Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Bosch or ACDelco!! Which fuel pump is better for a 1988 GT V6, 5 speed

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Bosch or ACDelco!! Which fuel pump is better for a 1988 GT V6, 5 speed by hcforde
Started on: 05-26-2013 01:57 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: hcforde on 05-28-2013 05:50 PM
hcforde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeDirect Link to This Post
I have seen a number of different name brands I do not recognize and the last thing I want is a cheap off-shore brand that will not hold up after going through all the work of pulling a tank. The pumps listed below are both about $60.00 while I have seen some of the 'other brands' in the $20 range. I am also open to other suggestions as long as they are quality products. Also, do all pumps come as complete kits? The Bosch comes with wires, tubing, gaskets and clamps while the ACDelco is pictured as just a pump.

Bosch 69222 VS ACDelco EP378
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
My personal preference would be the Bosch but that's just me.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I cannot speak from personal experience, but many people on the forum have said to use the AC Delco pump. Other pumps supposedly make quite a bit more noise than the Delco pump.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Go with a Delco or a Delphi pump.
pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Direct Link to This Post
in my opinion both pumps are great as long as you dont use the airtex brand fuel pump from advance or autozone
hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the Airtex was the cheap one I was referring to but I did not want to give them any free publicity. Do they all come as complete kits though or do some come as a bare pump?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
If you run a swap with higher fuel demands (to a point) I would recommend the Bosch 69225 (AC Delco EP-381) .
For a stock 2.8L the Bosch 69222 or EP-376 are overkill but they won't do any harm.
Bosch Fuel Pumps are made in their own factory in Brazil. I've been running the Bosch for the last two years with no reliability or fuel supply problems. Bosch is a turbine pump and as such does not require a pulsator. They run quiet.
AC Delco has degenerated to a Made in China re-boxed part supplied by the contract manufacturer that bids the lowest price of unknown quality. The US facilities of AC Delco were closed a while ago. All that remains original is the design of the box. Ac Delco fuel pumps are gyrator pumps that pump in pulses, hence the need for a pulsator.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 05-26-2013).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

If you decide to buy an ACDelco fuel pump, be careful where you buy it.

Should I be ticked off that the fuel pump I received is not what I ordered?
hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeDirect Link to This Post
I am buying from the true amazon store.

Dennis, does that mean it is hard to tell if the pump is actually working, lol. Thanks, that is good information to know. Especially if I am buying via the mail. If at a store I can check if it is American made.

[This message has been edited by hcforde (edited 05-26-2013).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hcforde:

What does that mean?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hcforde:

Dennis, does that mean it is hard to tell if the pump is actually working, lol. Thanks, that is good information to know. Especially if I am buying via the mail. If at a store I can check if it is American made.

Unless it is old stock AC-Delco will now be Chinese made. Both pump brands work. Its a question of how long they might last.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeDirect Link to This Post
Some times individuals can sell through Amazon and so can other companies. When other companies do so they can do it directly through their own store OR they can do it where it says fulfilled by Amazon(they give amazon the stock and Amazon does the actual shipping from an Amazon warehouse). If you deal directly with Amazon there are fewer issues and problems should you have to return an item.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock