Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Is there a factory amp in my car? Performance Sound Equipped.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Is there a factory amp in my car? Performance Sound Equipped. by JHarvey
Started on: 06-17-2013 01:41 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 06-17-2013 07:34 PM
JHarvey

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyDirect Link to This Post
As the title says, Is there a factory amp in my car?
It has the performance sound package with the 8" sub under the dash. I don't have the sub hooked up however I purchased a harness adapter for the stock
harness to hook up to my newer stereo and yes i wired it up correctly. I've been doing this for 5+ years now. To the point though, when I turn on my headlights
the sound quits working. The radio is still on and everything just no sound at all so I've came to the conclusion that its a factory amp in the dash? Someone let me know
something please. I drive alot at night and its became quite annoying.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
you have it wired wrong for one , check illumination wire in harness, that is only thing common between headlight switch and radio.. there is a factory amp on the right side of center console behind the carpet.. 5+ years is long time to be putting a radio in a fiero...lol

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JHarvey:

As the title says, Is there a factory amp in my car?
It has the performance sound package with the 8" sub under the dash. I don't have the sub hooked up however I purchased a harness adapter for the stock
harness to hook up to my newer stereo and yes i wired it up correctly. I've been doing this for 5+ years now. To the point though, when I turn on my headlights
the sound quits working. The radio is still on and everything just no sound at all so I've came to the conclusion that its a factory amp in the dash? Someone let me know
something please. I drive alot at night and its became quite annoying.

The factory amp is located under the carpet on the side of the hump between the driver and passenger. It's located on the passenger side, basically, directly to the right of the shifter. If you remove the shifter cover, and then pull the carpet back on the right, you'll see a little silver box mounted on the inside of a plastic bracket.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock