Performance Parts For The Iron Duke by Roy
Started on: 01-22-2000 10:24 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: ChadMan on 01-25-2000 04:43 PM
Roy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2000 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoyClick Here to visit Roy's HomePageSend a Private Message to RoyDirect Link to This Post
I remember awhile back someone post a page on here that had a list of performance parts to build a 140-200hp iron duke. I was wondering if someone could repost that page. Ive been looking for it and cannot find it.

Thanks In Advance,

Roy

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2000 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
People are lucky if they get that kind of HP from a 2.8/3.1 V6, how do you figure getting that much power from a 4 cylinder? About the best thing you can do for the Duke is to install a header and good exhaust system. The 2.5 loses reliability when they are hotrodded and ran hard. It just was never designed to be a high performance engine.
Roy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2000 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RoyClick Here to visit Roy's HomePageSend a Private Message to RoyDirect Link to This Post
I was at this webpage one time, a guy had built a iron duke that was about 140-160 hp. And was still street legal. It passed emission's and everything. He over bored it by .50 I think. Im not sure. Im still looking for the page, if I find it ill post it.

Roy

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2000 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Roy, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm saying it won't last long if you run it hard. Those cylinder walls are already thin, 0.050" overbore sounds like a little too much. You might gain a couple HP over a 0.030" overbore at most. The Iron Duke also has a nasty habit of spinning bearings if abused.
Roy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2000 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RoyClick Here to visit Roy's HomePageSend a Private Message to RoyDirect Link to This Post
Heres one page I found. This guy did a .40 overbore. And btw Im not interested in doing this. Just interested in what someone did to get a street legal 140-200 hp iron duke hehe. Personally I'd rather have a large v6 or a v8 under the hood. I wanna be able to rev the engine and set off car alarms Im as sceptical as you are, as what was done to that engine to get it that high.

Roy

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2000 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure if you spent a ton of money on modifying the head, put in high compression pistons, the biggest cam you can find, header, etc., it would put out some great numbers on the dyno. But, when the stock 2.5 don't even hold up to a lot of abuse, a hotrodded one sure won't. High RPM will kill it fast. Want a fast 4 cylinder, get a super duty 2.5 racing engine. Talk about high dollar.
WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post
The 200 hp claim was either a *seat of the pantsometer claim, or it was a Super Duty block. This was a special block constructed to take the inherent imbalance of a 4 cyl. It was very successful in its racing endeavors. The stock crankshaft reported is only capable of 150 hp before being severely stressed. So the crank would have to also be changed out. Taking into account the difficulty to get a 2.8 V6 up to just below 200, it would be less than likely that a 2.5 could go that hi and still be smog legal.
Claims of power are tricky, only the dyno will tell the truth EVERY time.
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2000 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
Hey Roy - is this the page you were talking about? Note that I have no experience whatsoever with this shop - I just surfed in while searching for Duke performance parts.
http://www.amotion.com/p4.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock