops, my tinted windows, my booming bass, my Kameleon CD player over the stock radio, the 6x9s under the dash, my polished aluminum black cherry –automatic- shifter ( with shift button cleverly disguised in the top ! Woohoo! Good for ten HP gain! ), black cherrry / wine paint job, my neon interior kit, my underbody neon kit, the Cobra Mini Jet hood scoop up front, my Custom sail panels with a blood-red Pegasus proudly proclaiming it’s Jayse’s Bella Donna, my Trans Am Ram Air racing stripes that vorpal the hood, and my…

… you get the idea. And you all can sit here and point and laugh and go “ha ha, that’s the stupidest looking thing.” But every where I go, I’ve got a legion of kids telling me how cool my car is, an army of custom body shops telling me I did good work for a 19 year old in his old man’s garage, and a plethora of girls who want me to take them for rides.
So I aint got no worries.
- - - - - - - - -
You can have my semi-functional hood scoop when you pry it from my dead hands.

[This message has been edited by BellaFiero (edited 09-27-2000).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock