Replace or rebuild the C203 plug by 86blackgt
Started on: 06-17-2013 10:32 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: phonedawgz on 06-20-2013 05:45 PM
86blackgt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackgtSend a Private Message to 86blackgtDirect Link to This Post
I seem to have one or more loose connections in my C203 wiring plug causing my car to die. So I would like to make the whole plug like to new. What is the best way of doing this?

Thanks

Ryan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
You could scavenge a junkyard for anything with the minimum amount of wires.

Here is another method. I stole this photo from Capt Fiero I think:
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Body side or engine side.

I have new engine side (clear) connectors. I also have new metal terminals for both sides. I only have used body side (black) connectors.

$10 new engine connector

$10 for 15 of the metal terminals in the engine side connector or body side connector.

Add $5 for shipping

You do need the right crimp tool. I don't sell them - http://www.bandc.biz/openbarrelcrimptool.aspx

Don't scrimp in the crimp tool. It HAS to have that two butt cheek shape or the crimps won't work. There is a second tool like this that has butt shapes on the A & B also and it works fine. This is about as cheap as you can find one that will work. The ones that the factory recommend are $100+

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 06-17-2013).]

86blackgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackgtSend a Private Message to 86blackgtDirect Link to This Post
It would be the engine side, female plugs. What do you mean by clear connectors? I thought they were all gray on the engine side and black on the body side.

Ryan
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
The engine side is a milky translucent double rowed connector. Pins A - H on one side and J - R on the other.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2013 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
Are the pins pushing out of the connector when you plug it together?

If so just bend the tang out a little bit and reinsert the pin.
86blackgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackgtSend a Private Message to 86blackgtDirect Link to This Post
The wires don't pull out of the plug, the female connectors are just loose.

Can the new connectors be soldered on by any chance or do they have to be crimped on?

Ryan
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
Sure they can. Pull the contacts out and have at it, soldering is better than crimping anyday.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2013 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
The connectors are designed to be crimped on. Uncrimped they won't slip into the connector. There is one part of the crimp that is designed to crimp on the copper. There is a separate part that crimps onto the insulator.

There are only three wires in C203 that could kill the engine. E, J, K. Perhaps you should just buy pigtails from me for those three connectors and the shell if it's messed up or too brittle.

A solder joint on the wire would be better than having a messed up terminal.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 06-19-2013).]

86blackgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86blackgtSend a Private Message to 86blackgtDirect Link to This Post
PM sent to phonedawg
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
The connector and pins went out in the mail today.

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock