Started on: 01-30-2000 01:41 AM
Replies: 19
Last post by: Silver Bullet on 02-05-2000 08:59 PM
Standard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2000 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Just got back from watching Magnolia.. really long movie.. and really wierd.. oh, did I mention it's really long? anyways... about 10 minutes into the movie you get a nice side shot of a white 86 SE V6. Get to see it again a little later. pretty cool..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2000 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
they destroy a red V6 in one of burt reynolds movies. bandit 2 I think.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2000 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Last time I ever watch a Burt Reynolds movie.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2000 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
This isn't a movie, but the other night I was watching a special on A&E about the "subculture" of street racers. It was in southern California (of course) and was mainly about Japanese cars, but one shot showed a VERY nice silver '85 GT. It was only on for a few seconds, but I was happy to see a "real" car amongst those little Civics.
Tom88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom88gtSend a Private Message to Tom88gtDirect Link to This Post
I saw an A&E street racing show the other night with a glimpse of a Fiero too but it was in Toronto.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
You're right! I just assumed it was So. Cal., since that is where the majority of those people are.
86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
OH have I seen Fieros in movies!!

They destroyed one in "Cop Land".
You can see Fiero tail lights in "Stir Of Echos".
Get a nice few second shot of a sweet black GT in "Friday".
There is one in a Star Trek movie.
I think there is one in "Wanes World" at the street hockey sceen.

I think thats all I've seen.........

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
ST IV: The Voyage Home is the one with the Fiero, I think. I'll have to look tonight. This will give me an excuse to watch ST. What a deal! Now if I can only convince my wife this is "homework"!
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
There's one with Corbin Bernsen(sp) and Shelly Long both working at a sperm bank and Corbin roars around with some other guy in a red GT with tan int.
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2000 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
There is one in the street hockey scene from Wayne's World. think it's a fastback GT

Now I have an excuse to go rent Friday.. hehe

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2000 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
"Dont nobody go in the bathroom for 30-45 minutes!"

Im going to have to go rent Friday now too.

PFF
System Bot
87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2000 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTSend a Private Message to 87GTDirect Link to This Post
The other day I was watching an old episode of the Golden Girls(I was bored)anyways, Betty White was in a parking garage and right behind her sitting in a space was a brand new 84 White Sport Coupe Fiero. I noticed in the credits that the show aired in 1985 so that had to be brank spanking new. It was strange seeing a 84 brand new and shiney like that. I dont remember Fieros when they were still in production. I was a little kid then.
william_thorniii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2000 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for william_thorniiiSend a Private Message to william_thorniiiDirect Link to This Post
Gentlemen,

Your sightings have all been good, but I have one that will top each and every one here. Why have I been holding out so long? Well... this particular sighting appeared in one of those super cheesy 80's Skinemax movies. What I meant to say was that I never saw it... but a friend told me all about it... Yeah that's it!

In the movie the main character drove some sort of red kit car. There was some redneck family that was always trying to race him in their beaters (usually land yachts). Then the familys idiotic son gets an idea. He creates a mixture in a beaker that is bright green and smoking. Finally the idiot son pulls up in a silver notchback Fiero (forget the model). He then proceeds pour the mixture in the engine and then to smoke the main character by an incredible margin. Just after the race the car's rear decklid literally blows off several feet into the air. As the main character drives by, the idiot is jumping up and down in his overalls!

Although I never paid attention to the title, I do remember that the intro was terribly cheap. It was a simulated DOS type computer screen (Perhaps Commodore Vic 20 era?). The names were all in a terminal type font. The plot was of course terriby deep and intertwined... O.K. so it was about a private eye.

At least that is how I remember it.. uh... I mean that is how a friend told me it happened.

William T. Thorn, III

[This message has been edited by william_thorniii (edited 02-02-2000).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2000 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Shame on you! I would never watch any of the 11 XXX movies that are supposedly in my collection.
wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2000 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
Check out "Ferris Bulers Day Off". Jenifer Grey drives a white Fiero coupe. I'n not sure of the year.
TooLowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2000 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TooLowFieroSend a Private Message to TooLowFieroDirect Link to This Post
i was also going to mention Ferris Buellers Day off. i did some research on the car and that car would be an 84 SE w/4 speed it still pretty cool that you can see suck a great car in a funny movie<i thought it was funny anyways> well happy Fiero'ing
TooLowFiero
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2000 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
In the MTV Y2K commericial there is a grey 84 SC upside down and on fire.

The one where the guy is jogging while cars wreck and nukes fly overhead.

M King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2000 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for M KingSend a Private Message to M KingDirect Link to This Post
I saw a 88 White GT fastback (I think it was an 88 because it was not two-tone) in a Weather channel commercial, I think its on during the winter weather update. But its stuck in snow .
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2000 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Looked like the back of a white 87+ notchback or a maybe GT in wildest police vids friday night. was passed by the chasee just before he ditched and they caught him.
Silver Bullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2000 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silver BulletSend a Private Message to Silver BulletDirect Link to This Post
I saw two fieros in tv shows last week. I think you'll find one of them interesting.

US marshalls at the cemetary seen.
An animated fiero on the simpsons!!

pretty cool huh?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock