Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  oil pressure gauge pegged when off, key on, and started. Temp gauge not working at al

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

oil pressure gauge pegged when off, key on, and started. Temp gauge not working at al by OXFDFIERO
Started on: 06-21-2013 08:43 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Boostdreamer on 06-21-2013 02:10 PM
OXFDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OXFDFIEROSend a Private Message to OXFDFIERODirect Link to This Post
I recently took an 84 2.5 iron duke mated with and auto trans and swapped it with a 86 2.8 mated with a 4 speed trans. I'm pleased with the results because everything works like it should except for the two things listed. Like the title says oil pressure gauge pegged when off, key on, and started. Temp gauge not working at all. Now please don't get mad at me for for asking about the oil pressure gauge being pegged all the time simply because I've searched it up on the forum and found nothing on it being pegged past 80 psi but you can get mad me for the temp gauge question lol
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Can we assume you DO NOT have the auxillary gauge pod?

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

OXFDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OXFDFIEROSend a Private Message to OXFDFIERODirect Link to This Post
I have the 84 gauge pod yes
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
The easy thing to do first is to swap other gauges. I just went through it with my oil pressure:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/128751.html

Turned out it was a bad gauge. The good thing about swapping gauges is there is practically no mess involved. I made a big mess workin on the other end of the problem when I didn't have to.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock