headlight motor by A Woodward
Started on: 06-21-2013 08:36 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: fierofool on 06-21-2013 01:05 PM
A Woodward

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A WoodwardSend a Private Message to A WoodwardDirect Link to This Post
Will a Cardone Reman/Headlamp Motor p/n 49-106 (generation 1) for a 84 Pontiac Firebird (drivers side) work in the passenger side of my 84 Fiero? I need a headlight motor for my passenger side. The electrical side of the motor is shot. I have tested it and when installed caused the fuse to blow when the lights are raised. Grears have been replaced. Wiring checked for shorts, relays swapped, new headlight switch. I would like working headlights before the 30th gathering.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamDirect Link to This Post
I saw somewhere that somebody said you could swap sides but I really don't see how that is possible. Here's a link (a bit outdated but still good) that shows what motors are compatible if you want to hit a boneyard in search of a replacement:

http://fierosails.com/HeadlightMotors.html

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I haven't verified it but I've often read on this forum that the motors will interchange. You have to swap sides because the Firebird headlight motors are set on the outside of the assembly and the Fiero motors are set on the inside of the assembly.

Once you get it installed, if it runs backward (raises when the lights are turned off and lowers when turned on) you have to separate the case and turn the stator around. Generation 1 motors have a knock-out plug in the case that allows swapping the large plastic gear shaft from the opposite side, thus making a right side into a left side motor or left side into a right side motor.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock