Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  A/C high pressure port valve core + adapter - where to buy?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

A/C high pressure port valve core + adapter - where to buy? by sricka01
Started on: 06-01-2013 02:04 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: RWDPLZ on 06-05-2013 10:07 PM
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post
My high pressure valve core has a leak. I took off the R134 adapter but there's no valve core underneath. I went to Oreillys and they had valve core adapter kits and valve core repair parts but it's a complete pass through. I bought both. The replacement high pressure adapter on the new kit doesn't have a valve core in it and if I were to install, there wouldn't be anything to keep the system charged.

What part # or kit do I need to buy that comes with both valve core and R134 adapter for the high side?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post
It's been asked before, but no specific part number. ;(

fierobug

Rate this member

05-04-2011 08:34 PM

Does anybody know the correct retrofit adapter for the high side that includes the valve core?. Having a hard time finding it. Don't know what size thread it is. help
------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

Alex4mula

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

05-05-2011 09:33 AM

Autozone and Advance Auto type of chain do not have them. We have a chain called Bennet Auto Supply where I got the right ones which include the shradder valve and also were very cheap (<$4). You will also need a shrader valve remover specially for that type which is much bigger than the tire valve ones. The only reason I changed the high side was because the original valve threads in the pipe went bad and I couldn't make it seal good. So the new adapter gave me a new valve and sealing surface. But I do all my A/C work so I can care less what EPA wants.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
For an R-134A conversion, Four Seasons part # 59978, remove the valve core from the original (make sure system is empty first!), and screw this one on. It comes with a replaceable valve core.

The original is 3/16", and the original valve core is GM part # 10027604, or AC Delco part # 15-5375, if you were keeping it R-12.

You also need a special larger valve core tool to remove the old one, Four Seasons # 59302

The other end of the tool works on 1/4" ones too, so it's not just a one-time use thing. Also works on tire valve cores.
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post
Thank you! The valve core is already removed from the original R12 side. So all I have to do is install this, just couldnt find the part # yesterday.
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the part numbers. I think I'm going to get a Santech valve core/cap kit MT2903 to go with the retrofit parts I have, about $6 on eBay

Is there a part # for the low side with a replaceable valve?

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 06-05-2013).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

Thanks for the part numbers. I think I'm going to get a Santech valve core/cap kit MT2903 to go with the retrofit parts I have, about $6 on eBay

Is there a part # for the low side with a replaceable valve?

Four Seasons part # 59976 is the low side with the replaceable valve.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock